HTC Service manuals? Mike Channon's site taken down.

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Now that Mike Channon's sites been nobbled

"Hostgator: Site Content Removed

At the request of the:

HTC Corporation, Taiwan"

anyone know where I can get the kaiser service manual?

All posts re it point back to his site :-(

I wish people would just continue to zip and add them to forum posts rather than try to drive traffic to sites - most of the service manual links - even for older devices in xda-dev wikis point to his site as well :)

This happens a lot. Someone decides they'll become *the* source of info on something, everyone else is lazy and just linkls to them, and then their site dissappears. I'm sure the info will crop up again, but we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket. We've lost non copyright stuff too from his site.

M.S

Guest Mike Channon
Now that Mike Channon's sites been nobbled

"Hostgator: Site Content Removed

At the request of the:

HTC Corporation, Taiwan"

anyone know where I can get the kaiser service manual?

All posts re it point back to his site :-(

I wish people would just continue to zip and add them to forum posts rather than try to drive traffic to sites - most of the service manual links - even for older devices in xda-dev wikis point to his site as well :)

This happens a lot. Someone decides they'll become *the* source of info on something, everyone else is lazy and just linkls to them, and then their site dissappears. I'm sure the info will crop up again, but we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket. We've lost non copyright stuff too from his site.

M.S

I am working on some kind of solution at the moment. I am hopeful that most of the site will be back up and running soon but I will have to comply with HTC specific requests. In the meantime the Kaiser Manual: HTC_Kaiser_Service_Manual.pdf

Mike

Guest Mike Channon

I have restored to an earlier version of my website that excludes specific items requested for "take down" by hTC. My host had entered a script that automatically blocks any references to those specific items.

Regarding the idea that it is not wise to rely on one website as a download source. I agree, and others do exist - though I would claim to have a more comprehensive site than most.

However, uploading files here as PDFs could and would result in hTC issuing take down notices to Modaco as well as me. Incidentally I used to spend a lot of time optimising my site for Google, so that's why my site shows high on listings. However, if mine is down for any reason, you will find other sites further down the listings.

A sad note, is that it is very likely that Service Manuals for newer devices will be very hard to find if at all. hTC have increased their security on their sites and on teir documents. I think the days of Manuals appearing on the net for most devicesis a thing of the past. But hey, that just gives space for all the enthusiasts to break open their phones, take pics and write guides without any intellectual property issues arising. Again sadly, I have very little time to do this myself these days.

Mike