26/Jan 2.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Sprint CDMA Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest black01gt
Hey Paul, is this ROM able to run Wifi Tether app? i wanted to see if i can install but i don't want to risk it..... Thanks.. Oh BTW great ROM..

And Sorry if its a stupid question, kinda new to these whole thing and your Forums .

Yes WiFi Tether works Great. Using it right now.

Guest xweaponx

Superb...

Clean. Fast. Stable.

Everything works as it should.

No FC errors. I was running Fresh 1.1 (a fantastic rom) and noticed that the birthday dates and pics would often mix up through Facebook upload refreshing. Now everything remains the same through every Facebook refresh.

I also noticed this:

I use Cachemate and was using 42mb out of 159mb (with Fresh 1.1). Now I am only using 24mb with 135mb free!

And yes, Wifi Tethering works (I am using 1.71 pre-beta)

Edited by xweaponx

Does this ROM support APP2SD?? Just wondering if I can flash since im already set up using App2SD.

And is there a way to remove the Sprint bloatware?

Guest IcOpRo
Running APPS2SD with no problems what so ever.

Thanks for your reply on the Wifi Tether question, can i ask you where can i get the app so i can install it .. And regarding APPS2SD do i need to install this? or is it already built in the ROM?

Guest black01gt
Thanks for your reply on the Wifi Tether question, can i ask you where can i get the app so i can install it .. And regarding APPS2SD do i need to install this? or is it already built in the ROM?

You can get Wifi tether from Herem Im using 1.70 Pre1 with zero issues.

APPS2SD all you have to do is format and partition your sdcard and you should be good to go.

Guest grifforama

Hi,

New here. I just flashed the stock RUU, and am trying to flash this ROM.

I'm getting E: Corrupt file:system/mediabootscreen/sprint.gif

Any ideas ?

Guest TyrNight
Hi,

New here. I just flashed the stock RUU, and am trying to flash this ROM.

I'm getting E: Corrupt file:system/mediabootscreen/sprint.gif

Any ideas ?

after the RUU, did you RE-Root the phone? and reinstall the Aman RA Recover?

Guest TyrNight

so far the FASTEST 1.5 based rom I have ever used..

Not a single FC reported so far.. and I am enjoying this very much.

I would still want 2.1 of course.. but in the meantime, with all usable hardware.. this kicks ass.

Guest rivers24

Help! I don't know how this could have happened, but after I clicked on the "update.zip" my phone just sits in the htc logo. I know it's suppose to for a little while, but I left it like that ALL NIGHT! It won't go away, I've tried to nandroid restore, but it says something is wrong with my backup.img! Oyoyoy. Someone please help.

Also, I moved one of the recovery logs to sd. Here's what it looks like --

Starting recovery on Sat Jan 9 20:43:19 2010

can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory

framebuffer: fd 3 (320 x 480)

Build : RA-heroc-v1.5.2

I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"

Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=0

ro.allow.mock.location=0

ro.debuggable=0

persist.service.adb.enable=1

ro.ril.ecc.HTC-WWE=999

ro.build.id=CUPCAKE

ro.build.display.id=CUPCAKE.eng.u70000.20090827.103405

ro.build.version.incremental=eng.u70000.20090827.103405

ro.build.version.sdk=3

ro.build.version.release=1.5

ro.build.date=Thu Aug 27 10:35:04 CST 2009

ro.build.date.utc=1251340504

ro.build.type=user

ro.build.user=u70000

ro.build.host=Android-X02

ro.build.tags=test-keys

ro.product.model=HERO200

ro.product.brand=sprint

ro.product.name=htc_heroc

ro.product.device=heroc

ro.product.board=heroc

ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

ro.product.locale.language=

ro.product.locale.region=

ro.board.platform=msm7k

ro.build.product=heroc

ro.build.description=1.29.651.1 CL69164 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=sprint/htc_heroc/heroc/heroc:1.5/1.29.651.1/69164:user/release-keys

ro.build.changelist=69164

ro.product.version=1.29.651.1

ro.build.modelid=HERO2****

ro.product.ua=

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so

ro.ril.hep=1

wifi.interface=tiwlan0

ro.ril.htcmaskw1.bitmask=4294967295

ro.ril.htcmaskw1=14449

ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=45

ro.sf.lcd_density=160

ro.com.google.locationfeatures=1

persist.service.mount.playsnd=0

settings.display.autobacklight=1

settings.display.brightness=102

ro.ril.def.agps.mode=2

ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html

ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html

ro.com.google.networklocation=1

ro.config.ringtone=Innovation.mp3

ro.config.notification_sound=Color.mp3

ro.config.alarm_sound=Light.mp3

ro.config.cal_notification=Vector.mp3

ro.config.msg_notification=Ascend.mp3

ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-htc

ro.config.sync=yes

net.bt.name=Android

net.change=net.bt.name

dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

ro.modversion=RA-heroc-v1.5.2

ro.factorytest=0

ro.serialno=HT9C1HF06896

ro.bootmode=recovery

ro.baseband=1.04.01.09.21

ro.carrier=COMMON

ro.bootloader=1.41.0000

ro.hardware=heroc

ro.revision=2

ro.cid=SPCS_001

init.svc.recovery=running

init.svc.adbd=running

adb.connected=

I:Set boot command ""

Fix package uid mismatches

Press HOME to confirm,

any other key to abort.

Fixing package uid mismatches : ./sbin/fix_permissions 2.03 started at 01-09-2010 20:43:37

cat: can't open '/data/system/packages.xml': No such file or directory

.cat: can't open '/data/system/packages.xml': No such file or directory

/sbin/fix_permissions 2.03 ended at 01-09-2010 20:43:38 (Runtime:0m1s)

Uid mismatches fixed!

Move recovery.log to SD

Press HOME to confirm,

any other key to abort.

Moving : .

Edited by rivers24

Guest grifforama
after the RUU, did you RE-Root the phone? and reinstall the Aman RA Recover?

Sorry, all sorted now.

Flashed 1.1 then up to 2.0

Seriously, this ROM is QUICK !!!

Way quicker than Fresh, and I was getting tons of problems with Fresh....

Very pleased with paying the subs for this.

Guest Nodnarb

Just flashed the ROM earlier today, everything is working well and I'm very happy with it, however some apps are not showing up in the market for me. Now, this isn't the problem that Sprint users had before after the maintenance release was applied. I can see at least one of the apps I've purchased that is a protected app, I am able to download that. However, I am trying to get things like Barcode Scanner and Shop Savvy and neither of them are showing up in any searches. Those are the only ones I know for sure that I tried and that didn't show up, and I don't even think they are protected apps.

Anyway, not sure what is going on at all, I do have a backup of my previous apps but I feel uneasy that there is a possibility that I am not seeing some apps that are available on the market.

Thanks for all the work, can't wait for the kitchen!

Just flashed the ROM earlier today, everything is working well and I'm very happy with it, however some apps are not showing up in the market for me. Now, this isn't the problem that Sprint users had before after the maintenance release was applied. I can see at least one of the apps I've purchased that is a protected app, I am able to download that. However, I am trying to get things like Barcode Scanner and Shop Savvy and neither of them are showing up in any searches. Those are the only ones I know for sure that I tried and that didn't show up, and I don't even think they are protected apps.

Anyway, not sure what is going on at all, I do have a backup of my previous apps but I feel uneasy that there is a possibility that I am not seeing some apps that are available on the market.

Thanks for all the work, can't wait for the kitchen!

This is not an issue with this ROM. You have used a ROM with a signature that Google 'didn't like' and it's cached in their servers. Blame the authors of those ROMs for not making it clear to you that your market will be hosed with any ROM after you flash them and use the market. To fix it you will need to flash a ROM that uses a different version of the market, and has a good signature.

Fix it by flashing an AOSP 1.6 build, grabbing the proprietary Google apps from a 1.6 Dream ROM and signing into the market. Wipe data and reapply this ROM and all your apps will be back in the market. If this is something you're unable to do yourself, drop me a PM and I can assist. I feel uncomfortable about posting Google's proprietary applications on a public forum, or I would just post links to something I've already built that will fix this. If the admin wishes, I'd be happy to forward them to him and he can decide how to handle the public posting of them.

@Paul -

I would like to see a script built into the boot image that overwrites any changes to the build.prop so that others can't take your work and try to pass it off as their own. Or possibly a shell command that gives a fortune style message whenever the shell is started. I'm sure you know exactly what I mean, and it would keep the donations going where they should go. I have used your hard work and built off of it myself, but have plainly stated that it was built on top of your great work and I refuse any donation for it. I'll probably use your new work to build a more customized ROM when you're done, and will do the same thing. I would have no problems if my build.prop said [bUILT ON MCR 2.0] <my rom name>, REBOOT REQUIRED, or every instance of the shell said MCR 2.0$ when it started, and feel it would even enhance the users faith in the quality of the ROM itself :)

Sorry for the long winded first post. I meant well B)

Doh -

After all that I forgot to add - this ROM is as stable as your first and is blazing fast. I cant wait to see the results of further optimization, and the inclusion of all the HTC and Sprint applications is a big plus for many.

Edited by gbhil

Guest grifforama

Just wondering if there is any way to remove the stock lock screen ? Is this going to be a feature of the kitchen ?

I am so so impressed with this ROM, but would like the ability to remove the stock lock screen and replace it with some of the lockscreens I've seen flying around.

Failing that, can anyone tell me how I go about doing it myself ? i.e what files I need to put where ?

Guest tmidle8575

I flashed this ROM earlier and put all of my settings in place. It runs great except for the notification sounds. No matter what I set it for in the settings, it does not change the sound that it makes when I get a text. Any suggestions?

If it makes a difference, the notification sound that keeps playing regardless of what I set is the ascend notification.

Edited by tmidle8575

Guest rivers24

Ya, it is cdma. and yes, I did try to wipe and reinstall. I was trying a work around late at night and found a link to install an spl so I could work around the limitations on the newer hero's (can't use many fastboot functions). After I installed it, blam. Phone dead. Bricked. Going to Sprint tomorrow. Oivay.

Guest Nodnarb
This is not an issue with this ROM. You have used a ROM with a signature that Google 'didn't like' and it's cached in their servers. Blame the authors of those ROMs for not making it clear to you that your market will be hosed with any ROM after you flash them and use the market. To fix it you will need to flash a ROM that uses a different version of the market, and has a good signature.

Fix it by flashing an AOSP 1.6 build, grabbing the proprietary Google apps from a 1.6 Dream ROM and signing into the market. Wipe data and reapply this ROM and all your apps will be back in the market. If this is something you're unable to do yourself, drop me a PM and I can assist. I feel uncomfortable about posting Google's proprietary applications on a public forum, or I would just post links to something I've already built that will fix this. If the admin wishes, I'd be happy to forward them to him and he can decide how to handle the public posting of them.

Thanks for the advice. I guess I never noticed it since I usually just upgrade over my current ROM (thus not having to re-download any apps), not wipe before applying it like I did with this one.

It just seems weird that the apps that are not visible are non-protected apps (I think, Shop Savvy and Barcode scanner).

Anyway I will give what you suggested a shot, I don't have experience extracting apks from ROMs but hey, wouldn't hurt to learn new things.

While I don't think this would work I figure I'll ask anyway, can the Market app from a 1.6 ROM run on 1.5?

If you do get a response from the/an admin, I would be happy to accept your PM :) (assuming their response was yes).

Thanks for the advice. I guess I never noticed it since I usually just upgrade over my current ROM (thus not having to re-download any apps), not wipe before applying it like I did with this one.

It just seems weird that the apps that are not visible are non-protected apps (I think, Shop Savvy and Barcode scanner).

Anyway I will give what you suggested a shot, I don't have experience extracting apks from ROMs but hey, wouldn't hurt to learn new things.

While I don't think this would work I figure I'll ask anyway, can the Market app from a 1.6 ROM run on 1.5?

If you do get a response from the/an admin, I would be happy to accept your PM B) (assuming their response was yes).

I agree. I'm not 100% sure what Google is doing server side, but once your account is "flagged" with the login from certain ROMS it won't work correctly from any device.

An .apk is just a compressed file. 7 zip opens them just fine in Windows, File Roller or gzip works fine on *nix. Open the ROM and look in /system/app/for the system apk's.

Nope. 1.5 won't run most apps built for 1.6+. Some install, some even open, but most either wont install or FC when run.

I'll PM you more info about files to fix it. What I meant was I didn't want to post them out in the open. IMO you have a "Google experience" phone so you've paid for the privilege/right to use proprietary Google apps. Check your PM's :)