Flashing my Omnia for the first time

Guest shantul

Guest shantul

Hello Friends,

I own a Samsung Omnia i900 from Vodafone UK. I am a bit bored with the phone and want to flash it with one of the fabuluos WM 6.5 ROMs around here.

The current ROM on it is i900XXHJ6/ACHJ2 which was, I believe, Samsung's last update for Vodafone. Can anyone tell me if there are any precautions I need to take before flashing the phone? I have read sector's tutorial on flashing the phone and will try and follow it to the letter, but if there are any words of wisdom from you guys that can help me to flash it safely I'd really appreciate it.

Hope you can help this noobie. :D

Guest foxmylife

I'd say:

- Don't touch the cable and use a laptop

- Turn off all the useless softwares (like messenger, firewall, anti-virus, etc). Turn off the internet too.

- Read a book while waiting :D

Just don't stop the process.

You might get the message "PDA devide not found". It is a problem in the configuration of Windows Sync but I don't remeber where it is (search the solution in Modaco).

Good luck!

Guest cruddasj
Hello Friends,

I own a Samsung Omnia i900 from Vodafone UK. I am a bit bored with the phone and want to flash it with one of the fabuluos WM 6.5 ROMs around here.

The current ROM on it is i900XXHJ6/ACHJ2 which was, I believe, Samsung's last update for Vodafone. Can anyone tell me if there are any precautions I need to take before flashing the phone? I have read sector's tutorial on flashing the phone and will try and follow it to the letter, but if there are any words of wisdom from you guys that can help me to flash it safely I'd really appreciate it.

Hope you can help this noobie. :D

Hello. I was a little scared when i first flashed to my first ROM too, and now less than 2 weeks later im building them! ;)

I made a walkthrough video of how to flash a ROM in windows xp.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Id reccomend dheerewatar's 23614 ROM which can be found on this forum. Im using it at the moment and its stable and reliable :D Its got the brand new 6.5.3 GUI aswell :D

Enjoy :(

the only thing id recommend is listening to cruddasj . i didnt listen to anyone else. just looked at his videos .followed it . and everything went smoothly .....

Guest shantul

Thanks for the replies. Will watch cruddasj's videos before touching my phone :D . Are there any software on the phone I should turn off before flashing? I have things like SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 installed.

Guest cruddasj
Thanks for the replies. Will watch cruddasj's videos before touching my phone :( . Are there any software on the phone I should turn off before flashing? I have things like SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 installed.

Id reccomend hard resetting your device before flashing. I always have done and have not encountered any problems. Have flashed about 14 times this week lol. Good luck :D