BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

I flashed my wifes phone to the blue and I am still experimenting with other roms and learning who to do this on my own. Does anyone have the cab to the Keyboard used in this rom? I absolutely love the double character keyboard when it's in portrait mode and texting. Thank you in advance.

Guest lioryte
BW I just want to use your neo theme, how do I install it on any rom I already have?

I don't think that there is a neo cab file. I might be wrong but I don't remember seeing one

I flashed my wifes phone to the blue and I am still experimenting with other roms and learning who to do this on my own. Does anyone have the cab to the Keyboard used in this rom? I absolutely love the double character keyboard when it's in portrait mode and texting. Thank you in advance.

It looks like it's the black keyboard, look at sector's research thread thread

Hmmm. Any news on the new rom? I'm still to far away from a droid, needs me a better rom to suffer the days away!

Im wondering the same... love the rom, but itching for the next update.

I am with you. I am dying to try out the new ROM

I left a massage for Mr. Wolf to stop playing with his new super cool fast DROID and get back to his Omnia so as soon as he reads it I'm hoping you'll have an answer.

Happy new year to ya'll

Guest andredabomb92
I don't think that there is a neo cab file. I might be wrong but I don't remember seeing one

I left a massage for Mr. Wolf to stop playing with his new super cool fast DROID and get back to his Omnia so as soon as he reads it I'm hoping you'll have an answer.

Happy new year to ya'll

yeah, lioryte, hopefully you dont leave us, youre all we have left :)

Guest rtimi28

Happy new year to ya'll

yeah Happy New year to you too. however I would like to know what has come of omnialite apps I have searched every known thread of this and it goes back to this link : http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-for-i900-i910/

And no one seems to answer the questions of whether this apps can work on i910 roms like your lioryte. at least the dialer works but I think for the rest to work we need some registry hacks or tweaking of some sort. You are a pro, can you help us out a little

Happy new year to ya'll

It looks like there is a cab on the Neo Titanium topic. I have not tried any of the cabs. I have been using BW's ROMs for a while and they already have Neo installed.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...8/neo-titanium/

I hope you hear back from BW soon.

Edited by rpmm70

Guest Tedchm

hi I have been really enjoying this rom, and have been very thankful for everyones help. But I have another problem. I cannot get gps to work on google maps, I have seen BW suggestion in other places to set com8 57600 baud. Upon using these settings google maps displays no gps receiver was found error. Secondly I have changed location from E911 to location on. Has anyone else had this problem? Suggestions for fixes, and or no software to try would be great thanks and happy new year!!!!

Guest andredabomb92
hi I have been really enjoying this rom, and have been very thankful for everyones help. But I have another problem. I cannot get gps to work on google maps, I have seen BW suggestion in other places to set com8 57600 baud. Upon using these settings google maps displays no gps receiver was found error. Secondly I have changed location from E911 to location on. Has anyone else had this problem? Suggestions for fixes, and or no software to try would be great thanks and happy new year!!!!

after u turned location on, did you go into google maps and click "use gps?"

Guest rpmm70
how to align the today screen wallpaper to the start menu?

If you have changed the wallpaper from the default to one of your choosing, it should be in the same position on the home screen and the Start Menu. If they are off, you can try resizing the pictures to 400 x 240 to match the resolution of the screen.

Guest tmar23

Hi all. Since we are all waiting for BW's next rom (hope it is still coming?). I have a problem I was hoping someone may have already experienced. My gps is no longer working. It used to work great. Now, when I open google maps, and then try to "use gps" it looks as if it begins to initialize and then it kicks me out of the program. The same thing happens with amaze gps. I made sure my GPS was on in the phone settings. I am on BW's lastest rom. I have installed many apps lately, including the new google app as well as TellMe. I am guessing it is because of one of these apps, perhaps. I am hoping someone else ran into this problem, so they might be to help with this problem I am having?

It almost seems like my gps has been turned off on my phone??? Anyone have any ideas how to turn it back on?

Nevermind, I finally found the answer. Apparently the new google maps does not work well with the omnia i910 as it caused the problem. Once I uninstalled and reinstalled the old version everything was fine.

Edited by tmar23

Guest Tedchm
after u turned location on, did you go into google maps and click "use gps?"

yes, after further tweaking I thought I should report that with the settings in googlemaps managed by windows and about 30 minutes of being outside I can get a lock, unfortunately this is everytime I go to get a GPS lock.

Guest plecosword

I never thanked you for this, This is my first time flashing a ROM that is custom with wm 6.5, I really did underestimate it, but it turned out great, so my brother wanted me to flash his omnia too haha, GREAT WORK! it works! the wifi tethering thing was increadible! could never get the other one I had to work, so this really made the phone better, so thanks!

few notes though, the actual phone were you dial is not very responsive, and under setting, were you change input, I guess you are not able to change the keyboard if you know what I mean. But I love this flashing game now :)

Guest tmar23

I guess BW forgot about us now that he has moved onto the droid. No new rom to flash. I am definitely suffering from withdrawal. Guess I can't blame him, though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Oaktown77

Wolf, the WM7 Black is truly bad-ass, nice work! I'll be sendind you a few cases of Pepsi via Paypal. The Omnia i910 is like a whole new phone, and the touchscreen responds so much smoother and faster. Just wanted to post an alert on how to fix the Internet (Verizon Broadband) after this ROM upgrade, which a few others seemed to have run into. I saw you posted this fix elsewhere but it took a while to find.

After the ROM upgrade, if the Internet does not dial on the phone by default, go to Settings, Connections, Connections, and Add a new connection under My ISP or edit the existing one to make sure it is named "Broadband Access" and dials out to #777 with no user/pass. If the Connection is named VZW or some other custom name, it will not work.

I was considering upgrading to an Omnia II, but after getting this ROM mod, why bother? The old school Omnia used to be a bit sluggish but so far this thing finally gives an iPhone a run for the money, aside maybe from Mobile Safari still easier than Mobile IE.

Thanks for all the hard work man!!

Guest Ruffroc02

Hey,

I am trying to reactivate my omnia with the custom rom on it. The HEX number on the back is worn so I can't see all the letters. Does anybody know how to access the service menu so I can look up the ESN or MEID?

Guest sojrner
After the ROM upgrade, if the Internet does not dial on the phone by default, go to Settings, Connections, Connections, and Add a new connection under My ISP or edit the existing one to make sure it is named "Broadband Access" and dials out to #777 with no user/pass. If the Connection is named VZW or some other custom name, it will not work.

Like what has been said many times before in this thread (and you apparently read it), just do a hard-reset right after the flash. No need to go through the details of all that.

...Mobile Safari still easier than Mobile IE.

Seriously? Mobile IE? Does anyone use that on their phone when Opera is so much the better app (and every WM phone worth anything these days ships with)? Even the latest builds of WM on other roms has a "new" IE and it still pales next to Opera.

Not coming down on you man, good that you're getting new life out of your phone and BW has one of the best roms out there, but you will be even happier with it when you use all the tools/features that it has and get the "best browsing experience you've ever had" :)

Enjoy your "new" phone though. Rock on.

Guest LiquorBox

Hey there BW,

Love the Rom. Awsome work. I've been messing around with it and was wondering if there is a registry key that holds the setting for the Text Messages from the home screen that I can change to use VITO SMS Chat. Can't stand the default text messaging app. I changed the registry key under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSINBOX and changed out tmail to the file location for sms chat. This fixed the link for the messaging icon in the start menu. Also fixed the SMS link for favorite contacts when sending a text. Unfortunately though, under the notifications when I go to text messages, still popping the old app. Do you happen to know where this would be located?

Thanks in advance.

Guest nickh21

without having to look through 63 pages, can someone tell me what the attached cab files on post#1 do??

Attached File(s)

Attached File BW_3_Column_Start_menu_with_Hexagon.cab ( 4.16K ) Number of downloads: 1015

Attached File BW_Original_Titanium.cab ( 502.65K ) Number of downloads: 732

Attached File TouchResponse_v0_3_2.CAB ( 310.45K ) Number of downloads: 855

Attached File BW_3_Column_Start_menu_with_Hexagon.cab ( 4.16K ) Number of downloads: 1015

Changes the Start Menu from 4 across to 3 across

Attached File BW_Original_Titanium.cab ( 502.65K ) Number of downloads: 732

Changes the main screen from Neo Titanium back to the original

Attached File TouchResponse_v0_3_2.CAB ( 310.45K ) Number of downloads: 855

This was used to solve an issue with an older ROM and you won't need this with the newest ROM