Windows 7 Sync fine with Bluetooth, no luck through cable

Guest Taqyon

My cable works fine if I set the i780 as a USB storage device, but as an ActiveSync device it appears as an unkown device in the device manager.

There are no downloads on Samsung's site for my device.

How can I get my Win7 to see my i780 using the cable??

Many thanks

My cable works fine if I set the i780 as a USB storage device, but as an ActiveSync device it appears as an unkown device in the device manager.

There are no downloads on Samsung's site for my device.

How can I get my Win7 to see my i780 using the cable??

Many thanks

I've been able to sync different WinMo devices with Windows 7 using the WMDC 6.1 update without any issue.

It's your device driver that is missing.

You can download the Vista package & still have it install on Windows 7.

That should solve your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hartcare

I can't sync my i780 with Win 7 ultimate 32bit or 64bit either. I have 2 desktops, one installed with Win 7 64bit & another with 32bit. Apparently, Samsung don't have drivers for Vista / Win 7 32/64 bit. Would help if anybody here have managed to sync their i780 wth Vista. Please show step by step what needs to be done & where to download the drivers. Unfortunately, both my machines don't support VM feature in Win 7 or else I could try the XP mode to sync.

One more thing, how on earth can the i780 sync via bluetooth but not the cable if the drivers are not there?

One more thing, how on earth can the i780 sync via bluetooth but not the cable if the drivers are not there?

Well it acts as a standard bluetooth device so you configure the port as you would normally. Check google there are a few step by step instructions.

I can't sync my i780 with Win 7 ultimate 32bit or 64bit either. I have 2 desktops, one installed with Win 7 64bit & another with 32bit. Apparently, Samsung don't have drivers for Vista / Win 7 32/64 bit. Would help if anybody here have managed to sync their i780 wth Vista. Please show step by step what needs to be done & where to download the drivers. Unfortunately, both my machines don't support VM feature in Win 7 or else I could try the XP mode to sync.

For the record, I have successfully synced my wife's Samsung SGH-i780 with her Windows 7 Ultimate (RC) laptop using the USB cable.

One of the issues users face while trying to sync with Windows 7 is that the WMDC is not installed by default.

Without the WMDC installed, the necessary device drivers are not loaded or available in the system's driver cache.

However, in all Windows 7 installation, there's a folder in the system folder called Windows Mobile & that's where the installation package is stored.

You can manually install WMDC from here or download a copy of the WMDC 6.1 update from MS' download website (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=46F72DF1-E46A-4A5F-A791-09F07AAA1914&displaylang=en).

What I did differently was that I downloaded the WMDC 6.1 update & installed it onto the Windows 7 laptop.

After that, I plugged in the SGH-i780 & the driver installation wizard starts automatically (tray icon) & WMDC starts up after the necessary drivers are installed for the device.

Hope this helps you guys who're facing the problem with syncing your SGH-i780 with Windows 7.

Konker

Hope this helps you guys who're facing the problem with syncing your SGH-i780 with Windows 7.

Konker

Still no luck with me, I have Windows Mobile Device Center installed already, which looks to be the same as your link, not sure, but it does not make a difference :D

Still no luck with me, I have Windows Mobile Device Center installed already, which looks to be the same as your link, not sure, but it does not make a difference :D

What firewall are you using? Standard Windows Firewall or other 3rd party firewall?

I suspect it could be a firewall configuration setting that is blocking your connections.

My wife's Windows 7 RC1 is running AVG 9.0 & PC Tools Firewall Plus 5.0.

What firewall are you using? Standard Windows Firewall or other 3rd party firewall?

I suspect it could be a firewall configuration setting that is blocking your connections.

My wife's Windows 7 RC1 is running AVG 9.0 & PC Tools Firewall Plus 5.0.

No firewalls, don't believe in it :D

Guest Hartcare

Well both my pc had WMDC 6.1 installed but still pc could not detect the correct driver. Could you see what Samsung MITS USB driver version is installed with the successful sync?

• 2 weeks later...
Well both my pc had WMDC 6.1 installed but still pc could not detect the correct driver. Could you see what Samsung MITS USB driver version is installed with the successful sync?

Ok, finally got down to taking a look at the driver.

It says "Samsung MITs USB Sync" in Device Manager under the Mobile devices branch.

post-151222-1257869869_thumb.png

Taking a closer look at the driver details, everything inside suggests that it's standard WMDC drivers.

In particular, the winusb.sys has the file version as 6.1.7100.0 (winmain_win7rc.090421-1700).

I did not install any Samsung drivers. All I did was downloaded the latest available WMDC update from MS website & it recognizes it immediately.

Konker

Edited by konker