OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest iskopatic

I just want to say thanks Ock for the wonderful roms... Please continue your great work in making Omnia more functional and adaptive.

BTW, I had problems in using the download links to the earlier ROMs (not the new alpha UI) particularly with M2D and Classic. Is this just me? Sorry I havent looked at earlier posts...

Edited by iskopatic

Guest pop6918

Hi,

Thanks for great rom Ock, it is very nice, simple, elegant and very responsive. I am having 1 issue with adding Tom Tom navigator onto the home screen, and the appz screen. it only showed the label "tom tom navigator", it does not show tom tom icon.

i also had the same issue with Torch button.

please help.

:)

Guest mulej_pl
Hi,

Thanks for great rom Ock, it is very nice, simple, elegant and very responsive. I am having 1 issue with adding Tom Tom navigator onto the home screen, and the appz screen. it only showed the label "tom tom navigator", it does not show tom tom icon.

please help.

i had the same problem with polish navi app, here what i did: make app icon in Paint and save it wit *.png extension, next move it to phone and paste to Windows folder. After adding app to panel select that picture which you made :)

Edited by mulej_pl

Guest Jopjes

same problem here, no clock in home screen, looked in remove program's and the "ock alphaui" is not there !?!

Also problems with icons of programs not being able to find them.

But it's still a amazing Rom !! :)

Guest jean-luc_picard
hello,

is any chance to change display time format from 12h to 24h on front panel next to wheather ?

Thx for good roms :)

@jean-luc_picard

you can download SKTools then use menu Tune UP! -> on bottom menu use ">" and tap until you get ico with hand (my ver. is 4.5 and it's between IE ico and Keys ico) next you have Soft key1 label, Soft key1 path feel free to edit them :)

Hi, thanks, but i have to pay this tool :-(

I think this is a reg entry or?

Guest gerrardlfc

hi, what a great work man, keep it up!

also can you release a version that we can install the software by myself, it seems that some of the softwares are useless for me.

another thing is that can someone tell me what is the city code of Hong Kong, i don't know the city code, thanks a lot!!

Guest jean-luc_picard

@OCK:

If i have a missed call, i don't see the blue 1 symbol in the middle phone symbol. Only in the top task bar.

Is this right so?

May be, we can solved this with a cab or reg entry?

Thanks!!

Guest Sony_Simon

hi everybody!

i am from Austria so sry for my bad english^^

i flashed JN´s Rom (with Ocks rltoday) but now i will change to an clean rom!

is there a cab do install Ock´s rlToday on a clean rom? or a tutorial?

lg

Guest holybabel

Is it possible to use the icons from startmenu in program launcher screen? That would be great...

Great ROM...working very fast and reliable...

Guest erwang

Hello,

First of all a big thank you to you Ock for cooking so well, I would like to give some feedback on this new alphaUI interface.

The four way navigation is brilliant, its a bit like spb mobile shell but seems more stable than spb, in my opinion the aUI layout looks much better.

It is great to have access to shortcuts on the main screen.

That's for the positives, on the down side, maybe it is due to my lack of knowledge but I havent managed to customise the softkey buttons (phone) and (camera) as well as the 3 other menu button (prog, nitogen, agenda) I unserstand that they are an alternative to the 4 way navigations but for those happy to use the 4 way navigation it would be great to add extra function on the home screen.

I usually configure the softkey button to USB connection as I often need to switch from active synch to usb mass storage device.

I have noticed two little bugs so far:

1) after running IGO8 it added a line to the today screen this has cause the main home screen to be expanded and the bar to scroll up and down was present on the right handside of the screen I then removed XIA multithem from today went back to the home screen and still it was impossible to untick the line IGO8 had added.

2) I have installed the wifirouter cab on the device, got the message installed successfully but I am still to find it on my device. I have looked everywhere...

Ok that's it from me, thank again ocks for the release, if there is any way to customise further the home screen that would be great.

Cheerio :)

Guest Tak3r07

Hello,

I've tested the new aplhaUI Rom and i really like the keyboard..

Is there any possibility to get it as a CAB-installation?

greets Tak3r

I've noticed in the new AlphaUI build that when GPSGate is running, it appears in the system tray at the bottom and pushes the home screen up a touch, therefore you now get a scroll bar on the right hand side. This is rather annoying, and therefore I've gone back to 23563 until this can be sorted out. I hope there can be a fix for this!

I'm not sure how to solve this, cos the UI was optimized for fullscreen.

HI ock,

at the first: Very nice and god rom. Thanks!!!

But, i have a question: Is this possible to change the bottom Softkeys in Homemenue? The Phone & Camera to another Name and link?

Is this possible?

Please help,

best regards,

Picard

See a few pgs back for my previous reply

Hi Ock,

Question buddy... is it possible to get the time to show on the homescreen for the calendar?

I had a look at the registry and I have no idea how to decode it? :P

Windows Mobile doesn't really store appointments in the registry if I've not mistaken, you can take a look at HKCU\Software\ApptEx though, which is created by apptx.exe when you open the calendar/agenda panel

Hi Ock,

Thanks for your great sharing first !!

I'm a newbie here and I've surveyed several roms in this forum and decided to flash your rom (23569) as my first taste.

but here are some questions I hope I can realize before starting the wor

1) may I install XT9 (TW) to thype the Chinese words ('coz I'm from Taiwan)

2) may I install the latest papago on this rom ?

Thanks for your answer !!

1)You should be able to install a Chinese input on this rom.

2) I've not tested PaPaGo, but I don't see any reason why it won't work. :)

how to disable vibration while writng a text.... the Disable function seemz to b not functiong... OCK please help me

Try the attached cab

I change my meun toolbar font size to large, then i change it back to standard, but it no longer appear to be what i first used. the standard is still bigger. For eg the "camera" it could only show "Cam...". I am using GTX anyone any idea?

Try using FavHackings to adjust the font size.

whenever i receivd a sms, itz receiving time is +1 hr from my currnt time.... e.g, the time is 10 pm, but the sms receivng time is 11 pm...

pleaseee help me to sync my fone n msgng time.... waitng for ur reply OCK n other fellows .

I'm not sure how to solve this one :)

hello,

is any chance to change display time format from 12h to 24h on front panel next to wheather ?

Thx for good roms :)

See a few pgs back for a quick fix :)

ock_alphaUI.cab

I just want to say thanks Ock for the wonderful roms... Please continue your great work in making Omnia more functional and adaptive.

BTW, I had problems in using the download links to the earlier ROMs (not the new alpha UI) particularly with M2D and Classic. Is this just me? Sorry I havent looked at earlier posts...

Which link do you have problems with?

Hi,

please help.

Try using JWMD icon changer to change its icon first. Or you can try the solution I wrote a pg or two back - press the side menu hardkey to launch Showcase after you pick the shortcut, and you switch to the window titled "Select Icon file"

same problem here, no clock in home screen, looked in remove program's and the "ock alphaui" is not there !?!

Also problems with icons of programs not being able to find them.

But it's still a amazing Rom !! :)

Install this cab and soft reset.

hi, what a great work man, keep it up!

also can you release a version that we can install the software by myself, it seems that some of the softwares are useless for me.

another thing is that can someone tell me what is the city code of Hong Kong, i don't know the city code, thanks a lot!!

See my first post on how to add a city.

It's 2165352 fyi.

@OCK:

If i have a missed call, i don't see the blue 1 symbol in the middle phone symbol. Only in the top task bar.

Is this right so?

May be, we can solved this with a cab or reg entry?

Thanks!!

I've moved on to something else and can't confirm this, can someone give it a check?

hi everybody!

i am from Austria so sry for my bad english^^

i flashed JN´s Rom (with Ocks rltoday) but now i will change to an clean rom!

is there a cab do install Ock´s rlToday on a clean rom? or a tutorial?

lg

Here you go

Hello,

First of all a big thank you to you Ock for cooking so well, I would like to give some feedback on this new alphaUI interface.

The four way navigation is brilliant, its a bit like spb mobile shell but seems more stable than spb, in my opinion the aUI layout looks much better.

It is great to have access to shortcuts on the main screen.

That's for the positives, on the down side, maybe it is due to my lack of knowledge but I havent managed to customise the softkey buttons (phone) and (camera) as well as the 3 other menu button (prog, nitogen, agenda) I unserstand that they are an alternative to the 4 way navigations but for those happy to use the 4 way navigation it would be great to add extra function on the home screen.

I usually configure the softkey button to USB connection as I often need to switch from active synch to usb mass storage device.

I have noticed two little bugs so far:

1) after running IGO8 it added a line to the today screen this has cause the main home screen to be expanded and the bar to scroll up and down was present on the right handside of the screen I then removed XIA multithem from today went back to the home screen and still it was impossible to untick the line IGO8 had added.

2) I have installed the wifirouter cab on the device, got the message installed successfully but I am still to find it on my device. I have looked everywhere...

Ok that's it from me, thank again ocks for the release, if there is any way to customise further the home screen that would be great.

Cheerio :)

1) see my above explanation.

2) Looks like the cab file may not contain the shortcut, try looking in the tools folder too.

Hello,

I've tested the new aplhaUI Rom and i really like the keyboard..

Is there any possibility to get it as a CAB-installation?

greets Tak3r

Will try to upload one :)

Guest condorx
Windows Mobile doesn't really store appointments in the registry if I've not mistaken, you can take a look at HKCU\Software\ApptEx though, which is created by apptx.exe when you open the calendar/agenda panel

I guess HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Appointments\HomeScreen\Start Time is what he was looking for, but the time is in binary format, so we'd need a script to convert the binary text into something easier to understand (someone at XDA already did it).

Your suggestion is just easier to implement, and solves another problem: using the apptex keys we can have the next appointment on the home screen regardless of its date (not only if it's today or tomorrow, which is the standard WM behavior).

screen01n.png

Only problem is that the appointments on the home screen won't update unless you open the agenda panel! :)

EDIT:

Ok, maybe we have a compromise.

On the home screen will always be shown the next appointment, with date and time, but it won't be updated automatically.

- click on the agenda pane title bar: update

- click on the appointment: update + opens calendar

Also, I removed automatic appointments refreshing in the agenda panel:

- click on the agenda title bar: update

- click on appointments: update + opens calendar

Anyone interested, my skin.xml is attached (with shortcuts on the bottom bar), and the original one is here too, in case you're in trouble or you don't like the result. :)

skin_original.xml

skin.xml

Edited by condorx

Guest beaver 2010

Ock...how to change all today's Icons and weather, because I still like manila weather. at the moment the icon is very boring....(sorry)...

Guest Korai

Hi all!

First of all, sorry for my bad english! ( I am Hungarian)

Next: I really like the alpha UI.

But I have a problem. If I put the headphones in the Omnia, and I start the iGo 8, it's audio routs changes to the headphone.

Is there a way or a cab file, what change the audio back to the internal speaker?

In a ROM I'd seen a special wireless manager, what could make my phone to internet acces point, or change my settings to aeroplane mode etc. Could I install this thing to OCK's ROM?

Thanks for your help! ;)

Guest zhouzhaoyu

hello, ock.Firstly I love your rom, it's beautiful.

I can not update the weather even when I enter the right citycode. I think the reason is that I am in China and the phone can not reach weather.yahooapis.com.

So what can I do? Would u tell me how to change the sourse of weather forcast ?

ockroms.png 

I've been following the discussions here on Modaco, and have been reading up various sources on how to cook up a custom rom. After gathering some of the wisdom and knowledge from other helpful rom chefs, I'm happy to present my roms for the i900 Omnia.

Having problems with keyboards, M2D etc? Remember to read my second post, where you can find solutions to common problems you may encounter, such as problems with M2D Home Weather, Wifi etc. And don't forget your best friend Google. If there's a particular issue you can't resolve, post it here and I'll try to get back to you within 3 working days :) .

And to help you pick a suitable rom, check out this handy chart which I've put together following feedback from our friends here. Also check out Sb.'s post on the different build branches.

Trying a custom rom for the first time? Read up Sector's guide first, and follow it up with tips from Angel's collection. It's a good idea to backup your contacts, messages etc before each flash.

Build 23569

alphaUI.png

Introducing... alphaUI, a brand new theme made for XIAMultiTheme (XMT) :(

After my GTX release, I decided to take a look at alternative UIs, and XMT caught my eye for its customisability. alphaUI features a program launcher written entirely using XML and MSCR files, a showcase of the flexibility of XMT and Mortscript.

Built-in gesture support means each of the 4 panels is one swipe away. Flicking down on the home screen brings down the Music panel, while the Launcher panel can be "pulled" up from the home screen. The Quick Settings and Agenda panels are to the left and right of the home screen. Do note that only portrait mode is supported.

Programs-wise, it contains most of the apps from my Premium Roms, except HTC Album.

Features:

- Gesture support for navigating between panels

- Music panel (BETA) with album art support

- 3-page Launcher panel that holds up to 36 shortcuts, just swipe to switch screens

- Quick Settings panel for access to common controls

- Agenda panel displaying 4 of your upcoming appointments

- Quick notification icons displaying new sms, emails, missed calls and tasks

- Entirely Mortscript and XML based - customise it the way you want

What's new:

- Added Brazil phone config

What's changed:

- Made minor edits to icons

What's fixed:

- Fixed issue with missing left softkey when BT is on.

Updated: 13th June 2010

Free Storage: 117 MB

Free memory: 60 MB

Download: Mediafire (92 MB)

Credits:

stefanux - XIAMultiTheme

Mirko Schenk - Mortscript

Axman - apptx.exe

~LavAna - Weather icons

Quick FAQs:

1) How can I change the wallpaper?

Disable the XIAMultiTheme plugin by going to Start-Settings-Home-Items, then copy a 240x400 png file named "home.png" into \Program Files\XIAMultiTheme\themes\ock_alphaUI\Images\Wallpapers\

Similarly, wall1.png, wall2.png and wall3.png can be overwritten if you want to have different backgrounds for the 3 program launcher screens

2) How can I edit or remove a shortcut I added to the Home panel/ Launcher panel?

Simply tap and hold an icon and select the relevant option.

3) How can I quickly add lots of programs to the program launcher? The Launcher panel closes after I add each one.

Tap and hold on the add icon and the Launcher panel will stay open after you add each shortcut.

4) Why doesn't the album art update?

Due to some technical issues, XMT can't use the album art directly from Nitrogen. The album art thus does not update if you skip a song using Nitrogen. Opening and closing the Music panel will refresh the album art.

5) Why does the song title appear glitched when skipping songs via gestures?

This occurs sometimes and may be due to the way screen refreshing is done. Using the button controls doesn't cause this issue.

6) Why does my screen turn itself off when I try to turn it on?

You are most likely using S2U2. Close Nitrogen before locking your device. If you're listening to music, you can use the screen off button in the Music panel.

7) Why doesn't my appointments show up on my Home panel?

Only the next appointment occurring within a day are shown, a standard behaviour of WM's appointment registry keys. The Appointment panel however can show the next 4 appointments.

8) How can I update the weather status?

Tap on the weather icon and enter you city code.

You can find out you city code by going to Yahoo weather and searching your city under "Enter city or zip code:" If I search "New York" for example, a new page will load with the numbers 2459115 in the url. This will be your city code.

To reconfigure your city, simply tap and hold on the weather icon.

9) Can I use the Music Panel with S2P/ WMP/ HTC AudioManager?

Only Nitrogen is supported.

Big THANKS to all who donated!

Thanks for all your support :D

• Chandan
  • Sapunkov
  • netutopic
  • amb123
  • chris (mpayne)
  • X-Pro
  • Kev23
  • Daniel Neugebauer
  • Árgyélus
  • skoda60

Thanks also to everyone who has encouraged me with your kind words ;)

CREDITS:

Recipe providers:

PaSSoA

Shokka

Nicklashidegard

Pots and pans and other tools from:

bepe - Platform Rebuilder

Jason8/ Racer7 -CAB Converter tool

pako777 - I900 EXECUTOR and camera fix

sztupy - SYAKR Tool and Favorite Hackings

Vistang - wonderful Visual Kitchen

bikertibi - tshres patcher

Ingredients by:

Da_G, DFT, Monkeybape- New rom builds

rtomakov, waremike32 - Advice and Rom build re-uploads

Jeffrey2000 - Great-looking W7 Premium theme

gfandrea - GFX Theme

amarullz - Fantastic BlueBlack Windows Theme

m.carroll - PureBlack theme

Omar Junior, Zubnik, Weirdo - wonderful M2D skins

htctoucher - great M2Dv1 skin

thekevster - For his great work on action screen tab

Jumba - M2D theme tweaks

Dinik - Great icons!

younxt - Great GTX icon set

Sb - Hi-quality icons

Zitoun - More icons

escobol - Grey Samsung Keyboard skin

DJ Pete - Sense Lockscreen

bgill55/bga7x - Russian Black skins

Paul - for modaco.com, and fantastic support for us chefs

Sector - Amazing porting work and roms

zemrwhite2 - rotation animation tricks

Hosting and Mirrors by:

Sinaaa - Many thanks for providing me web hosting.

fense - Freakshare mirrors!

advancedpcs - Direct downloads. Yipee!

Not forgetting...

All rom chefs (including but not limited to : Khuanchai, Sector, Ryrzy, Nicklashidegard, lexuz, Mr Hammer etc) for their hard work, advice and inspiration.

A special shout-out to fellow new chefs cruddasj, MAMBO04, Bruno Adler, DelBossco, steff195. I didn't have time to try out your roms, but can see from the screenshots that you guys are doing a wonderful job. Keep it up and hope to see more cool stuff!

Guest Daniel Gava
Thank you pal!

I'm sharing the very first attempt: just little home screen tweaking

screen01ji.png

Anyone interested: replace skin.xml in "program files\XIAMultiTheme\themes\ock_alphaUI" and bottombar.png in "program files\XIAMultiTheme\themes\ock_alphaUI\images\home"

Nice work Condorx.

I've made a more transparent and rounded corners BottomBar. Follow down.

post-601532-1276704542_thumb.png

Guest Daniel Gava
I guess HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\Appointments\HomeScreen\Start Time is what he was looking for, but the time is in binary format, so we'd need a script to convert the binary text into something easier to understand (someone at XDA already did it).

Your suggestion is just easier to implement, and solves another problem: using the apptex keys we can have the next appointment on the home screen regardless of its date (not only if it's today or tomorrow, which is the standard WM behavior).

screen01n.png

Only problem is that the appointments on the home screen won't update unless you open the agenda panel! ;)

EDIT:

On the home screen will always be shown the next appointment, with date and time, but it won't be updated automatically.

Anyone interested, my skin.xml is attached (with shortcuts on the bottom bar), and the original one is here too, in case you're in trouble or you don't like the result. :(

The recurrent events are not been showed... Any solution?

Edit:

Correcting: The recurrent events are been showed. But the birthdays of the contacts are not (weren't with OCK's skin.xml also...)

Edited by Daniel Gava

Guest bmw992009
Hi,

please help.

;)

same problems,its working only with the installed programs in ROM,any aditional program doesnt work..it shows me just the name(no icon).

after soft reset and hard reset same problems...OCK do u know why?

Guest holybabel
EDIT:

Anyone interested, my skin.xml is attached (with shortcuts on the bottom bar), and the original one is here too, in case you're in trouble or you don't like the result. ;)

Hey condorx,

tested your xml, but now my shortcuts on the homescreen are messed up (see Attachment)

greetings holybabel

post-588382-1276706714_thumb.jpg

Guest Sony_Simon

@Ock

this ock_tlToday_skin.cab is only the theme? or is the today plugin in this cab too?

in the cab ock_alphaUI.cab is the alphaUI today plugin?

they have only a few kb so that wondering me?

lg

Guest Korai

Now I have fond my previous message xD but I leave this one too...

"

I have sent this message... but it won't shown up for some reason :S so again:

Hi all!

First of all: I really like the alpha UI, and your new ROM ock!

But I have some problem: - If my headphone is plugged in, the iGo 8.3 audio routes changes to the headphone. Is there a cab or any solution what could change the audio route to the internal speaker? (headphones are needed for the OmniaTMC)

And, I want to install for the xt9 a hungarian language dll. How could I insert it to the touch input?

The last: I have seen a modified wireless manager, where I could change to aeroplane mode, and it's also could makes my phone to an internet acces point. Could I install it into that OCK's ROM?

Sorry for my bad english (I am a Hungarian student ;) )

And thanks for all of your advices and help!"

Edited by Korai