(21/1) 6.5 and 6.1 ROM RANKING - With LINKS!!

Guest jmsmartins

Guest sudkcoce

Dheewatara's PDhee_i900Omnia_21889.5.0.87_Lite_beta1

All I can say about this 6.5 ROM is WOOW!! Just when I lost hope in winmo 6.5, along comes master dhee with a faster and more stable rom than any 6.1 imho.

I have used/tried about 5 different ROMs (ryrzy, qbus, normal samsung...)

STABILITY: 10

SPEED: 10

RESPONSIVENESS: 10

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 9

COOKED APPS: Lite Rom - but just the right apps :)

DESIGN: Lite Rom (note: normal start / ok / close buttons - like win 6.1)

ISSUES (major/minor): NONE!

This rom is highly recommended!!

Edited by sudkcoce

Guest Columby

If posting SKTools benchmark results please be aware that the results are much better if the device is connected to PC. I experienced this myself and than found out reports of the same on various other (non Samsung) devices as well.

Guest jmsmartins

Hi Guys!

i'm updating the topic in this very moment (FINALLY!!!)

i have to thank to X-pro and others like that made positive comments to this topic!THANK U ALL GUYS

abig THANK-U also to everyone who didn't gave up on posting despite my absence here :)

About the speed issue, wich u suggested to have a more reliable score, i have to say that i agree with u guys. so, if u post the speeds i'll make a post with "speeds".

About that think "some guys rate everything with 10 bla bla" i totally agree! i don't know why that people keep trying roms because if it's 10 for everything they found the perfect rom (no ofense people!):) on the other hand, those rates are as helpfull as the others because there are also guys who score 1 because the rom crashes. i think that if the same roms gets many comments the final score will be somewhere next to "fair" (unfortunatelly most roms have only 1 or 2...).

This is not the perfect topic guys, and i will put an end to it when u tell me it's not worth :)

finally, thanks to all suggestions u've made and sorry for this late update...

KEEP POSTING AND SUGGESTING PLEASE if you think this topic is helpfull.

see u soon!

Guest cruddasj

Havnt cooked for a while (been revising) but hoping for the top spot :) Thinking that PheeDee might knock me off though!!! Late next week may be seeing some ROM releases, going to try match/better him :) Its on!

Guest jmsmartins

guys

i'm having some problems updating the topic, so u will have to wait until tomorrow, i have lots of stuff to do

thanks for your understanding

laters

Your right about everyone giving 10/10 but to be truthfull most of the roms are compared to what we have been usuing previously and lets be honest, everyone is biased to their "prefered" chef.

Its a good topic but theres no way of really telling which rom is best as its really based on personal preference. Maybe posting the benchmarks would be better??? its a tough one to call. Up to you my good friend!! :)

Cheers!

To answer your question

why make new builds and new rom's ??

Because these roms are still beta, they are not official releases

I know but if the rom was 10 in all cat then you didn't have to flash a new rom :) There has been nothing new in the rom's for a while so the only thing you get out of flashing a new rom is correction of errors and speed inhancement. So when you give a rom 10 it must have no things that can be improved. Ps offcourse I know this is beta but the tread suggest that we rate the beta's :)

ock 21889 lite

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...cks-wm6-5-roms/

STABILITY : 8

SPEED : 306 "average over 3 runs with sktools benchmark (integer)"

RESPONSIVENESS : 9

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY : 9

COOKED APPS : 1 " lite version"

DESIGN : 7 " Not made finger friendly in pop up, had to use sk-tools"

ISSUES (major/minor) : Found none, had to hard reset but that is not an error just something you always should do after flash

Battery : Good "used wifi, bluetooth alot for 2 days still 40 %"

Installed : 18/1 2010

Initiative : Used a new grafic for sms http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=614131

Start button in top.

Very good rom, impressive speed, runs fine with spd.

Haven't tested for long but if I find something I will update this post

Edited by X-pro

Havnt cooked for a while (been revising) but hoping for the top spot :) Thinking that PheeDee might knock me off though!!! Late next week may be seeing some ROM releases, going to try match/better him :) Its on!

Don't forget roms from Nick, Ryrzy, Mr Hammer, Anzo, Stev, Steff and all the rom cookers on this list (I'm on the list too :) ).

The fact that the list is growing can only mean good news for Omnia owners - more variety, more choices for all :) .

Guest ...angel...

How about having a small competition here... each of the chefs who wants to participate will cook a specific build... then we'll have a poll for voting :) votes won't be counted unless they give a short review or maybe their reason for choosing that ROM after voting on the poll :)... maybe we can keep the name of the chef as a secret until the winner is announced... this can reduce bias when voting :) ROMs can be named as entry1,entry2,.... :)

sorry for spamming here :)

Edited by ...angel...

Guest jmsmartins
How about having a small competition here... each of the chefs who wants to participate will cook a specific build... then we'll have a poll for voting :) votes won't be counted unless they give a short review or maybe their reason for choosing that ROM after voting on the poll :) ... maybe we can keep the name of the chef as a secret until the winner is announced... this can reduce bias when voting :) ROMs can be named as entry1,entry2,.... :D

sorry for spamming here :)

Hi angel,

I don't see this as a competition.The purpose of this thread is to give users an idea of the roms available and comments of other users who try the roms to make their choice easier when they want to flash a new rom. i think all chefs here help each other and all of them contribute to make this great community alive. on the other hand, a "small competition" could improve the effort of the chefs to produce the "perfect rom" :) it might be a nice idea but i think it would be better to start a new thread for competitions. feel free to ask for any help

see u around

Guest jmsmartins

hey cruddasj!

looks like u didn't get the first place but u are in a very nice 5th :) keep them comming! that ranking is just "info", it's far from perfect...

Guest jmsmartins

long time, no reviews from me guys, so here they are...

Nicklas 23620 lite

speed 9+ it's really fast, it might be one of the fastest 6.5.3 around here

stability 10

responsivness 10

cooked apps 8 (miss some lite apps)

desing 9

free ram 9

it's a very very good rom for the ones who like lite roms. about the scrolling, i just installed ftouchsl and it became perfect. great job!

ock 21899

speed 10

stability 10

responsivness 10

cooked apps 8 (lite apps not set as default...)

design 9

free ram 9

it's the old UI, more fastand stable but not as finger friendly as the new UI. i like the new sms "design", fonts are too small but this is just a setting. it might be the perfect rom for lite roms old UI lovers

@Sb.

hope u don't mind of that link to your topic in post #2. it makes my job so much easier :)

Of course I was going to say the same thing! :) Let me know if anything needs updating!

Cheers :)

Guest sudkcoce
How about having a small competition here... each of the chefs who wants to participate will cook a specific build... then we'll have a poll for voting :) votes won't be counted unless they give a short review or maybe their reason for choosing that ROM after voting on the poll :D... maybe we can keep the name of the chef as a secret until the winner is announced... this can reduce bias when voting B) ROMs can be named as entry1,entry2,.... ;)

I would be happy if each of the chefs would assign one of their roms a "chef's choice".

That would help many people when choosing which to pick and also tell us which the chef is using B)

Guest jms2367

Tried 2 COM2 roms

Nick's 21888 normal rom.

RESPONSIVENESS: 9

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 7 (free program varies from 53 to as low as 43Mb and that's with the dialer skin turned off).

COOKED APPS: 8

DESIGN: 10

ISSUES (major/minor): None!

Dhee's 21889 lite rom

RESPONSIVENESS: 10 (very good responsiveness in almost all areas)

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 8 (more stable free program memory. Low of 44Mb w/ the dialer skin turned on).

COOKED APPS: 9 (i am able to use most of the cooked apps).

ISSUES (major/minor): None!

Guest adomolis

I have to vote for : Ock 21889 Lite great rom. Its awesome as it is simple. As for myself, I hate those m2d, manillas,

honeycomb outlines, and etc. stuff to be preinstalled. I like to put what I love most after installation of the rom.

STABILITY - 8 (pretty much stabile, tho needs some soft-reseting in a while (its windows afterall heh?))

SPEED - 8 (great speed, no lags - its lite after all)

RESPONSIVENESS - 7 (could've been better)

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY - 9 (great!)

COOKED APPS - 9 (only the most necesarry stuff)

DESIGN - 9 (this is what I call GOOD design, not some bunch of unnecesarry bullshit, tho needs some ploshment in icon/scrollbar segment)

ISSUES (major/minor) - 7. scrollbars look choppy, large icons look nice but some need changing in lack of resolution. Most problems ar minor and just need polishing. Mostly software incompatibility issues, has nothing to do with cooked rom.

Guest thescope

OCK 23518 M2D

STABILITY 10 *have not had any freezing issues

SPEED 10 *Menus can be a bit sluggish but can be expected with M2D the rest is smooth

RESPONSIVENESS 9

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY 10 *M2D with over 56MB free RAM = wow

COOKED APPS 10

DESIGN 10 *Simple, clean and nice start menu Icons!

ISSUES (major/minor) none

Edited by thescope

Guest mbalazs81

PDhee i900Omnia WM 6.5.x ROM Base DXIF1 | Build 23620.5.3 (LG Electronics)

STABILITY: 10+

SPEED: 10+

RESPONSIVENESS: 10+

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 10+

COOKED APPS: 10

Guest virgoman
PDhee i900Omnia WM 6.5.x ROM Base DXIF1 | Build 23620.5.3 (LG Electronics)

STABILITY: 10+

SPEED: 10+

RESPONSIVENESS: 10+

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 10+

COOKED APPS: 10

+1

Guest jmsmartins

hi guys!

thanks for your ratings, i will update ranking asap.

i don't know about u but i think that the chefs here are making very simillar roms, and i think they don't change the roms very much, most of times only the WM build changes. don't get me wrong, i love the roms here(!), but i think it would be better if chefs work on improving their roms (for ex change all the low res icons we see in some roms, set omnialite apps except the phone skin as default, and other things that could turn their roms more "personal") instead of just changing the rom build. i don't know if any chef reads this topic but if you guys agree with me please spread the "word" :)

i would like also to thank to all chefs here for their hard work in keeping our omnias alive

cya