BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

At the bottom of the first post in this thread, there is a cab to make the Start Menu 3 items across instead of 4. So you would end up with larger icons

I know that you had issues with the data connection before and you have gotten that resolved. Have you tired hard resetting your phone? This is normally the easiest way to solve the data connection issues, so it might help with your PRL problems.

Alas, finally got my PRL working. Some changes I had to in the registry to fix the issue. I am sticking to this ROM. Best ROM to date. Thanks BW for the effort.

Guest blazingwolf
Alas, finally got my PRL working. Some changes I had to in the registry to fix the issue. I am sticking to this ROM. Best ROM to date. Thanks BW for the effort.

Hmm, can you tell me the changes you made please. I will look in to this and see if I need to make some changes.

Guest jesus169
I don't know why you would need to use the number functions with Google Maps. Most or all of the functions are easily accessible with the touch screen.

If you have a lot of messages, the screen can hang for a bit. Try clearing out your text messages and see if that improves speed.

No no it's that I cannot use the numbers in the search area in google maps with the default t9 keyboard. I didn't know if this was an unmentioned bug or just a fluke in my install.

Also, I tried to delete all my text messages but it did not fix the hang up. It hangs up from the home screen for about 9 seconds until it goes into the messaging area, which does not make sense. I love this build except for these two problems! Thanks

Bump...still cant access Windows Market place..it needs to run the update but wont update. Downloads about 75% of it then states "windows Marketplace for Mobile cannot connect right now". I have full signal strength and can brose the web with no issues.... Is it because I installed the .cab file on my storage card?? I did that so that any apps I download are automatically store on the storage card...help please.

No no it's that I cannot use the numbers in the search area in google maps with the default t9 keyboard. I didn't know if this was an unmentioned bug or just a fluke in my install.

Also, I tried to delete all my text messages but it did not fix the hang up. It hangs up from the home screen for about 9 seconds until it goes into the messaging area, which does not make sense. I love this build except for these two problems! Thanks

Try using a different keyboard. I use Finger Keyboard and I don't have any issues with Google Maps

Bump...still cant access Windows Market place..it needs to run the update but wont update. Downloads about 75% of it then states "windows Marketplace for Mobile cannot connect right now". I have full signal strength and can brose the web with no issues.... Is it because I installed the .cab file on my storage card?? I did that so that any apps I download are automatically store on the storage card...help please.

I would try installing it to your Device memory. There is a Patched version of Marketplace that allows you to install programs anywhere you want

Guest isuckrealbad

im having the same lag issues with the messaging, i flashed it worked fine, very quick, then after a hard reset it started lagging, tried resetting several times and even reflashing with no luck, sometimes it takes me up to a minute to load the messages or switch to another conversation

Guest RCReecer

Nice work BW.  My wife just got an Omnia so that she could run this ROM.

I do have one question - how do you configure the lock?  She wants to set it to lock automatically after a set time.

Thanks!

Cain

I have gotten it to work on the Black Rom, so it should work on the Blue Rom. And I have not had any keyboard issues. I attached the cab that I am using.

Did you install in on they main memory or the storage card?

I would try installing it to your Device memory. There is a Patched version of Marketplace that allows you to install programs anywhere you want

Didn't work :). I even Hard Reset my phone and reinstalled the Patched version....dont now what else to do...Should I hard reset again. try to run the version that comes with the OS, update if it lets me, uninstalled and install the Patched version???

Guest blazingwolf
im having the same lag issues with the messaging, i flashed it worked fine, very quick, then after a hard reset it started lagging, tried resetting several times and even reflashing with no luck, sometimes it takes me up to a minute to load the messages or switch to another conversation

Do you have a lot of messages in the messaging app? This is the only thing I have seen that will cause a slow down with this.

Guest blazingwolf
Nice work BW.  My wife just got an Omnia so that she could run this ROM.

I do have one question - how do you configure the lock?  She wants to set it to lock automatically after a set time.

Thanks!

Cain

Do you mean the pin lock? Then you need to go to Start/Settings/Lock. Then put in the requested settings.

If you want to have the device lock with out the pin on wake up you can go to Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons. Go to the wake up section and choose When device is woken up, lock device.

Guest blazingwolf
Didn't work :). I even Hard Reset my phone and reinstalled the Patched version....dont now what else to do...Should I hard reset again. try to run the version that comes with the OS, update if it lets me, uninstalled and install the Patched version???

Seems weird. Give the standard version a shot and see what happens. Might be an issue with the hacked version.

Seems weird. Give the standard version a shot and see what happens. Might be an issue with the hacked version.

I am pretty sure it is the hacked version. I just opened the Marketplace and I can't get the update to install either. It get to able 75% then there is an error

Guest isuckrealbad
Do you have a lot of messages in the messaging app? This is the only thing I have seen that will cause a slow down with this.

i do now but it lags regardless if i have any or not, it was even lagging before doing a backup to anything, i find it odd that i had a lot of messages on the first flash of this rom and it didnt lag at all, but once i hard reset the first time it has lagged regardless of how many messages i have

Guest nugget2941

where can i get a copy of the original touch player? when i try to use win music player to load my korean music, it uploads all music and navigation sounds all together. also it doesnt read the korean font as well. the touch player had no problem with korean fonts. thanks. otherwise great rom

Guest nugget2941
I use Fusion Voicemail Plus. It works great. You can even set different voicemail messages depending on who is calling. It is free to sign up and use.

http://www.fusionvoicemailplus.com/marketing/default.htm

i tried fusion voicemail also. for some reason, it will only play back messages on media player. also, it plays only on my speakerphone. if on vibrate mode, no messages can be heard from earpiece. am i doing something wrong? i looked at the settings and there were not too many to mess around with.

@rpmm70,

Thanks for answering all of the questions while I have been gone. I appreciate it. :)

It is no problem. I am just trying to help out where and when I can. I hope that you are enjoying the new phone

i tried fusion voicemail also. for some reason, it will only play back messages on media player. also, it plays only on my speakerphone. if on vibrate mode, no messages can be heard from earpiece. am i doing something wrong? i looked at the settings and there were not too many to mess around with.

It only plays through WMP and the speaker, so you aren't doing anything wrong. Unless I am mistaken and there is a way to play through the ear piece. If you open Fusion Voicemail, there is an option to call your voice and you can listen to it through the ear piece that way.

Guest nmayer79
I don't know why you would need to use the number functions with Google Maps. Most or all of the functions are easily accessible with the touch screen.

If you have a lot of messages, the screen can hang for a bit. Try clearing out your text messages and see if that improves speed.

Think he means when you are searching, had that same problem, couldnt put in street addresses or zipcodes at all. doesnt happen anymore though, not sure when it stopped; when i flashed to cf03 or when i downloaded lastest version of google maps.

Guest The Odom Project

BRAVO! I started trying a few roms out the other day, n wanted a good wm 6.5 rom with regular home screen and such, and this is just plain GREAT! Keep up the awesome work!