OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest Romiro81
just copy any ringtone to My Documents/My Ringtones and that problem is solve (I think you can also copy them to windows folder or SC folder) it seems that this roms are so Ultralite that chefs put just one or two ringtones on windows folder but when you go to notifications menu the default ring tone is not recognize anymore.

you can use some omnia2 ring tones if you want, see attachment with a couple of them :(

slds,

Thank you for advice!

But I hope OCK will fix it inside ROM :P

Edited by Romiro81

Guest corpisa
Thank you for advice!

But I hope OCK will fix it inside ROM :P

well... you will get use to that, just have your ring tones in your storage card, it´s just a quick step :( remember this are customs roms and the one you are trying is an UL version so some user customization has to be done. In my opinion there is nothing to fix as it works right after flashing if you don´t go into sound settings, if you do, just copy one ring tone to ring tone folders and enjoy. that´s my opinion anyway !!! :(

slds,

Guest Romiro81
well... you will get use to that, just have your ring tones in your storage card, it´s just a quick step :( remember this are customs roms and the one you are trying is an UL version so some user customization has to be done. In my opinion there is nothing to fix as it works right after flashing if you don´t go into sound settings, if you do, just copy one ring tone to ring tone folders and enjoy. that´s my opinion anyway !!! :P

slds,

I agree with you, Corpisa, but I think those 3 ringtones you may see in "windows" folder should be recognized by phone without their copy in "my ringtones" folder. Isn't it? Anyway OCK will decide do we need changes or not :(

Guest Viliam
Hi,

I have just switched to your rom after deciding to try an upgrade from kuanchi's 6.5 Rom which has been working very well for a while. I used Kuanchi's rom for the BTAR patch as I use a bluetooth headset whilst driving for voice dialling. I decided to give the Premium version of your rom a try to see what 6.5.3 was like. I have one problem which I have been so far unable to solve. I use the Blizzard Battle.Net Mobile Authenticator which is a small Java program. The program will not install on the provided JBlend program giving an out of memory error. I have found and downloaded various different Java platforms after searching the internet. I found an older version of JBlend that allows the program to install and run but when I need to access the keyboard input the keyboard appears and then drops behind the java program again making it impossible to make any input. I tried JBed which will not run the authenticator and I have searched and found a copy of original java.cab from samsungs rom but this will not install due to permission errors. Is there a copy of original java.cab that will install on this rom as I need this program working and didn't want to have to go back to an older version of windows mobile if possible.

Thank you in advance.

same problem with java app

Guest corpisa
I agree with you, Corpisa, but I think those 3 ringtones you may see in "windows" folder should be recognized by phone without their copy in "my ringtones" folder. Isn't it? Anyway OCK will decide do we need changes or not :(

yeah.. it´s funny they are recognize when you flash, but once you go into phone settings they are not anymore :P

Guest X-pro
Hi,

I have just switched to your rom after deciding to try an upgrade from kuanchi's 6.5 Rom which has been working very well for a while. I used Kuanchi's rom for the BTAR patch as I use a bluetooth headset whilst driving for voice dialling. I decided to give the Premium version of your rom a try to see what 6.5.3 was like. I have one problem which I have been so far unable to solve. I use the Blizzard Battle.Net Mobile Authenticator which is a small Java program. The program will not install on the provided JBlend program giving an out of memory error. I have found and downloaded various different Java platforms after searching the internet. I found an older version of JBlend that allows the program to install and run but when I need to access the keyboard input the keyboard appears and then drops behind the java program again making it impossible to make any input. I tried JBed which will not run the authenticator and I have searched and found a copy of original java.cab from samsungs rom but this will not install due to permission errors. Is there a copy of original java.cab that will install on this rom as I need this program working and didn't want to have to go back to an older version of windows mobile if possible.

Thank you in advance.

try this

1) run cert

2) java

if that fails try installing opera mini with java

http://www.4shared.com/file/164368414/24a1...Mini5Beta2.html

1._SdkCerts.cab

java.rar

Guest X-pro

tried to test power consumption in 551 and, with my phone, it uses twice as much power than usual. It a shame because the 551 is the best rom I ever tested.

Ock do you have problems with starting youtube/streaming player from opera ?

Guest Fissherman74

Hello, I'm using premium 23551 ROM for a few days. And I have some questions how to fix some issues i am having (I read all the tread):

1. how to save on the phone (my storage) an e-mail attachment (a photo)

2. On the home screen weather i got the wrong location (on the other part of the world - Shenzhen)

Please could somebody explain how to do the following (do i have to go to settings or in a file of the phone):

- Set the value of "citycode" under HKCU\Software\ock\Weather\ manually

- OR set the value of "locset" under HKCU\Software\ock\Weather\ to 0 and tap on the weather title again to configure

And what does the file setlocation.mscr do when I install it and run it on the phone?

Changing the operator doesn't help and also in some posts about the weather issue people are advised to check the second Ock's post - but there is nothing about this weather problem. Tommorow I'll try to updeate the weather via another wi-fi not mine home.

Bye.

Guest adaaat
just change your theme, look for themes thread here at modaco and find one that has no weather ambientation on home screen. remember to back up your theme using m2dc program included in the rom.

if you have any doubts just ask and we will try to hero you.

slds,

thank you! :P

Is there a way to open Samsung omnia phonebook instead of wm 6 phonebook on the people tab when i push "all

people" button? Ock, can you change this in your following roms?

Made this cab some time back but haven't put it on my second post. Just install and soft reset. It will however overwrite the default contact app.

hey ock, i kinda like the flipping clock but it makes the roms slow after unlocking the phone, if by removing

the flipping will it make the start button load faster?

May not necessary be, but in my tests manila.exe used about 2MB less ram.

i have upgraded to the new rom but now i cannot make connection with windows mobile device center ?:( and my usb to pc is on actiesync

Hmmm... I'm using WinXP , not sure how to answer your question. :P

hi chef ock, yep, me again. may i know how can i assign my s2u2 to my end key button?in other way, maybe disabling the smart lock to make the s2u2 work as default lock maybe?please rescue this noobie here. lol

Not sure if AE Button Plus can do that. Actually, I prefer just to press the power button, which locks and turns off the screen.

I love your rom ... manila classic ... wooow it rocks :( homescreen calendar shows only one task .... eaven if I have more at the day ... can you tell me how to edit it or create a cab to make it show more ? maby 3-4 eaven those from next day ? please weather .... displays cant retrieve data for your city.... city is bratislava, SK its listed but nothing happend .... I used before Nicks roms and there was no problem .... PLUS ... he had an option to retrieve weather data from free connections !! like PC LAN .... so no additional costs through operator thx

I've seen some tweaks for 2 appts on Manila homescreen, but somehow I couldn't get it to work. As for the weather, sometimes the server may be down and thus updates can't be obtained.

Hi Ock,can u provide a link to this MD2 Classic THEME from 23551 ROM? It is very cool.I like it very much.

Tnx

It's originally by htctoucher from xda, but there's a wqvga version in the M2D themes thread.

Hello, I have a problem with the sound. The versión that i install is 23551 premium. The problem must be present with i use de FM RADIO with headphones. I speek the voices very bad.When i try to config the SRS WOW HD I see that the versión of SRS WOW HD is 1.2.1. (not the other versión that i usually use 1.5.1) When i select "headphones" in configuration i can´t listen anything: radiofm, mp3 or divx.When I select "internal (stereo)" i listen well (but not perfect) divx and mp3 but radio very bad.

I try to install the SRS WOW 1.5.1 but the 1.2.1 keep and can´t uninstall.

Actually, it's best to uninstall SRS Wow first before installing a new version. Btw, can I have a link to v1.5.1? I thought I was using the latest but it seems it's v1.2.1

I have a problem with the dialer. I use the M2D version not the last but the one before it. When I enter the

dialer and type the first two letters of someones name like JA (For James) a few names come out and when i

press one of them the touchscreen doesn't recognize that touch. I installed Incosoft phoneex and i there was a

problem too because I couldn't dial anyone and uninstalled it.

Someone has reported this but it's strange that I didn't experience this. I'm thinking that some 3rd party apps may be the cause. Nevertheless, I'll test it out again in my next build.

Hey did anybody experience problem with sending file over bluetooth to omnia... I can send from omnia to pc but can't send to omnia from pc... I'v on win 7... Any solution's?

Working fine for me, check that the bluetooth icon is on and your Omnia can be seen by your PC.

Is BT-Fix working in your Roms?

Nope, removed it but Krazy Radd has done up a zuif-based English rom, I need to ask him for some tips :P

Master OCK, can you please make a rom with camera setting brightness -1, contrast +1, saturation +1 and sharpness +1 as default?I am facing another problem. When I text in more than 160 letters in messaging, it automatically split into 2

messages. But when I sent them, it just the sent the 1st part of the message and showed up "Message sending

failed". Anybody can help?

Pakko has tweaked the camera files but I'm not sure how to do that. I'll google for the long sms issue to see what's the possible causes.

Dear Ock,

Just as a little reminder for your future releases.

1) Your colleague MaGaWa (next topic in this forum) knows how to combine latest version of GPS enabled Google

Maps and the same build of WM 6.5 which you use. Please ask him for help or ask what did he do to make it

works.

2)May be it would be better to make samsung volume control as default? I'm trying to explain why. Please lock

screen an then press volume control buttons. What happens? Volume level changes but you can't see changes on

screen. When you use samsung default volume control you may change the level of sound and and watch the scale

always. And it is correct.

3) Also when I'm trying to change ring type in UL version of ROM (notifications menu), I can't to select any melody and therefore can't leave this menu item. It's sad. Please, please fix it.

And once again: your UL Rom is one of the best. Thank you for your work!

Respect

1) Already figured this out thanks to Nick :( You can meanwhile overwrite HTCSensorSDK.dll with a blank while if you want to use version 4

2) Thinking of switching to a black one, I'll test out its behaviour.

3) I'll cook in at least one ringtone to fix this problem

Heyya - My first ever post here. Woot!

Looks like a very sexy ROM, ock. Thanks for all the hard work.

Anyway, I've been looking around at various roms to update my haggard old Win6.1 rom on my Omnia. Whilst I

LOVE the look of the rom's you've created here, I really need to check one thing before I go ahead and install

it.Do any/all of your roms still come with "Internet Sharing"? I use my netbook in tandem with my Omnia, and

having internet sharing via bluetooth PAN is VERY useful for me!! If you don't have internet sharing on your

roms by default, could you recommend a program/cab which would do the same job as internet sharing on the 6.1

rom. Thanks, and thanks for all the hard work you seem to have put into your roms! Jez.

Yup, Internet Sharing is cooked in but I've not tested it.

Hello corpisa,

In first place thanks por the answer but i have more information.

Mi joob partner have the same room and the same problem. The problem is only when de FM RADIO and when i

select a radio with human voices, in other frequences (music) the problem is not apreciable.

Can you test this??

If you confirm me that you don´t have the problem i make a hard reset and try again.

Thanks a lot

-David

I've got a different issue with FM,

whenever I record something , cant playback properly, it breaks, the issue is not only with this ROM, the

issue is with radio application, the original application runs flawlessly...

Noticed a problem with FMRadio recording, I'll try switching back to the original version

problem solve, is hardware issue.. not software.. my wife drop it quite frequent and cause the cable or

connector lose up.i fix this with my only Thumb. Open batery case, press hard +++ a the sim card slot sites.

reset ur phone, press hard again while u turning on camera function.amazingly it works for me. cheers Kam Sia

Strange fix indeed, hahaha...

i like ur roms...specially the icon..*_^b

maybe u can make the FLOTANIUM version..?u know.. combine Touch Flo Manila 2D with NEO Titanium

with switch button... today(neotitanium) and Touch flo (M2D)thank's 4 ur attention.. :o

Got the package from Waremike and Nick, may cook one but it won't be for every release.

by the way, in software "Photo Album" is nice to view pictures, and very nice software to do photo editing.

But there is a error pop out when i wanna save. error quote "Internal error [sAVE_ERROR:JpegTrans.dll]"

so, it fail to save or overwrite pictures file.

2ndly, can we now use USB data cable to charge our phone?

since i saw in 'favourite hacking' there is a function says 'USB Charging' at the moonlight monitor icon.

I'll check the jpegtrans error again. As for the USB charging, I find that my omnia gets warmer if I try to

charge it via USB, maybe a normal power socket would be better. USB charging should work though.

ock is der a way to have a haptic feedback on m2d tabs?

Touchresponse may work for this. :(

Hi,I have just switched to your rom after deciding to try an upgrade from kuanchi's 6.5 Rom which has been

working very well for a while. I used Kuanchi's rom for the BTAR patch as I use a bluetooth headset whilst

driving for voice dialling. I decided to give the Premium version of your rom a try to see what 6.5.3 was

like. I have one problem which I have been so far unable to solve. I use the Blizzard Battle.Net Mobile

Authenticator which is a small Java program. The program will not install on the provided JBlend program

giving an out of memory error. I have found and downloaded various different Java platforms after searching

the internet. I found an older version of JBlend that allows the program to install and run but when I need to

access the keyboard input the keyboard appears and then drops behind the java program again making it

impossible to make any input. I tried JBed which will not run the authenticator and I have searched and found

a copy of original java.cab from samsungs rom but this will not install due to permission errors. Is there a

copy of original java.cab that will install on this rom as I need this program working and didn't want to have

to go back to an older version of windows mobile if possible.

Thank you in advance.

JBed, JBlend (plus all the different versions) all have their own advantages/disadvantages such as

music/sound, 3d support, fullscreen display etc, I'm still finding the best solution to this.

true true sorry if i sounded like a bitch was on a bad day was checking stats and had winge

really hope you found something of use on there :(

and if anything should be added or removed let me know ??

Thanks

Everyone has their bad days B) Anyway, that's a cool collection you have on your website.

well... you will get use to that, just have your ring tones in your storage card, it´s just a quick step ;)

remember this are customs roms and the one you are trying is an UL version so some user customization has to

be done. In my opinion there is nothing to fix as it works right after flashing if you don´t go into sound

settings, if you do, just copy one ring tone to ring tone folders and enjoy. that´s my opinion anyway !!!

:P

slds,

Thanks corpisa, for helping out while I'm away!

tried to test power consumption in 551 and, with my phone, it uses twice as much power than usual. It a shame

because the 551 is the best rom I ever tested. Ock do you have problems with starting youtube/streaming player from opera ?

I've not tested video streams cos I use the standalone Youtube app. Works very well.

Hello, I'm using premium 23551 ROM for a few days. And I have some questions how to fix some issues i am

having (I read all the tread):

1. how to save on the phone (my storage) an e-mail attachment (a photo)

2. On the home screen weather i got the wrong location (on the other part of the world - Shenzhen)

Please could somebody explain how to do the following (do i have to go to settings or in a file of the phone):

- Set the value of "citycode" under HKCU\Software\ock\Weather\ manually

- OR set the value of "locset" under HKCU\Software\ock\Weather\ to 0 and tap on the weather title again to

configure

And what does the file setlocation.mscr do when I install it and run it on the phone?

Changing the operator doesn't help and also in some posts about the weather issue people are advised to check

the second Ock's post - but there is nothing about this weather problem. Tommorow I'll try to updeate the

weather via another wi-fi not mine home.

Bye.

Hmm.. looks like there were some remnants from my rltoday skin. (Or have u installed it?) Yes, you can try

updating the weather some time later - the server could be down

Dude... where can I donate?

Thanks for the thought, maybe I'll put a link in my signature or somewhere :P

HI OCK,

thanks for the ROM 23551 Premium, is great..

but i have problem in Alram, does not work..

can help.. B) ;)

Do you mean it doesn't wake you? Btw M2D doesn't show future alarms on its home tab, and thus sometimes one

may mistake that alarms are off. You may also want to give G-Alarm a try, there's a old free version that

works quite well. (and the creators obviously know the habits/behaviours of heavy sleepers :()

============

Ok, that concludes my "spamming" of replies to the queries. :(

Edited by ock

Guest DAVIZINHO

about radio fm and WOD HD

When i uninstall it and install the 1.5.1 y the versión that is in the phone is 1.2.1.

I think that the problem is 1.2.1 comes with the original rom and i can´t uninstall it???

Any idea??

thanks

-David

about radio fm and WOD HD

When i uninstall it and install the 1.5.1 y the versión that is in the phone is 1.2.1.

I think that the problem is 1.2.1 comes with the original rom and i can´t uninstall it???

Any idea??thanks

-David

Looking at neilpiaro's cab link, I think I get it :(

The file is mis-named as 1.5.1 (and I'm using the same cab in my roms) but it is actually v1.2.1. So you're actually reinstalling v1.2.1

EDIT: Or rather, the driver is version 1.5.1, but the control panel is 1.2.1 :P

Edited by ock

Guest DAVIZINHO
Looking at neilpiaro's cab link, I think I get it :(

The file is mis-named as 1.5.1 (and I'm using the same cab in my roms) but it is actually v1.2.1. So you're actually reinstalling v1.2.1 :P

jejejeje, this is the cause that allways install the 1.2.1 versión! :-)

So any idea about the poor quality of audio when i use radio fm with voice dials???

with my old rom i haven´t this problem and i see this problem y 2 diferentes phone´s. :-(

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english

-David

Guest Acogu

Hey Ock, Congrats! your latest ROM is the best I ever tried. Very smooth and really fast, the icons are the best.

Im really happy with your Titanium Classic Version

Keep that way!!!

Thanks for your efforts.

See you next release! :P

Edited by Acogu