OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

ockroms.png 

I've been following the discussions here on Modaco, and have been reading up various sources on how to cook up a custom rom. After gathering some of the wisdom and knowledge from other helpful rom chefs, I'm happy to present my roms for the i900 Omnia.

Having problems with keyboards, M2D etc? Remember to read my second post, where you can find solutions to common problems you may encounter, such as problems with M2D Home Weather, Wifi etc. And don't forget your best friend Google. If there's a particular issue you can't resolve, post it here and I'll try to get back to you within 3 working days ;) .

And to help you pick a suitable rom, check out this handy chart which I've put together following feedback from our friends here. Also check out Sb.'s post on the different build branches.

Trying a custom rom for the first time? Read up Sector's guide first, and follow it up with tips from Angel's collection. It's a good idea to backup your contacts, messages etc before each flash.

Kitchen release on second post, have fun!

Build 29005

Hi everyone!

I'm back with some new roms for our i900s. For the past 3 months or so, I've been gathering some new ingredients. Would like to thank yonn1981 for pioneering some really nice innovations like the Connection Setup wizard and the new version of Manila Sense.

I've updated ockInstallMe to version 6, which features serfer222's brilliant XDA_UC_NET app. This allows you to customise options such as enabling dialer skin and disabling rotation animation during the setup process. Do note it only supports reading from "My Storage"

I've kept the original autorun process, so if you don't feel like trying out the new setup process, simply create a file called donotdisturb.txt in your \My Storage\XDA_UC folder.

These will probably be my last roms for the i900, hope you enjoy them! More versions of 29005 coming soon ;)

What's New:

- New Manila build 2016

- Added UC_NET for easy post-flash customisation

- Added new taskbar icons

- Added HTC Connection Setup for automatic setup of MMS and GPRS settings (launches on 2nd boot)

- Added Email Setup Wizard in M2Dv2 builds

- Brought back swf file support

- Added Arcsoft MMS

- Added new Metro-inspired Nitrogen skin in Premium

What's changed:

- Remapped menu button long hold to TouchInput settings

- Touched-up some graphics for M2D

- Updated threaded email

- Minor WM theme edits

- Replaced SimTKit with B7300 version (tks yonn1981)

What's fixed

- Fixed crashes with M2DC when saving settings

- TouchInput landscape now supports more languages (thanks yonn1981!)

- Fixed wacky scrolling in Phonebook

- Wallpaper settings in settings tab should work now

Premium.png

Updated: 14th Dec 2010

Free Storage: 90 MB

Free memory: 53 MB

Download: Filesonic (101 MB) | Direct link by HostInstall.com | Rapidshare (tks stefg!)

v2: FMRadio and missing SoundTester fixed

29005_Premium.jpg

titaniumpremium.png

Free Storage: 108 MB

Free memory: 62 MB

Download: Filesonic (91 MB) | Direct Link | Rapidshare

M2D3.png

Free Storage: 117 MB

Free memory: 54 MB

Download: Filesonic (92 MB) | Direct Link | Rapidshare

29003_M2Dv2.jpg'

titanium4.png

Free Storage: 131 MB

Free memory: 63 MB

Download: Filesonic (82 MB) | Direct link | Rapidshare

29003_Titanium.jpg

m2d_c.png

Updated: 15th Dec 2010

Free Storage: 118 MB

Free memory: 55 MB

Download: Filesonic | Rapidshare (89 MB)

29005_manilaclassic.png

ul4.png

Updated: 16th Dec 2010

Free Storage: 165 MB

Free memory: 63 MB

Download: Filesonic | Rapidshare (54 MB)

Big THANKS to all who donated!

Thanks for all your generous support ;)

• Chandan
  • Sapunkov
  • netutopic
  • amb123
  • chris (mpayne)
  • X-Pro
  • Kev23
  • Daniel Neugebauer
  • Árgyélus
  • skoda60
  • Juuso-Pekka Voimala
  • Alysson Souza/ Avohai
  • Stanislav Kupryakhin
  • Andy Bochmann
  • PJ_Omnia
  • BILLCHRISTOY

Thanks also to everyone who has encouraged me with your kind words ;)

CREDITS:

Recipe providers:

PaSSoA

Shokka

Nicklashidegard

Pots and pans and other tools from:

bepe - Platform Rebuilder

Jason8/ Racer7 -CAB Converter tool

pako777 - I900 EXECUTOR and camera fix

sztupy - SYAKR Tool and Favorite Hackings

Vistang - wonderful Visual Kitchen

bikertibi - tshres patcher

Ingredients by:

Da_G, DFT, Monkeybape- New rom builds

Yonn1981 - For his expertise and HUGE kitchen

rtomakov, waremike32 - Advice and Rom build re-uploads

Mirko Schenk - Mortscript

Jeffrey2000 - Great-looking W7 Premium theme

gfandrea - GFX Theme

amarullz - Fantastic BlueBlack Windows Theme

m.carroll - PureBlack theme

Omar Junior, Zubnik, Weirdo - wonderful M2D skins

htctoucher - great M2Dv1 skin

thekevster - For his great work on action screen tab

Jumba - BlueSteel theme and more M2D tweaks

Dinik - Great icons!

younxt - Great GTX icon set

Sb - Hi-quality icons

Zitoun - More icons

escobol - Grey Samsung Keyboard skin

DJ Pete - Sense Lockscreen

bgill55/bga7x - Russian Black skins

Paul - for modaco.com, and fantastic support for us chefs

A_C - S2U2

Sector - Amazing porting work and roms

zemrwhite2 - rotation animation tricks

r04d5t3r - Nitrogen skin

Bakuryu91 - GTX icon set

Rugal - Lite dialer and expertise

DarkNinja and pin12 - Android Taskbar icons

stefanux - XIAMultiTheme

Axman - apptx.exe

~LavAna - Weather icons

Hosting and Mirrors by:

Sinaaa - Many thanks for providing me web hosting.

fense - Freakshare mirrors!

advancedpcs - Direct downloads. Yipee!

stefg - Rapidshare mirrors!

Not forgetting...

All rom chefs not mentioned above (including but not limited to : QBUS, s0cks, Krazy Radd, Khuanchai, Sector, Ryrzy, Nicklashidegard, lexuz, Mr Hammer, P_Dhee, anzo, magawa, etc) for their hard work, advice and inspiration.

A special shout-out to fellow new chefs cruddasj, MAMBO04, Bruno Adler, DelBossco, steff195. I didn't have time to try out your roms, but can see from the screenshots that you guys are doing a wonderful job. Keep it up and hope to see more cool stuff!

SoundTester.cab

Disable_Rotation_Animation.cab

ock_rlToday_skin.cab

ock_Bold_Camera_Font_Workaround.cab

OCKRoms_210410.pdf

FM_Radio_Shortcut.cab

GTX_M2DV2_ock.zip

ockRoms16Dec.pdf

Edited by ock

Kitchen Release

Read my guide to get started. Experiment at your own risk ;)

Kitchen v2 (125MB)

Kitchen v1 (93 MB)

ock Eclipse "expansion pack"

Archives ___________________

Check my blog for my older roms ;)

Tips _______________________

Using XDA_UC to install programs automatically

My roms include a customised (with progress bar ;) ) version of XDA_UC. Here's how you can automate cab installations. Do note that some cabs that require user input (press a button to accept terms etc.) are not supported (yet ;) ).

1. Create a folder named "XDA_UC" under "My Storage" or under your storage card. Put all your cab files inside.

2. That's all! Tap on the screen to begin after flashing, and the cab installation will start soon. It will soft-reset once done. If it hangs, just note the cab file it hangs at, and reset your phone manually. Move the cab causing the problem to a "SD" subfolder inside XDA_UC.

Can't connect to Internet or GPRS/ NoData generates some funny error

1. Go to Settings > Connections > Operator Settings

2. Switch to a different operator from your current operator and press OK.

3. Wait a few seconds for the wait cursor to disappear, and switch back to your original operator again.

If the above doesn't work, try this:

Go to Settings > Connections > Connections > Advanced > Select Networks

At " Programs automatically connects to Internet using ... ", choose My Internet instead of My ISP.

(Thanks lieuliau)

I can't update weather status

Try the operator trick listed above. If it doesn't work, it may mean the servers are down - the weather tab and the homescreen use different weather servers. Simply try again later.

You can also try a workaround that uses info pulled from the weather tab instead.

Photo and Music tabs are not working

I've removed them from my M2Dv2 build. Install these cabs.

Update Dec 2010: Audio Manager 2.2

How to I enable video calls?

Use FavHackings to enable the dialer skin, then soft reset.

My start menu/ Homescreen becomes a mess when I scroll

Set a wallpaper first, and soft reset.

When I send an sms, the recipient receives ?????????

In Messaging, go to --> Tools --> Options --> Messaging --> Select "Use Unicode when necessary"

GoogleMaps crashes when I enable GPS

Fixed in roms updated from Apr 10 onwards. For older roms (or if you're still experiencing crashes), install this cab to device and soft reset.

XDA_UC doesn't start/ encounters an error

Go to Tools and tap "Autorun" to restart it. If the shortcut isn't there, try a soft reset.

My Omnia keeps rebooting non-stop

Uncheck "Format Device's Internal Hard Disk" when you run the exe to flash

Where's Samsung Keyboard?

I've removed it from my UL and TitaniumClassic build. Install this cab with Escobol's skin.

Why can't I use T9 in Premium's Samsung Keyboard?

Install this cab and soft reset.

I can't set a keyboard as the default

Try using SIPChange

White squares appear in GoogelMaps and Youtube

How can I add other programs to the program tab in M2D? The list only shows a few items.

Simply scroll down the list by flicking upwards to see more apps.

I used M2DC to add more buttons to the program tab in M2D, but they don't work

It seems 18 program shortcuts is the optimum number for M2D.

Youtube doesn't start/ encounters a connection error

Set your time and clock, and try again.

Enable feedback when using optical navigation keys

Install this cab.

Can't read Chinese characters

Install kaidi font by tim1979

Launch Phonebook from Titanium homescreen (TitaniumClassic only)

Install this cab

How can I launch OmniaLite phonebook from M2D's people tab?

Install this cab

Why is the camera font bold and ugly?

This occurs only on certain builds. Try my fix (beta), which rotates your screen and then launches Camera

Certain apps like S2U2 doesn't seem to detect my taps

Install this cab

The camera button doesn't work

This is due to the EZInput keyboard in some Premium builds. Install this fix.

After recording a video, I get an error when previewing or playing the file

This is due to a new library updating service in some builds (Especially 235xx). Install this fix to solve this. This fix is included in my roms.

How can I disable rotation animation?

Install this cab and soft reset. Thanks zemrwhite2!

How can I get back the default SMS skin?

How can I get small icons in start menu?

How can I get back the default calendar?

How can I disable the sliding lockscreen?

Install this cab to disable it and get back the old "tap to unlock" screen.

How can I get back a sliding lockscreen without the Sense clock?

Install this cab

How can I disable the Samsung Volume Control?

Install this cab to get back the WM default volume control.

How can I disable the vibration feedback in TouchInput?

Install this cab

How can I disable the M2D weather?

Install this cab

How can I minimise programs when pressing the X button?

Install this cab

Goodies _______________________

Quick Access Bar (based on iPhoneToday)

For M2D-based roms, tested on 29005

Download

EZInput keyboard

Note that once installed it can't be removed easily.

TouchInput WQVGA Thanks yonn1981!

Enable vibration feedback

HTC Connection Setup (ported from HTC LEO)

Connection Setup WQVGA

v2 updated 16th Dec 2010: missing images added for non-M2D builds

M2Dv2 All-in-one

Download

===========================

I've gotten DINIK's permission to cook his Anastasia Icon Set and have in fact planned to, but it seems some icons weren't changed.

I've thus not cooked these icons in, but I've packaged a special cab for those who like his icons to try out on my roms. Tested on Premium, should work for my other roms too. I can't guarantee complete compatibility with other roms though, due to different start menu layouts other chefs may use. Thanks also to AnnPhe for introducing Dinik's brilliant work to Modaco. Use JWMD icon changer to change other icons you may have.

DINIK%20Anastasia%20Icons.png

Download

DJ Pete's lockscreen

SenseLS.png

Download

DINIK_Anastasia_IconSet.cab

WMP_File_Associations.cab

Edited by ock

Guest rendeiro2005

I`ve installed the manilla version and for now it seems to work as it should be. Smooth, quick and good look except the 3 big icons on main menu, but that`s just me ;) so....GREAT JOB ;)

and congrats

yet i`ve an issue. since you didn`t cook google maps, how can i make it work through manila? I`ve installed M2D and put maps on task but it didn`t work. where should i go on registry to correct this?

Soon i will test the lite version too.

thks and keep the good work

Good storage and memory management also seems pretty fast and stable for first release... But sadly bluetooth audio routing not working (as you asked feedback) with titanium light version, i didn't checked manila version though. Just found that start menu layout for portrait stays same with 3 icons per row in landscape and a little big icons.. ;) Good work keep it up ;)

Edited by ntfcn

Guest ♪мaste® key™

Hey dude... Plz leme knw simple trick.., How 2 Install This ROM... ;)

Plz I'm Newbie On WM Phone'z ;) lolz

My Device

Version :

PDA : i900DHJ2/DDHJ2

PHONE : i900DDHJ2

Edited by ♪мaste® key™

yet i`ve an issue. since you didn`t cook google maps, how can i make it work through manila? I`ve installed M2D and put maps on task but it didn`t work. where should i go on registry to correct this? 

Have you tried installing the Google Maps program? I've attached the cab file below, just install and run. Just tested  ;)

But sadly bluetooth audio routing not working (as you asked feedback) with titanium light version, i didn't checked manila version though. 

Excellent feedback, ntfcn. Thanks! I've tried something different in the M2D version, hope someone with a BT set can test it too and let me know the results.

Hey dude... Plz leme knw simple trick.., How 2 Install This ROM...

Plz I'm Newbie On WM Phone'z lolz

You can find the details in Sector's guide. I recommend a XP-running laptop, although flashing in Vista and Win7 is possible too. Don't forget the Samsung Modem Drivers. After flashing, let the phone reboot and it should be fully up and running.

GoogleMaps.CAB

Edited by ock

Guest rendeiro2005
Have you tried installing the Google Maps program? I've attached the cab file below, just install and run. Just tested  ;)

Excellent feedback, ntfcn. Thanks! I've tried something different in the M2D version, hope someone with a BT set can test it too and let me know the results.

You can find the details in Sector's guide. After flashing, let the phone reboot and it should be fully up and running.

hi ock,

yes i`ve installed google maps and it doesn`t work. i think i had to make some registry changes but i don`t know where.

and by the way. only later i can leave you some feedback about the BT question because im at work now

hi ock, yes i`ve installed google maps and it doesn`t work. i think i had to make some registry changes but i don`t know where. and by the way. only later i can leave you some feedback about the BT question because im at work now
Do you mean the Map Tab in M2D, you can enable it by running M2DC from the start menu, going to "tabs" and putting a checkmark next to "LocationWidget" Press apply and M2D will restart to load the new tab.

PS: Do concentrate on your work first, unless you are a full-time rom tester ;) .

Guest rendeiro2005
Do you mean the Map Tab in M2D, you can enable it by running M2DC from the start menu, going to "tabs" and putting a checkmark next to "LocationWidget" Press apply and M2D will restart to load the new tab.

PS: Do concentrate on your work first, unless you are a full-time rom tester ;) .

thks for the work tip ;) ;) :P

no. i don`t have any problem about manila tabs. i`ve already put that tab through M2DC. i`m talking about when in that tab you press "search" on maps nothing happens.

i`m sure this is not a rom problem ;) i think this happens on every manila rom that don`t have google maps pre-installed

i`m just asking someone here (not you in particular) how can i put this right.

Guest rickyeo

Unable to wake device with front buttons, even though option is selected in settings/personal/buttons. Otherwise, great rom

Edited by rickyeo

Guest rendeiro2005
Unable to wake device with front buttons, even though option is selected in settings/personal/buttons. Otherwise, great rom

didn`t note that before but you`re right.

1 bug ;)

love your rom specially the icons..i really like black

i hope you can cook the 28011 as well and fix the "wake device" thing.. im your fan now ;)

I've a feeling that new builds will be released soon. Will definitely be cooking those. For the button wakeup bug, I've a clue on how it may be solved, will test it out first. Thanks rickyeo (also from my homeland ;) ) for reporting this.

Checked the manila version unfortunately same with titanıum light no audio routing to mono headsets. I didn't checked the eboot but seems that you didn't used the i908's eboot section in both version which is the key for the magic happens ;) also nk.exe from i908 rom could be another ingredient but not sure it really depends on it. Other then btar issue manilla version is as fast as the titanium one so another good rom ;) Keep going ;) if you can handle btar trick and fix some small issues like start menu layout it will be great rom with good free play ground..

Checked the manila version unfortunately same with titanıum light no audio routing to mono headsets. I didn't checked the eboot but seems that you didn't used the i908's eboot section in both version which is the key for the magic happens ;) also nk.exe from i908 rom could be another ingredient but not sure it really depends on it. Other then btar issue manilla version is as fast as the titanium one so another good rom ;) Keep going ;) if you can handle btar trick and fix some small issues like start menu layout it will be great rom with good free play ground..

Thanks for the tips, I did in fact use version ZHID3 of i908's eboot, plus the nk.exe. Looks like I may have to remove the fix temporary from my next releases. Maybe I'll write to Khuanchai to see if he can provide any advice on this.

The wakeup button bug should be fixed in the next version. More todos for the next release:

1. Tweak startup sounds and screens

2. Start Menu Landscape fix

3. Showcase tweaks

4. Move VoiceCommand to start menu (+2MB free ram for those not using it)

Zzzzz... for now... see u all tmr.

Guest tingchung_chin
Thanks for the tips, I did in fact use version ZHID3 of i908's eboot, plus the nk.exe. Looks like I may have to remove the fix temporary from my next releases. Maybe I'll write to Khuanchai to see if he can provide any advice on this.

The wakeup button bug should be fixed in the next version. More todos for the next release:

1. Tweak startup sounds and screens

2. Start Menu Landscape fix

3. Showcase tweaks

4. Move VoiceCommand to start menu (+2MB free ram for those not using it)

Zzzzz... for now... see u all tmr.

Great, i love M2Dv2, esp with lite M2Dv2 and the memory in used for M2Dv2, i think it's the most effective across all the ROM out there, 60MB free with M2Dv2 install!!! Bravo!

Guest ycz77128

You done a good job, If you could streamline the point better, just integrated M2D, no integration, such as JAVA, Favorite Hackings, noData, I think the memory will be better!

Chinese friends waiting for your good news!

Guest jmsmartins
thks for the work tip ;) ;) ;)

no. i don`t have any problem about manila tabs. i`ve already put that tab through M2DC. i`m talking about when in that tab you press "search" on maps nothing happens.

i`m sure this is not a rom problem ;) i think this happens on every manila rom that don`t have google maps pre-installed

i`m just asking someone here (not you in particular) how can i put this right.

rendeiro, have u installed gmaps on \device? it worked for me in other rom