B7300 Omnia Lite applications for i900/i910

Guest sector

Guest Rauliki
Yes i will do a rom with them but not now now :P .

I am really busy lately but when i get some free time i will focus to make a nice one :D .

If I could make a little request - please make Tclock replace old clock. Tcalendar's working fine without hacking (only hanging name of the file), byt clock doeasn't.

Thanks in advance.

Guest joweedeame
You need to use an explorer like Total Commander (Free) or Resco File Explorer. The normal explorer can't overwrite system files.

Im Using Resco File Explorer though...

In Resco Explorer: Tap the file some seconds > Properties

Uncheck under attributes Read-only

Now you can rename / delete / overwrite / ...

Guest corwest

In Resco go to Menu/Options/Browser uncheck the " Hide systme files" and "ROM" files etc.... so all your files are shown and try again.

Try that and see what it does for you.

Edited by corwest

Guest joweedeame
Neither TC nor Resco does anything. After unchecking the attributes... nothing happens :D

same here...

and i was able to paste tcalendar as calendar on windows folder but still doesnt work on spb 3.5

I installed a few application on my Omnia i900, they work and are great but my Storage Memory space now is full. What can I do ? I select to install on My Storage but it seems o put some file also in My Device ? Help me please

Guest VTomi75

I think these will only work perfectly when a cooker integrates them into his new ROM. I like finger-friendliness and nice graphical style of these applications... it yould be good to see them in ROM in the future.

Meanwhile, I ordered my Nokia E52 as I badly need a decent telephone for my work and Omnia is more like a toy than a usable device now... sorry, but it's the truth. Anyway, I'll have more time to play with these settings... and one day our Omnia may become perfect :D

Guest tibor22
Hi all,

I`ve installed samsung online widgets but it seem that i have a problem with the "accuweather" as you can see on images.

post-422946-1256305331_thumb.pngpost-422946-1256305337_thumb.pngpost-422946-1256305342_thumb.png

is there a "simple" :D way to solve this?

i`ve installed on My Storage

thks

rendeiro2005,

you should have read this thread more carefully.

I've posted earlier that the AccuWeather widget that comes with Widget Plus does not work properly on the Omnia. But if you download the SAME AccuWeather widget (e.g. with the help of MoreWidget) and use the downloaded copy, disabling the original one in the Widget Manager, EVERYTHING WORKS WELL!

It's strange enough and I don't know the reason, but it's so. Just try it!

Guest jmsmartins

Hi guys!

great job Sector, as allways! tried the keyboard and works perfect, no bug so far :D

will post later if find any issue or if i test other apps

Guest le phasme
Hi guys, the album program doesn't seem to work properly when rotated. Has anyone else noticed?

Yes, same here, and that's why i uninstalled all the Omnia Lite applications.

Does the Omnia Lite can not have a landscape view, or it is a bug ?

these apps are nice, but need to be integrated into a new rom.

One of them crashed my omnia. I think it was the samsung keyboard.

Edited by mtsouk

Guest tibor22
Hi guys, the album program doesn't seem to work properly when rotated. Has anyone else noticed?

Don't you recognise that none of the Omnia Lite programs work well in landsape mode?!

Probably Omnia Lite is not designed for screen rotation. I don't know, I've never touched that device so far, but I guess so, because all the Omnia Lite programs made by Samsung refuse working in landscape orientation.

So, I think we should live with this limitation if we want to use the Lite apps...

Guest piroteca

Hi Sector, first of all.. my compliments for the great work and a very very big thank you!

I'm using data manager and audio note and i like them very much but i'd like to translate them in italian...

For Audio Note it's seems to be possible, in fact i can edit it with Resource Hacker, so i'm working on it.

Instead I have some problems when i try to open exe files of Data Manager, with this error "This file has a non-standard resource layout.. It has probably been compressed with an EXE compressor"... so can you please tell me whic program can i use for unpack? Or can you tell me a better program then Resource Hacker?

Thank you.

Edited by piroteca

Guest rtomakov
Hi Sector, first of all.. my compliments for the great work and a very very big thank you!

I'm using data manager and audio note and i like them very much but i'd like to translate them in italian...

For Audio Note it's seems to be possible, in fact i can edit it with Resource Hacker, so i'm working on it.

Instead I have some problems when i try to open exe files of Data Manager, with this error "This file has a non-standard resource layout.. It has probably been compressed with an EXE compressor"... so can you please tell me whic program can i use for unpack? Or can you tell me a better program then Resource Hacker?

Thank you.

You must decompress .exe with upx (upx.exe compressor) before editing.

Get yourself a upx (it should be somewhere in every kitchen), and use shell command upx -d name.exe.

After you decompress it, your resource editors will be able to read it.

Also, you must make a .mui for all 4 for .exe´s that makes data manager: phonesettings.exe, settings_a.exe, settings_bt.exe, settings_wifi.exe.

Here are english .mui files extracted from files above. Just translate them and name them to your langcode . mui. I´am not sure will these mui files be accepted without being signed, so you will probably need to sign them.

http://rapidshare.com/files/297695313/datamanager.0409.zip

Edited by rtomakov

Guest piroteca
You must decompress .exe with upx (upx.exe compressor) before editing.

Get yourself a upx (it should be somewhere in every kitchen), and use shell command upx -d name.exe.

After you decompress it, your resource editors will be able to read it.

Also, you must make a .mui for all 4 for .exe´s that makes data manager: phonesettings.exe, settings_a.exe, settings_bt.exe, settings_wifi.exe.

Thank you, i'll try it.

try this:

change tcalendar.exe to calendar.exe and then copy that file to \Windows

work with me

How did you do it ?

I can't overwrite calendar.exe ! tried with total commander and resco explorer :D

I'm also still having issues with Touchplayer..

Edited by OzzyW

Guest Tormios
You can`t do the same as for calendar.

The only way i know is do the same as i described on post #341 and for key 113 put \Windows\tclock.exe on Open Sting Value.

Edit: you can try as necosino said on post #348

Yes you can. Tested. After delete new one it restore original from ROM memory

Guest sonia333

@ Sector !! U r Literally Amazing !! I been using ur Rom 6.5 DXID1 Having Both M2D and Titanium !! Now i have installed SPB Shell 3.5 with IMARCHE omnia 4.5 skins Pack !!

End Result = Amazing OMNNIA

BUT .....

Windows Mobile calender , clock etc are disappointing n reminding us again n again dat we just hv done da plastic surgery of an Old person !!

I wish dat U make a rom with all these applications as Default !! I woulD Love 2 Insall it with Sector as Trade Mark Starting Screen !!

Can u plz Lemme know how to make calender and Clock of B7300 and Vito sms as Default applications !! I know u r busy person but can u tell me in steps !!

I will B Highly ThankFull !!

And One more question , Y da Landscape is not working ?? Does it not work in Original B7300 as well or there is some fault in porting it ??

Guest wolfpack64

Hey kool apps but i got a questions. I install the samsung keyboard and it seems to have replace my original or it appear that way. i see two samsung keyboard but no matter which one i pick its the one i installed. did it replace my original? if i uninstall this one will i get it back?