[Windows 7] Wifi Adhoc Application

Guest rejzee

For those of us, who wanted to use the PC's Internet connection available to the Hero (either because you have only one flatrate for viewing webpages or have bad connection through mobile network, this one is for you! (if you dont have a hardware access point yet)

Because Adhoc isnt yet supported by Android, try the beta application of Connectify, which turns a windows 7 computer into a wireless access point.

http://www.connectify.me

for some weird reason, i am not able to open the webpage with normal explorer.. it tells me 503 - Service Temporarily not available (but it works on my hero with no problems.. so i am not able to test it out)

Feedback appreciated!

• 1 month later...
Guest Connectify Press
For those of us, who wanted to use the PC's Internet connection available to the Hero (either because you have only one flatrate for viewing webpages or have bad connection through mobile network, this one is for you! (if you dont have a hardware access point yet)

Because Adhoc isnt yet supported by Android, try the beta application of Connectify, which turns a windows 7 computer into a wireless access point.

http://www.connectify.me

for some weird reason, i am not able to open the webpage with normal explorer.. it tells me 503 - Service Temporarily not available (but it works on my hero with no problems.. so i am not able to test it out)

Feedback appreciated!

Not sure if you have had the opportunity to test out Connectify yet. If not, we have just released our first production ready release of Connectify 1.0. We have added a few new features and have made some updates to support more wireless cards and for those not supported Connectify 1.0 will act as an Ad Hoc connection manager without any configuration.

If you have any questions make sure you contact us at [email protected]

Guest maddiez

modifying wpa-supplicant.conf and tiwlan.ini doesn't seem to work perfectly for me..

sometimes it prevents me turning the wifi off, or having problems connecting to access points.

im using modaco 3.0 on hero

I tried connectify with my HTC Tattoo. My tattoo and my Latop can be connected, get ping replies, but I could not access internet. May be some firewall setting might be required. I have tried many things but couldnot success.

Anybody have experience it kindly share.

if you're using windows 7, try the one i attached instead.

I think Virtual Router is for who have Wi-fi connection on their PC or laptop and want to extend its capability to their android phone. My case is, I have wired Internet but no wi-fi. My laptop is already connected by wired Internet and I want to share it on my Tattoo. Theoretically Connectify is what I am looking for. I can connect between my Laptop and Tattoo with this connectify but could not share Internet connection of my Laptop. That is the problem.

Guest maddiez

so you mean you want to share the internet connection via USB?

i tried to google about it, but i can't find a solution that works for sure..

EDIT: btw, if you mean you have wired internet connection, and you have a wifi adapter in your laptop, i think the virtual router will work too, since it will simply create a SoftAP that shares the internet connection (wired, wireless).

Edited by maddiez

EDIT: btw, if you mean you have wired internet connection, and you have a wifi adapter in your laptop, i think the virtual router will work too, since it will simply create a SoftAP that shares the internet connection (wired, wireless).

Still not able to access internet. I have tried both Connectify & Virtual Router, laptop & my phone can be connected without problem but could not access internet in both cases. May be some wrong setting on my Windows 7 or may be because Tattoo have some problem (My phone is not Hero, it is Tattoo, sorry for joining here.. but interest point is similar)

• 2 weeks later...

I found my own error! It is working now. The problem was because of multiple IP setting on my laptop B) . After cleaning the extra IPs now sharing wired internet through Wifi is working.

Thx everybody :)

• 8 months later...
Guest tom398
I found my own error! It is working now. The problem was because of multiple IP setting on my laptop ;) . After cleaning the extra IPs now sharing wired internet through Wifi is working.

Thx everybody :)

Hello I m new here, i have the same probloblem like you. i can connect through connectify and virtual router. but at my motorola milestone xt720, my browser cant connect through internet. how to clean extra ip?