OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

gprs works, problem is when i add contacts on home ui the numbers at the bottom get all congy, as my numbers r all 12/13 digits. overall very nice rom. lets c how long i'm gonna use it, if i get anything will let u guys know.

PS. Haven't encounter sleep bug yet, seems its bug free(finger crossed):D

Try tapping the right soft key, it'll bring up a menu where you can edit the numbers or assign a name.

Hi OCK,

Question about memory management. It seems that multitasking is limited to 2-4 programs at a time. I noticed that media player (does not matter which one, I have 3 different once) shuts down after opening one to three more apps.

With the full load of apps I have running, I can pretty much run one program at a time. Deactivating photoalbum and audiomanager tabs in m2D, s2u2 and some other apps gives me a little more space to play with but again no more than three programs can be active at a time. Is there any way to make these restriction a little less severe?

Thank you.

Hi amb123, firstly thanks for your donation! As for the autoclosing issue, it has been discussed extensively and it seems Omnia II users are experiencing it too. My investigation suggests that the amount of free ram could be only part of the problem, since I was able to use up almost all the ram in Opera without it closing. I've tried numerous registry settings but this problem proved to be a tough one for us. It doesn't help that memory control settings are not that well documented in msdn.

the new build kinda slow and bit logy is ther any way to optimize it? i mean to boost the speed ??

i try t browse internet and it made me wait for 2-3 min to open a page the screen get stock cant even click the menu after 3 min the page open the phone back to normal but when i try to open another page i have to wait for 3min again the phone got logy after the page open the phone back to normal

i think the new build eating a huge of ram ...

Are you using IE? I prefer Opera as it feels much more responsive. UCWEB is another good alternative.

Hi OCK,

First a big thank you for uploading this ROM, I have been flashing various roms over the last two weeks and yours by far works faster!

Just a problem with the calendar, I'm using the latest M2D build - though I can't actually add a new appointment to it. Wondering to know if this is just a bug or this is something I can do to fix it?

Cheers!

Hmm... does anyone else have this problem? Maybe you can try launching calendar from the start menu.

how about adding discovery of sinan about the page pool?

i herd sinan discovery a 100mb page pool?

i dont know what is page pool but i believe that it will make rom faster

A larger page pool would theoretically make a rom faster, but at the expense of free memory. It's not necessary bad cos the ram is used to speed up launching of programs. There's some discussion on roms with 0 pagepool, which may fix the autoclosing problem. I'll give it a try one of these days, but I'm not sure of its effects on overall speed.

EDIT: All going well, fast and highly responsive, good memory, very convenient useability. only thing i encounter is sense doesn't work in landscape. C the pic below.

Yup, I believe it's a lot of hard work for gchris to come up with something like this, it'll depend on whether he plans to add landscape support.

Thanks OCK for your reply.

Just for your infromation after flashing your ROM, I set the date and time and then after reboot both time and date went back to ilnitial flash value and I had to set it again. :D. So, may be this disabling has no effect on date and time?

When first time my phone went to sleep WiFi was on, but the second time it was Off. For 1st time, I think no program was running. WiFi was on as I had done some weather update and tested that nimbuzz is working or not. Both worked ok and I closed nimbuzz. A few minutes later, I received a phone call and after finishing it when I wanted to use the phone again around 15 minutes later that I noted that it has gone to deep sleep :D .

Tks for the report on the date reset. I've not experienced it in my testing for quite some time, so that's strange. ;)

Do you have any screen-locking software installed?

Very nice TitaniumSense rom, I like seeing adc integrated

Cabs are all working fine

OCK any chance of getting 23529 Ulite?

Thanks

There're reports on 23529 being slower, I may not cook a UL version. 23518 seems to be my most stable build till now.

OCK

Can you replace Jblend with Jbed? Opera mini does not work on Jblend

Any reason why you prefer Opera Mini to Opera Mobile? :(

have the same problem !! i have to click it many times in order to select it .. and sometimes it just doesnt work !!

Pretty odd, this issue. Which version are you using?

Hmm... does anyone else have this problem? Maybe you can try launching calendar from the start menu.

I have tried that but nothing works. I might install another calendar app and see if that works. I found the same problem with ryrzy's latest M2D (28205) build with the tcalendar there. Couldn't find a way to fix that either.

All in all still a great build - I did encounter the same issue about the memory as well that it shuts down certain programs if you have them open but as you said there isn't much info available about it. A trade off for it to run smoothly ;)

Any reason why you prefer Opera Mini to Opera Mobile? ;)

I can answer that - I found Opera Mini uses less usage than Opera Mobile. I use to use it with my old HTC p3600i but with the Omnia I got a bigger usage cap as apart of the Plan so I can easily burn the extra quota with OM.

Guest roadkill
the latest m2d version ... Sometimes it works very smoothly sometimes I go crazy trying to tap a contact... By the way it's version 23529

M2D 25001 has the contacts selection issue too. The way around it is to use your thumbpad, just that you might get a tired thumb if you have alot of them....

M2D 23518 does not have the problem.

Guest aaak2000

Hi OCK,

Thanks for another amazing ROM....!!!

i am now using the latest M2D 06 Feb 2010 Buil 23529.5.5.0

i have problem connecting my BT Headset.

it works only for making calls and not for music.

do you know this problem???

Thanks,

aaak2000

Guest aaak2000

Hi OCK,

Thanks for another amazing ROM....!!!

i am now using the latest M2D 06 Feb 2010 Buil 23529.5.5.0

i have problem connecting my BT Headset.

it works only for making calls and not for music.

do you know this problem???

Thanks,

aaak2000

hi guys,

just 4 sharing, did any one also feel that build 23529 drain battery faster than build 25001?

well, before using OCK 23529 M2D i was using OCK 25001 titanium

on my experience build 23529 drains batt in only 1 days but build 25001 can use the batt for 3 day (all in normal use : telp, sms, browsing)

ps: i install exactly same app, but only in 25001 titanium i also install pointui.

I'm using 23529 Titanium sense today and it is draining my battery very fast, only 11 o'clock and I have only left 80% battery life left after charging over night

Hi OCK and All of you Guys,

There is an interesting thing going on with showcase. I noticed it consistently appearing on the last several M2D ROMs. On a freshly installed ROM, showcase works like charm. As soon as I install my standard set of apps, it becomes extremely slow to open (3 to 4sec).

My regular set of ups includes:

S2U2, S2V, Skyfire, CleanTemp, cleanRAM, Totallcomander, Advance config, Coreplayer, Resco photomanager, Samsung smartconverter, medabbr, free-dict, destinator, Fdc soft taskmanager, spb benchmark, a couple of games.

All other apps either were added after I discovered the problem or I uninstall them after a while.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can pinpoint the problem.

Thank you

OCK,

Are you going to do a Titanium Classic or UL version of 23529 build? Thanks for the solid work!

It seems 23529 may have an (unconfirmed) issue with video recording and thus I've decided not to cook any more releases of it.

I'm taking a break, hope to be back here soon ;)

Guest blade87
It seems 23529 may have an (unconfirmed) issue with video recording and thus I've decided not to cook any more releases of it.

I'm taking a break, hope to be back here soon ;)

I have no problems recording videos with 23529. Somebody said that after 5 MB, it goes corrupt. I recorded a 7 MB video and after that it played it without any problems...

Edited by blade87

Guest Raheel Anjum
the latest m2d version ... Sometimes it works very smoothly sometimes I go crazy trying to tap a contact... By the way it's version 23529

+1

Yes I have also observed the same problem. Tapping on phone dialere is not as smooth as the rest of the ROM. Some times it is better and some times it is almost impossible to press a single button. Needs inverstigation?

Edited by Raheel Anjum

Guest Raheel Anjum
I don't remembe who was asking about an app to lock the device during phone call.

Here it is

Try S2U2 or Autocallocker http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...autocalllocker/

Thanks I was looking for it. It looks an old version. Have you tried it. Does it work on this build.

I have found another one. Hopefully it will work. But I am yet to test it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032

Raheel

Edited by Raheel Anjum

Guest Raheel Anjum

May be it hs been discussed before but I could not find it. After some time of use the available RAM starts to decrease e-g right now after fresh reset it is arond 45 MB. But if I run some application, close them and then check it will come down around 10 to 12 mb lesss around 32 MB and slows down phone performance but again after a soft reset, the RAM is again recovered ;)

Note: This is a general obasrevation not specific to OCK's ROM's.

Edited by Raheel Anjum

Guest acmjiffry

I'm taking a break, hope to be back here soon :D

Have a Kit kat and good sleep ;)

see u soon

I use autocallocer myself. It is proved to work on all the ROMs I've been experimenting with. There are some little things that need to be addressed, but you can find all the information in the dedicated thread (it is just 4 pages long).

If there anything confusing, I'll be happy to help.

smartlock I've tried before as well as pocketshield, did not like them (don't remember why) and besides they are shareware.

Edited by amb123

Great Rom (25001 M2D), but I can't receive contacts over BT from another phones. Any ideas ? That's an issue for your last ROMs. Is there any trick (broken OBEX ?) or workaround to fix that ?