Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Cragger
Anyone else having wifi turn on randomly with Wozzer 23071. Love the rom, but this wifi issue is killing my battery life.

I think I do too -- glad someone else spoke up. Seems to work for a while, but esp. after my phone is locke/unlocked and I reconnect it doesn't really seem to work even though the WiFi pannel says I'm connected.

Edited by Cragger

Guest dmcnado
I think I do too -- glad someone else spoke up. Seems to work for a while, but esp. after my phone is locke/unlocked and I reconnect it doesn't really seem to work even though the WiFi pannel says I'm connected.

I am having these issues, also.

Guest utdsoccer18
Memory Map...

SLOT 0: 0x02000000 - 0x01800000 (END: 0x00060000, 41 MODULES)

0x02000000 - 0x01fe0000 - ROM 0

0x01fa0000 - 0x01db0000 - ROM 1

SLOT 1: 0x04000000 - 0x02020000 (END: 0x02020000, 296 MODULES)

RAM IMAGE: 0x80001000 - 0x802f2dec

RAM: 0x802f3000 - 0x804be000 - Used for kernel modules

0x804be000 - 0x86e9d000 - 105 MB free

... done!

now how do i would i go about reducing slot 0?

i have recmoded the sys

Edited by utdsoccer18

Guest dmcnado

i have recmoded the sys

To remove modules from slot 0, we use a batch tool called recmod, which you've already done. This converts the module folder to a file and removes it from slot 0. However, since modules run faster than files when cooked, only the modules allocated to slot 0 should be recmodded. Trial and error is the only way to know if a module is allocated to slot 0. If the batch tool isn't working effectively, you can use recmod.exe or superrecmod.exe to convert modules manually. Ignore the module count in slot 1. That's where you want them. It's all about what's in slot 0. The lower the # in slot 0 the better, but it still works if it's something other than 0. Right now I have 1 module in my slot 0 and, for the life of me, I can't figure out which module it is so that I can convert it! This process can be very time consuming, so I've stopped looking for now. And the rom works great anyways! I hear the next build (23075) is out... time to start cooking!

Guest utdsoccer18

thanks dmcnado.... trial and error is basically waht ive been doing. could i have a rough estimate as to what the slot0 readings would be preferred?

thanks again

Guest blazingwolf

i have recmoded the sys

There are a couple of batch files for recmodding attached in this thread. Download those and it should get you to zero. Thank the author of them too as I can't remember off the top of my head who did them. :)

Guest xenspidey

I haven't been able to get 23075 to boot... did any of you guys that have it working run into that problem?

EDIT: I got it to boot finally... i had to manually dump the xip though.

Edited by xenspidey

Guest eclsnowman

It seems that many of the cooked roms from 213071 and 23075 have weird and slow touch response. I have tried Rob Storms 23075, Wozzers 23071, NecoSino 23071, HARTv427 23071, they are all slow in touch response. Anyone know why, have the same problems, or did my digitizer go?

Guest necosino
It seems that many of the cooked roms from 213071 and 23075 have weird and slow touch response. I have tried Rob Storms 23075, Wozzers 23071, NecoSino 23071, HARTv427 23071, they are all slow in touch response. Anyone know why, have the same problems, or did my digitizer go?

I know that, at least for mine, the touch is very responsive. Are you on v1? I put in some new reg settings for "perfect" touch response.

Also, try out Snailslug's "TouchResponse" to see if that helps, it's basically haptic feedback for the entire screen, not just on keyboards.

If you're referring to the keyboard, then I know mine is taken care of since I use the Omnia Lite keyboard, which is (IMO) much faster. You can try out a 3rd party keyboard like Cootek's TouchPal (like $19) or ThumbPal (Free)

Guest waremike32
There are a couple of batch files for recmodding attached in this thread. Download those and it should get you to zero. Thank the author of them too as I can't remember off the top of my head who did them. :D

That would be me :P. But I just edited Wozzer's cmd.

Here's my latest version.

To those new to porting...Don't forget to recmod the modules in \OEMapps except for any resource/mui's manually. The batch is only for the SYS.

New_Recmod_SYS_V4.rar

Guest eclsnowman

Yes it was on version 1. it was really prevalent when under the file browser. I do like the omnialite keyboard more than the stock omnia, well done. loaded WB blue 23064 just to check and touch response is good so it isn't my hardware.

Guest dmcnado

Thanks, Waremike! Really appreciate your recmod SYS tools. I'd rather not recmod manually...

EDIT: Just cooked 23075... buildlog says 0 modules in slot 0 (YAY)!

Edited by dmcnado

Guest TheDrizzle

Hey WoZZeR, any news on an updated MegAmnia build with the fixed video recording? I saw in a previous post you fixed it, but it's doesn't look like the version in the first post is that version.

Guest dmcnado

I haven't been able to activate the samsung dialer in wozzer's recent roms. I think he took it out. I ended up cooking my own rom w/ the sammy dialer & keyboard left in. I go back and forth. Sometimes I use wozzer's (or some other cook's) & sometimes I flash something new of my own. Kinda fun now that I'm more adept at cooking.

Edited by dmcnado

I haven't been able to activate the samsung dialer in wozzer's recent roms. I think he took it out. I ended up cooking my own rom w/ the sammy dialer & keyboard left in. I go back and forth. Sometimes I use wozzer's (or some other cook's) & sometimes I flash something new of my own. Kinda fun now that I'm more adept at cooking.

Is there a way to .cab it or something? Kinda prefer the larger buttons...

Guest WoZZeR999

Thanks waremike, I'll have to try that new recmod script. It looks pretty good from what I saw (I only did a brief look through).

23075 and 23081 (kitchen) are uploaded and I will be working on a new MegAmnia and 23081 UltraLite rom tonight (maybe sooner if work goes smooth).

Guest TheDrizzle
Thanks waremike, I'll have to try that new recmod script. It looks pretty good from what I saw (I only did a brief look through).

23075 and 23081 (kitchen) are uploaded and I will be working on a new MegAmnia and 23081 UltraLite rom tonight (maybe sooner if work goes smooth).

Thanks for the update WoZ. I'm using the current build of MegAmnia and I wanted to give you a couple pieces of feedback. First, it looks like you are using the old version of the Compact .NET Framework. (2.0.whatever), and not 3.5. Some apps complained at me until I went through the steps to install the new version.

Second, the version of the HTC album in the current build does not work well. I just get a black screen when I load it up in portrait mode. If I load it up in landscape, it sort of works. I can at least bring up the menus, but I just graphical errors where the thumbnails would go. If I touch the area where a thumbnail might be, it does bring up the pic and it seems to work swiping from picture to picture.

Thanks again for your work on all this!