Best place to buy unlocked TP2?

Guest barrybryce

Guest barrybryce

Hello

I'm out of contract with Orange, but they aren't offering the TP2 I want as an upgrade.

My options (bearing in mind my use of minutes) are:

Go onto £15m sim only with Orange (mild preference for staying with Orange as when I went back to them my parents did too, and they'll moan if I move again), buy the phone myself.

or

Go onto £40pm 18 month contract with Vodafone; so effectively paying £450 for the phone.

Expansys tells me I'd pay £470 for the phone.

Is there anywhere I can get it cheaper? Would a trip to Tottenham Court Road (cost £20) be likely to be worthwhile?

Edited by barrybryce

Guest crazyc
Hello

I'm out of contract with Orange, but they aren't offering the TP2 I want as an upgrade.

My options (bearing in mind my use of minutes) are:

Go onto £15m sim only with Orange (mild preference for staying with Orange as when I went back to them my parents did too, and they'll moan if I move again), buy the phone myself.

or

Go onto £40pm 18 month contract with Vodafone; so effectively paying £450 for the phone.

Expansys tells me I'd pay £470 for the phone.

Is there anywhere I can get it cheaper? Would a trip to Tottenham Court Road (cost £20) be likely to be worthwhile?

Could you wait for the Leo? More network options I believe. I require a keyboard and so went for the TP2 on Vodafone. Your options make the Orange option pretty expensive over the 18 months (£740 vs the Vodafone £450).

T-Mobile UK didn't offer it as an upgrade, so I got the CS person to add the 'discount' I could get on a phone to my account and then phoned Mobilephonesdirect who did the upgrade for me taking into account my 'discount', ended up paying £100 for the phone and I'm on the same tariff/mob no. etc with TMob.

Preferred this option to porting my number to a PAYG on another network then porting back again on a new contract.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest barrybryce

They should have got the money off me... I decided to go onto £15pm sim only and not buy the new phone.

I worry about myself. I decided to have a second holiday instead. I've never ever done that before; I always went for the brand spanking new wonderphone the month it came out.

I might be getting old or something. :)

You made the right decision. We should save every coin cause we are in recession! :(

I bought mine from Handtec for just over £430.00 this way i can put any simm i need in. I was swayed by the keyboard as i had the kaiser, then moved to the Diamond and then the Touch HD and found that the texting / email caused issues... but now i have got the new HTC 6.5 upgrade i hardly ever open the unit so i might look up the Leo and sell my 2 month out Touch Pro 2 :)

The texting and working makes a big differnce on 6.5 to 6.1

• 1 year later...

For Brazilians, I just bought mine in www.gsmtech.com; it's a online store. It does not have a physical place, building.

It comes within 2 days after payment check.