Software that can backup/restore all settings of any apps !

Guest Keramidas

Guest huuub

I would like to have multiple backup locations.

I use FROYO and the 2.1 by rom manager.

But applications are not all compatible.

But I have only one location for the titanium backups!

So having the possibility to switch between backup locations would be great!!!

Guest Keramidas
I would like to have multiple backup locations.

I use FROYO and the 2.1 by rom manager.

But applications are not all compatible.

But I have only one location for the titanium backups!

So having the possibility to switch between backup locations would be great!!!

Hi,

Yes, I agree with you. I will add this (or a very similar feature) as soon as I can. This is noted, no worries...

Thanks again ;)

Edited by Keramidas

Guest huuub

Also as I guess you have time to spare :

Make an identical application as dropbox, but with 2 extras : using your own FTP server as location storage and the possibility to sync the mobile 1. when connected to WIFI or 2. On demand ;-).

Guest Keramidas
Also as I guess you have time to spare :

Make an identical application as dropbox, but with 2 extras : using your own FTP server as location storage and the possibility to sync the mobile 1. when connected to WIFI or 2. On demand ;-).

Oh yes I'll do it in the 2nd half of this month, between 31th and 60th June ;)

Seriously, such an app would be totally great and useful for me too, but... way too many things to do, unfortunately. Sorry...

Guest flipper203

Helo, I have an issue on my N1 and with modaco rom, when I restore everything, the widgets are in error on my homes....I have to delete and re add them.....can you fix that or I am doing something wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest J.L.C.

I'm having some problems with version 3.2.8.

There are a bunch of apps that it can't/won't restore, like RockPlayer which is installed from my sdcard and not the market. Does Titanium Backup only back up apps that were installed through the market?

Guest Keramidas
I'm having some problems with version 3.2.8.

There are a bunch of apps that it can't/won't restore, like RockPlayer which is installed from my sdcard and not the market. Does Titanium Backup only back up apps that were installed through the market?

Hi,

Well no, it shall backup and restore properly, even apps that were installed by opening an apk file on the SD card.

Or did you install those apps by manually copying the apk files to your /data/app folder ? That would be more of a problem, because when doing it that way, the apk file name (in /data/app) is not necessarily correct.

Guest J.L.C.
Hi,

Well no, it shall backup and restore properly, even apps that were installed by opening an apk file on the SD card.

Or did you install those apps by manually copying the apk files to your /data/app folder ? That would be more of a problem, because when doing it that way, the apk file name (in /data/app) is not necessarily correct.

They were all installed using the application manager after copying the apk file to the sd card. Some of them work, others do not. After installing a new rom, I see RockPlayer in the list of missing apps in Titanium, but when I choose to install app+data, it very quickly says "Titanium Restore Complete" - except the app does not install.

Edit: After some more reading I see that the problem is that a lot of my backups are just check marks (data only) and not yellow smiley faces (app + data). I'll try to figure out why that it.

Edited by J.L.C.

Guest Keramidas
They were all installed using the application manager after copying the apk file to the sd card. Some of them work, others do not. After installing a new rom, I see RockPlayer in the list of missing apps in Titanium, but when I choose to install app+data, it very quickly says "Titanium Restore Complete" - except the app does not install.

Edit: After some more reading I see that the problem is that a lot of my backups are just check marks (data only) and not yellow smiley faces (app + data). I'll try to figure out why that it.

Yes, please let me know if you find any non-system apps that are installed but don't get backed up by Titanium (ie: when you get the blue checkbox for them).

If you can locate the apk for these apps (in /data/app) I would be interested in knowing its name. The problem is probably that Titanium can't locate some of your apk's for some strange reason.

Please e-mail me if you find more info, thanks!

Edited by Keramidas

Guest zenkinz

can i check two things

1. when restoring the apps, will the installed apps be shown in the market's downloaded list as well? Because, I find some app restore program, it doesn't, and it means any update released by the app author will not be pushed automatically to the device via market

2. when backing the apps, will the apps setting be saved as well? e.g. if I've configured launchpro with all the screens, etc, will restore of the launcherpro app restore those customisation as well?

Guest Keramidas
can i check two things

1. when restoring the apps, will the installed apps be shown in the market's downloaded list as well? Because, I find some app restore program, it doesn't, and it means any update released by the app author will not be pushed automatically to the device via market

2. when backing the apps, will the apps setting be saved as well? e.g. if I've configured launchpro with all the screens, etc, will restore of the launcherpro app restore those customisation as well?

Hi,

It's 1. Yes and 2. Yes :)

For more information you can check out the FAQ and features list: http://matrixrewriter.com/android/

Guest J.L.C.

Fixed in 3.2.9.1

Everything working perfectly now!!

Awesome software!

Guest zenkinz

Hi,

I just paid for the license.

When running the app, it recognise the license. However, it can only idenitfy one app (that's LauncherPro) and therefore I can only backup the settings and codes of LauncherPro, and not other apps I have installed. Did I miss anything?

I read that SQLite is necessary to backup setting, is that the cause?

edit: nevermind, I click on the 'problem?' button which reinstalls busybox apparently and it solves the problem. now I got so many things to backup, I need to learn which is relevant for me :)

Edited by zenkinz

Guest zenkinz
Hi,

I just paid for the license.

When running the app, it recognise the license. However, it can only idenitfy one app (that's LauncherPro) and therefore I can only backup the settings and codes of LauncherPro, and not other apps I have installed. Did I miss anything?

I read that SQLite is necessary to backup setting, is that the cause?

edit: nevermind, I click on the 'problem?' button which reinstalls busybox apparently and it solves the problem. now I got so many things to backup, I need to learn which is relevant for me :)

Ok, now that I can back up my apps and settings, I notice it does not back up the market link, as the icons show a smiley face s without the letter m. It happens after I rerun the backu, initially I don't have this problem.

Guest Upquark
You're welcome !

I will also look and see where contact pictures and account settings (at least those that TB seemingly cannot backup) are located. Will continue to do my best :)

Don't want to rush you, but I'm just being curious: any ideas yet? :D

Guest Keramidas
Ok, now that I can back up my apps and settings, I notice it does not back up the market link, as the icons show a smiley face s without the letter m. It happens after I rerun the backu, initially I don't have this problem.

Hi,

Does it say "SQLite YES" in the startup screen ?

Thanks

Guest Keramidas
Don't want to rush you, but I'm just being curious: any ideas yet? :)

The Accounts are done and should be okay now. I haven't looked at contact pictures yet (if you happen to find where they are, feel free to e-mail me :D )

Guest Upquark

I did some searching myself, but couldn't find any useful information. Oh well, guess I'll just have to readd the contact pictures myself... :)

Naturally, still hoping you'll come up with something brilliant. :D

Guest Diggedy

does anyone know how ling it takes to get your licence after donating?

I paid for it yesterday and still havent heard anything and I cant find any contact details for the author

Guest Keramidas
does anyone know how ling it takes to get your licence after donating?

I paid for it yesterday and still havent heard anything and I cant find any contact details for the author

Hi,

Normally I respond very quickly but it's also possible that my e-mail gets caught in a spam filter: Yahoo and especially MSN are the most aggressive ones.

My contact e-mail address is displayed in the Market :)

Thanks !

Guest drigerott

hi Keramidas

with last version of market (i have donate version) i have a problem..

FC on boot ... is very strange... (acer liquid with eclair)

Guest Keramidas
hi Keramidas

with last version of market (i have donate version) i have a problem..

FC on boot ... is very strange... (acer liquid with eclair)

Hi,

Indeed, this is very strange. Is it my app that force closes on boot ?

If you could capture a stack trace by using "adb logcat" from a computer, and send me the whole log, I would appreciate it :)

Please send this info by e-mail if you can. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest J.L.C.

I really like the new "create update.zip" feature.

However, I have just tried a new ROM and when I try to apply the TitaniumBackup-3.3.1.zip with AMON RA 1.7.0.1, the installation aborts due to no signature on the zip.

Edited by J.L.C.