EVIDENCE/Mastergreeny V13

Guest Evidence_I

Welcome back Evidence! Are you going to update the naked rom? Also, is it possible to do the sense theme with transparent panels? I really like the theme but would like more color or add a new wallpaper that you can see on the home screen-just a thought. Good to see you back. Like most, it is almost time for an upgrade. i think you will have quite an impression on which phone people will buy, myself included. Keep us posted on which way you are leaning.

Guest JDawg183
Still Torn I wont be getting a new Phone until January So ill see whats around at that time!!!

First off, welcome back. Glad to hear you arent in the witness protection program ;). Second, it looks like the "Passion" is shaping up to be the Official Google Phone. HTC is making the hardware, but it will sell directly from Google and will not have any HTC branding on it. There have been some pretty positive things said about it so far. It is running Android 2.1. Alas, I think I might have to get that one when it comes out. Or wait for a few more months for the LTE roll out. They have started putting it out in some markets they just dont have any devices that can use it yet. That problem will probably be remedied at CES so this summer should be interesting. Also, it sounds like WM7 will not be released until the END of next year. I fear they may not be able to keep many peoples interest for that long with all the developments from the other OS'es roling out constantly.

Edited by JDawg183

Guest maxtcee
First off, welcome back. Glad to hear you arent in the witness protection program ;) . Second, it looks like the "Passion" is shaping up to be the Official Google Phone. HTC is making the hardware, but it will sell directly from Google and will not have any HTC branding on it. There have been some pretty positive things said about it so far. It is running Android 2.1. Alas, I think I might have to get that one when it comes out. Or wait for a few more months for the LTE roll out. They have started putting it out in some markets they just dont have any devices that can use it yet. That problem will probably be remedied at CES so this summer should be interesting. Also, it sounds like WM7 will not be released until the END of next year. I fear they may not be able to keep many peoples interest for that long with all the developments from the other OS'es roling out constantly.

passion is one ugly phone

Guest JDawg183
passion is one ugly phone

I agree the cosmetics are not the best, however it really looks like just poor color coordination to me. I like to put cases on my phone anyway to protect them so it would be ok as far as that goes. Plus it has the nice OLED screen and according to the tweets of the Googlers who have been given the phone, it has a high resolution. Combine that with Android 2.1 which includes interactive wallpapers and native speech to text in EVERY application to go along with everything else Android has to offer, it sounds pretty sexy to me.

post-508290-1260728420_thumb.jpg

Edited by JDawg183

I agree the cosmetics are not the best, however it really looks like just poor color coordination to me. I like to put cases on my phone anyway to protect them so it would be ok as far as that goes. Plus it has the nice OLED screen and according to the tweets of the Googlers who have been given the phone, it has a high resolution. Combine that with Android 2.1 which includes interactive wallpapers and native speech to text in EVERY application to go along with everything else Android has to offer, it sounds pretty sexy to me.

post-508290-1260728420_thumb.jpg

I believe the Google phone & The Passion insides maybe quite simular but the outside config is slightly diffrent on both phones.

The amoled screen on the Omnia2 & the HTC Passion make the Omnia i910 look like a

"Etch a sketch" ;) ;)

;) ;)

Guest JDawg183
I believe the Google phone & The Passion insides maybe quite simular but the outside config is slightly diffrent on both phones.

The amoled screen on the Omnia2 & the HTC Passion make the Omnia i910 look like a

"Etch a sketch" ;) ;)

;) ;)

That last comment is very true, however from what I understand, "Passion" is just the code name for the Google phone. Here is the first picture that has actually been acknowledged to be the Google phone. It was taken by a Google employee. http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/13/google-...ter-appearance/

Here is an earlier post, before they decided for sure the Google phone was going to come, and called this the HTC Passion. Of course, the CDMA part turned out to be incorrect, but everything else sounds about right. http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/07/htc-pas...dragon-in-veri/

Is it better to have touchflo cooked in or is it the same to install it through a cab? I was wondering because I would like to get v13 of titanium. I'm still using flotanium v2 and like it very much. Like having the best of both worlds.

Guest The Swype Team

We see you have re-packaged our software and are distributing it. We are glad to hear that you guys like Swype, but we are obligated to state that we don't condone such activity nor support the result. Naturally those of you asking for new languages and features should wait until we launch a device in your market. Obviously, we won't support unlicensed versions of our software.

One might ask why we don't just release the .cab file ourselves and save everyone the hassle. The reason is that we have spent seven years building Swype and we want to try to make a living selling our software. That means someone needs to pay for it. Thus far, our business model is OEM licensing. We do plan to get to direct-to-consumer distribution but it is a different sort of business and thus it is hard to say when.

In the meantime, enjoy using Swype and please look out for a better, more integrated, and legal version coming soon to a phone near you.

Regards,

The Swype Team

PS. Our lawyer has asked us to remind everyone about copyright infringement and to inform you that Swype reserves all of its rights.

Guest jtclark

They can have my Swype back when they pry it from my cold, dead index finger... unless it's somehow sending my fingerprint to them.

Edited by jtclark

Guest JDawg183
Doh!!!!

I am confused, they basically say "We dont condone it, but go for it, we just wont help you." Is that about what everyone else is getting? Wow, my head hurts. It did not look really like a take down request.

Guest syrguy1969
I am confused, they basically say "We dont condone it, but go for it, we just wont help you." Is that about what everyone else is getting? Wow, my head hurts. It did not look really like a take down request.

I think it is more that they are being realistic about it, the bell has been rung and you can't un-ring it. We are using it and the CAB has been distributed, so there is no way they can get it back from all the current SWYPE users, so they are basically aknowledging that and saying there will be a 'legal' version in the future, but until then the current version will have no support. Can't really blame them, at least they aren't being aggressive about pulling it (or are they???? Anyone else have problems getting onto the SWYPE thread today??? ;) ).

Hope that makes sense....it sounded so much better in my head before I typed it out LOL!!!

Swype is a great keyboard,with that said...

I believe that a corporation has to show a level of defense of there copyrighted product .If you let illegal acts go you loose the right to defend your product.

;) ;)

Guest br91655
I think it is more that they are being realistic about it, the bell has been rung and you can't un-ring it. We are using it and the CAB has been distributed, so there is no way they can get it back from all the current SWYPE users, so they are basically aknowledging that and saying there will be a 'legal' version in the future, but until then the current version will have no support. Can't really blame them, at least they aren't being aggressive about pulling it (or are they???? Anyone else have problems getting onto the SWYPE thread today??? ;) ).

Hope that makes sense....it sounded so much better in my head before I typed it out LOL!!!

Agreed, I understand their stance on swiping swpe but at this point it's like yelling fire after the house burnt down.

Guest tedkord

Well, I think they realize they can't remove it from those who have installed it. On the other hand, I think they've served notice to chef's who've cooked it in to their ROMs that it should not be in future releases. And maybe they should take down current releases that include it. The phrases "Swype reserves all of its rights" and "copyright infringement" mean liability exists, and they are holding onto the option of legal recourse for whenever they feel like exercising it.

Edited by tedkord