Bgill55 CF03 Roms 6.5.1 build 23064 "Neo 2.0 Alpha" v55

Guest bga7x

looking good, can the new contact UI be cabbed or does it have to be cooked in?

I posted a cab somewhere in this thread!!! click on the paperclip by my name

Guest pirate266

Hey,

I just downloaded your rom today and it flashed successfully but it goes to your little logo screen then the top bar loads but your logo is stuck on the rest of the screen. I press the volume buttons and that pops up and I can change volume but it never loads the home screen.

Help please?

Guest NickVallely
ok v3.2 is now online! I want to thank you all For the Support v3.1 had 534 DL in 6 days!!! Thats Crazy!!!!

Hey, great work on your roms, had a quick question for you about one issue I have been having with the 3.1 version (I will be updated to 3.2 shortly). I get my mail through an exchange server and they have a security policy enforced to where I must use a password on my phone. However, when I use a password(simple pin) to unlock the device, when it unlocks it goes directly to the 'contacts' program. Is there a way I can get around that? First is there a way to get around the exchange stuff(i am pretty sure they have an updating policy to check periodically if the policy is set on the phone), second, the contacts screen being the first thing I see after I come out of a lock screen.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide with this.

Guest NickVallely
Hey,

I just downloaded your rom today and it flashed successfully but it goes to your little logo screen then the top bar loads but your logo is stuck on the rest of the screen. I press the volume buttons and that pops up and I can change volume but it never loads the home screen.

Help please?

Pirate,

I normally have to push one of the 'call' or 'end' hard buttons on my phone to get anything to come up after a newly flashed rom. The 'call/talk' button should bring up the dialer, and then when I close out it usually goes straight to the UI. Also, with bgill's and most other roms they require a restart after starting up for the XDA_UC stuff to be installed (regardless of whether you have anything in the folder), so I always have to do a restart anyway right after a flash. Hope that helps.

Edited by NickVallely

Guest arirang
ok v3.2 is now online! I want to thank you all For the Support v3.1 had 534 DL in 6 days!!! Thats Crazy!!!!

bgill,

which build is gwes.exe from? 23060? 23053?

Hey, great work on your roms, had a quick question for you about one issue I have been having with the 3.1 version (I will be updated to 3.2 shortly). I get my mail through an exchange server and they have a security policy enforced to where I must use a password on my phone. However, when I use a password(simple pin) to unlock the device, when it unlocks it goes directly to the 'contacts' program. Is there a way I can get around that? First is there a way to get around the exchange stuff(i am pretty sure they have an updating policy to check periodically if the policy is set on the phone), second, the contacts screen being the first thing I see after I come out of a lock screen.

hmmm i dont have an exchange service to test!

Hey,

Help please?

tap the top left corrner of the screen where the old start button was! Thats noted in the first post

Guest pirate266
tap the top left corrner of the screen where the old start button was! Thats noted in the first post

Haha wow, I feel stupid XD Thank you for your help. I can't believe I missed that.

Great rom once again:)

Guest NickVallely

Could you test it out by installing a simple pin for your lock screen and see if it brings you directly to the contact page when you unlock the phone? I would appreciate it... after work today I will unsync from exchange and attempt to test without the exchange link as well, to see if the issue is merely when I have exchange synced up. Thanks for looking into this if you do.

Guest Mastergreeny

The exchange server is a little different in this build with the way it takes a policy. I had to download the security certificate and install in manually. I would imagine this is something MS did though not Bgill. I kept getting an error when it tried to sync without installing the cert manually.

They dont use the password you are talking about though so do think I could test either.

Edited by Mastergreeny

Guest ely_az
4. I also already have this .cab but not so sure these settings dont mess with the sound, or cause the loss of sound from the main speaker and only threw the ear speaker. I also use VVM that i also think causes some issues.

I am using VVM and it definitely causes sound problems. As soon as I listen to a voice mail through VVM the speaker volume is reduced to almost inaudible at the max volume. A soft reset fixes it but clearly this is a problem. This did not happen with any other 6.5 ROMs I have tried but this is the first "neo" that I have used.

Guest Cyclonewoody

I'm on an exchange server as well, typically I don't lock the phone but got the same result you did when I locked it up. I'm guessing it's activating the left soft button on unlock which is set to 'contacts' by default. I didn't see an easy way to re-assign the soft keys but maybe someone else can help out.

Guest DirtySanchez
I am using VVM and it definitely causes sound problems. As soon as I listen to a voice mail through VVM the speaker volume is reduced to almost inaudible at the max volume. A soft reset fixes it but clearly this is a problem. This did not happen with any other 6.5 ROMs I have tried but this is the first "neo" that I have used.

Ya its a problem with the VVM.cab, This is Verizon first release of there VVM and have since updated to other version, BUT its are only for Verizon Non-Smart Touch phones or for all the new LG, Moto, Samsung, & others that are not WinMo or any other OS besides the on made by the manufacture.

The problem is if u pay for it from Verizon when u get a voice mail it will send a scrabbled SMS to your phone.

a fix for this problem is when u use the VVM after u are done switch the audio options to speaker, or in task mgr close the app when u are done the reason the sound goes away the program changes registry to switch between audio options and them it sets it to the ear speaker after are done.

so long story short dont forget to close VVM when u are done.

Guest askani53

To answer your second question, if you hit the picture on the unlock button it will simply unlock the phone. Hitting it in the center will send you to contacts and hitting on the right will send you to messages. If you lock the phone in landscape you see these options as separate buttons, but in protrait BG has hidden them with the word unlock next to the picture.

Here's the cpr that unhides the separate buttons in portrait. Just save it to /windows.

LS_SimplePinScene_240x400.zip

Edited by askani53

Guest paribr

For those having trouble playing video in full screen mode through Media Player/WMP. You must change the keyboard to the samsung keyboard. I do not know why but after seeing the issues with using the camera while the new keyboard was assigned I figured I would try switching back to the samsung keyboard and it works.

Guest ely_az
Ya its a problem with the VVM.cab, This is Verizon first release of there VVM and have since updated to other version, BUT its are only for Verizon Non-Smart Touch phones or for all the new LG, Moto, Samsung, & others that are not WinMo or any other OS besides the on made by the manufacture.

The problem is if u pay for it from Verizon when u get a voice mail it will send a scrabbled SMS to your phone.

a fix for this problem is when u use the VVM after u are done switch the audio options to speaker, or in task mgr close the app when u are done the reason the sound goes away the program changes registry to switch between audio options and them it sets it to the ear speaker after are done.

so long story short dont forget to close VVM when u are done.

Thanks. I had found that shutting it down instead of rebooting works as well but I didn't know about the speaker option. The SMS messages and long start up are pretty annoying so I will probably just leave it in speaker mode. Hopefully Verizon will release an updated version for WM6.5 soon.

Guest arirang
For those having trouble playing video in full screen mode through Media Player/WMP. You must change the keyboard to the samsung keyboard. I do not know why but after seeing the issues with using the camera while the new keyboard was assigned I figured I would try switching back to the samsung keyboard and it works.

+1

Guest DirtySanchez
Thanks. I had found that shutting it down instead of rebooting works as well but I didn't know about the speaker option. The SMS messages and long start up are pretty annoying so I will probably just leave it in speaker mode. Hopefully Verizon will release an updated version for WM6.5 soon.

NW it took me a sec of pulling my hair out with this out of date app figure it out, we can only hope that Verizon will have something updated with the new phones they are releasing this month. I have already tried to get Verizon to release the program for the other version but with little luck, so i hope that means that they have another program more update than release one. :)

Guest jlc0005

Well, I finally installed Neo 2.0 v3.2 and I must say... very nice work... kudos to the masters.

My first question is this... If I install the cab to change the Start menu to 3 columns (I know I've seen it around here somewhere), do I need to worry about messing up the rest of the cool Neo 2.0 settings, cpr files, or whatever?

Next question... I changed the theme. How do I get back to the stock theme?

Edited by jlc0005

Guest bluematrix64

Don't mean to be a noob, can someone give me a tutorial on how to change the default background pics. Everytime I try to do it, it comes up as read only and won't let me copy and paste or overwrite it.

Also, has anyone been able to get the radar screen for the weather working? I set it up like we did before neo and can't seem to get the radar to pop up and show me the screen.

Thanks!