OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

HELLO EVERY1

I M NEWBEE.... IVE GOT OMNIA i900 INDIA PDA-i900DDHJ2/DDHJ2..PHONE i900DDHJ2....HOW CAN I UPDATE FRM 6.1 TO 6.5???????????? PLSSSSSSSS HELP...I TRIED 2 UPDATE WITH "ock_TitaniumPremium_23129" BT CANT SEE "START" BUTTEN RUNNING............PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HELP MEEEEEE????????????????????? THNXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edited by vansh

Guest chandanbs

@Vansh.. why do you have to post the entire OCK's first post here.. its so annoying.. why dont you just add a reply here with just your words? No one will ever listen to your requests if you paste unwanted .. already posted screens here.

Pls keep your questions only on the reply.

Kitchen Release

Read my guide to get started. Experiment at your own risk :D

Download (93 MB)

ock Eclipse "expansion pack"

Archives ___________________

Check my blog for my older roms :P

Tips _______________________

Using XDA_UC to install programs automatically

My roms include a customised (with progress bar :P ) version of XDA_UC. Here's how you can automate cab installations. Do note that some cabs that require user input (press a button to accept terms etc.) are not supported (yet :D ).

1. Create a folder named "XDA_UC" under "My Storage" or under your storage card. Put all your cab files inside.

2. That's all! Tap on the screen to begin after flashing, and the cab installation will start soon. It will soft-reset once done. If it hangs, just note the cab file it hangs at, and reset your phone manually. Move the cab causing the problem to a "SD" subfolder inside XDA_UC.

Can't connect to Internet or GPRS/ NoData generates some funny error

1. Go to Settings > Connections > Operator Settings

2. Switch to a different operator from your current operator and press OK.

3. Wait a few seconds for the wait cursor to disappear, and switch back to your original operator again.

If the above doesn't work, try this:

Go to Settings > Connections > Connections > Advanced > Select Networks

At " Programs automatically connects to Internet using ... ", choose My Internet instead of My ISP.

(Thanks lieuliau)

I can't update weather status

Try the operator trick listed above. If it doesn't work, it may mean the servers are down - the weather tab and the homescreen use different weather servers. Simply try again later.

You can also try a workaround that uses info pulled from the weather tab instead.

Photo and Music tabs are not working

I've removed them from my M2Dv2 build. Install these cabs.

How to I enable video calls?

Use FavHackings to enable the dialer skin, then soft reset.

My start menu/ Homescreen becomes a mess when I scroll

Set a wallpaper first, and soft reset.

When I send an sms, the recipient receives ?????????

In Messaging, go to --> Tools --> Options --> Messaging --> Select "Use Unicode when necessary"

GoogleMaps crashes when I enable GPS

Fixed in roms updated from Apr 10 onwards. For older roms (or if you're still experiencing crashes), install this cab to device and soft reset.

XDA_UC doesn't start/ encounters an error

Go to Tools and tap "Autorun" to restart it. If the shortcut isn't there, try a soft reset.

My Omnia keeps rebooting non-stop

Uncheck "Format Device's Internal Hard Disk" when you run the exe to flash

Where's Samsung Keyboard?

I've removed it from my UL and TitaniumClassic build. Install this cab with Escobol's skin.

Why can't I use T9 in Premium's Samsung Keyboard?

Install this cab and soft reset.

I can't set a keyboard as the default

Try using SIPChange

White squares appear in GoogelMaps and Youtube

How can I add other programs to the program tab in M2D? The list only shows a few items.

Simply scroll down the list by flicking upwards to see more apps.

I used M2DC to add more buttons to the program tab in M2D, but they don't work

It seems 18 program shortcuts is the optimum number for M2D.

Youtube doesn't start/ encounters a connection error

Set your time and clock, and try again.

Enable feedback when using optical navigation keys

Install this cab.

Can't read Chinese characters

Install kaidi font by tim1979

Launch Phonebook from Titanium homescreen (TitaniumClassic only)

Install this cab

How can I launch OmniaLite phonebook from M2D's people tab?

Install this cab

Why is the camera font bold and ugly?

This occurs only on certain builds. Try my fix (beta), which rotates your screen and then launches Camera

Certain apps like S2U2 doesn't seem to detect my taps

Install this cab

The camera button doesn't work

This is due to the EZInput keyboard in some Premium builds. Install this fix.

After recording a video, I get an error when previewing or playing the file

This is due to a new library updating service in some builds (Especially 235xx). Install this fix to solve this. This fix is included in my roms.

How can I disable rotation animation?

Install this cab and soft reset. Thanks zemrwhite2!

How can I get back the default SMS skin?

How can I get small icons in start menu?

How can I get back the default calendar?

How can I disable the sliding lockscreen?

Install this cab to disable it and get back the old "tap to unlock" screen.

How can I get back a sliding lockscreen without the Sense clock?

Install this cab

How can I disable the Samsung Volume Control?

Install this cab to get back the WM default volume control.

How can I disable the vibration feedback in TouchInput?

Install this cab

How can I disable the M2D weather?

Install this cab

How can I minimise programs when pressing the X button?

Install this cab

Goodies _______________________

I've gotten DINIK's permission to cook his Anastasia Icon Set and have in fact planned to, but it seems some icons weren't changed.

I've thus not cooked these icons in, but I've packaged a special cab for those who like his icons to try out on my roms. Tested on Premium, should work for my other roms too. I can't guarantee complete compatibility with other roms though, due to different start menu layouts other chefs may use. Thanks also to AnnPhe for introducing Dinik's brilliant work to Modaco. Use JWMD icon changer to change other icons you may have.

DINIK%20Anastasia%20Icons.png

Download

DJ Pete's lockscreen

SenseLS.png

Download

EZInput keyboard

Portrait only. Note that once installed it can't be removed easily.

Download

Enable vibration feedback

====================

HELLO EVERY1

I M NEWBEE.... IVE GOT OMNIA i900 INDIA PDA-i900DDHJ2/DDHJ2..PHONE i900DDHJ2....HOW CAN I UPDATE FRM 6.1 TO 6.5???????????? PLSSSSSSSS HELP...I TRIED 2 UPDATE WITH "ock_TitaniumPremium_23129" BT CANT SEE "START" BUTTEN RUNNING............PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HELP MEEEEEE????????????????????? THNXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DEAR OCK.........I USE OMNIA I900 INDIA...PDA : I900DDHJ2/DDHJ2...PHONEI900DDHJ2.......... I DOWNLOADED UR UPDATE BT CANT UPDATE....I TRIED ALL UR INSTRUCTIONS...BT DOWNLOADR DOESNT...HIGHLIGHT ON START....PLSSSSSSSSSSS HELP

i m SORRY...I M NEW.DUN USE IT MUCH....WILL REMBR TAT....

DEAR OCK.........I USE OMNIA I900 INDIA...PDA : I900DDHJ2/DDHJ2...PHONEI900DDHJ2.......... I DOWNLOADED UR UPDATE BT CANT UPDATE....I TRIED ALL UR INSTRUCTIONS...BT DOWNLOADR DOESNT...HIGHLIGHT ON START....PLSSSSSSSSSSS HELP

i m SORRY...I M NEW.DUN USE IT MUCH....WILL REMBR TAT....

HELLO EVERY1

Hi Ock!

:P

I'm always using 240x400 pictures.

with your original wallpaper working good everything

if i change the wallpaper with pictures & videos application or resco photo manager the problem is present

during application changing the pics, screen or apps going freeze (reset)

wallpaper changed

when i change titanium to m2d in general freeze the screen

when i change apperance eclipsegrey to classic blue in general freeze again

but! it is not a big problem! just interesting.

your roms is the best for me! :lol:

Regards,

Imre

ps. sorry for my bad english! :D

Hi ityi1964, I'm not sure what could be the cause, I'm investigating some issues with M2DC hanging though, so maybe I can find a fix for yours in the process.

Hello ock. I am very thankful for your hard work. I have used Eclipse rom and I was really happy with it, but soon I got a little concerned about the usage of memory and went to Titanium premium. Excellent Rom for me, but one thing is missing - the grate touchinput keyboard with landscape support. Can you please be so kind and post a cab for us here, that we could use the kb in other of your roms. Thank you in advance

Try a search for Rugal_Ezinput_2.1_WQVGA_Full_Layouts.cab, it works perfectly for me :D

Time to say goodbye to my trusty Samsung i900 and to say HELLO to the New Samsung Galaxy s i9000.

I would like to thank especially OCK for producing some great ROM's and to all that we able to answer my questions.

See you all on the other side ;-)

Thanks and will join you there :P May try to learn some Android programming basics :lol:

hi.... can somebody tell how to put another language?

Hi ujori, most of the info will still be in English, though you can go to start-settings-regional to change to a different country.

Hello hello.

Well have to say, from all the roms i've tried so far, ock by far has the smoothest and most stable. I was impressed with shokka as well but I kept getting massive errors.

I just have two questions.

Is there a way to remove java and replace it with another? I hate jblend but jbed gives me everything i want as I want it.

Also, is there a way to stop the internet from disconnecting on it's own? I've looked through the settings, I've adjust all com manages to always keep the internet on even if not in use and still each time I switch the phone to lock screen or the screen eventually goes off by itself, the internet will disconnect after a minute or so. Very annoying if you're on an IM or something similiar such as an mmo.

Thanks in advance for any advice. O yes, i'm using your ock_Premium_23129 rom.

I'm still considering the ock_Eclipse_23118 but not sure if i should switch. I kinda love this current rom since everything is pretty much working as I want it except for the internet and java. However if there is no solution to my problem, i'll keep switching until i find the perfect rom.

Thanks again.

jBed can be safely installed, unfortunately there's no easy way to removed cooked stuff. For the internet, do you mean data connections through your plan, or wifi? Wifi switches off whenever it goes to standby, try this for a possible fix

can I install DarkNinja and pin12's Android toolbar on the m2d version? And if so, how? Thanks in advance!

Yup,shouldn't be an issue, just download the correct WQVGA versions and install the cabs, then soft reset.

Btw... Any idea, anyone, HOW CAN I change the icons of "Operator" tab with other, mine? Also, how can I (if I want) to replace these "Operator" tab applications with others?

Saw your PM, here's how to:

1. Use a registry editor such as CeRegEditor and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Operator

2. You'll see sub keys corresponding to the 9 buttons.

3. Replace/ rename the relevant paths

IconPath: image for icon

Path: exe/file to link to

DispName: display label

You may need to restart M2D for changes to take effect.

Hello ock. I am very thankful for your hard work.

I have used Eclipse rom and I was really happy with it.

I want to ask you if in the future your plans include a software based on Windows Phone 7? (maybe on Christmas :lol: )

It would not be possible due to the steep hardware requirements, there are many custom UIs that allow you to have a similar look though.

Well it finally came right. I flashed to other roms but they annoyed me so last night I flashed 5 different roms and each one annoyed me somehow so eventually I went back to your premium rom and viola, everything works. The internet runs fine without ever disconnecting suddenly and all the apps are back to normal. Well not flashing again, i'm loving this rom. Unless I buy a win 7 phone then of course after a month or so it will have to be flashed ha ha

Glad you like it :D

Hi OCK.

Still loving the M2D Rom.

Installed samsung keyboard to solve my problem, but I want to use the Ezinput.

Have you found a solution for the add word problem I am having?

The Ezinput doesnt save the new words to the dictionary.

Thanks

DJ :D

Hi thedj81, this is on my todo list, but I've not had time to start on it, will take a look towards the end of the year....

Hi! Who can help me? I use 23129 M2D and my phone not vibrates, just when scree is rotating. No vibration to any incoming calls or sms works. What is the problem? Thanks

Have you tried adjusting the notifications settings? By default it doesn't vibrate if I recall.

Hi,

I'm using wm 6.5.3 23129 and I noticed an 'issue': the engineering mode is not supported (*#9090#, *#2580# etc).

All cooked ROM are NOT supporting this secret menu???

Can anyone who has this wm release check this out? I'm new around here :P

10x

PS. 23129 dosen't have FM radio, recorder and maybe others I didn't check

Here are the test exes, unzip and copy to \Windows

I'm using a different version, recorder is not in M2D version, FMRadio should be in though. You can also install then from cabs.

A few question from the OCK Chef

When will you fix the Manila v2 Landscape mode?

where are you setting the ani_poweron.gif, ani_poweroff.gif in registry?

I need this information so I can implement in on my JWMD Icon Changer.

Thanks in advance!

Nice to see you here, just replied to your PM. May take a look at it but as you mention it would take a fair bit of time...

HELLO EVERY1

Have you read through Sector's guide first? It seems a bit overwhelming to me at first but it's quite safe and easy if you follow the steps :D

Guest warhamer2
Try a search for Rugal_Ezinput_2.1_WQVGA_Full_Layouts.cab, it works perfectly for me

Thanks ock for your reply, I have already installed it, but I am not satisfied enough cause configuration program and input options doesnt work for me , and thou I cant make phonepad on portrait and qwerty on landscape at one time. Also there are some wrong key mappings in landscape. Sad, that I am not capable do fix it myself...

Any suggestions please?

Edited by warhamer2

hi OCK...

hiiiiiiiii i wanna update ma omnia 6.1 to 6.5...i followd all da proper instructions suggested by modaco..i ve tried few roms bt tat doesnt work...its doesnt evn start(start remains unhighlighted).

i use OMNIA i900 INDIA PDA-i900DDHJ2/DDHJ2..PHONE i900DDHJ2..........ne help will b appreciated...thnxxxxxxxxxx

Guest andrew.mazlim
Saw your PM, here's how to:

1. Use a registry editor such as CeRegEditor and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Operator

2. You'll see sub keys corresponding to the 9 buttons.

3. Replace/ rename the relevant paths

IconPath: image for icon

Path: exe/file to link to

DispName: display label

You may need to restart M2D for changes to take effect.

THxs, I corrected them!

Guest iyancoolbgt

I just wondering, is there a way to adjust on M2D SMS and Emails tabs where after viewing an email or a text message on the main screen the counter on the tab register it as viewed without having to actually open the inbox ?

I figured this out cause sometimes just by seeing the email from the tab on main screen I can see the whole mail, so no need to actually open it. But I just have to open it only to make the counter disappear :D

any possibilities?? I'm using Ock eclipse, thanks for your support :P

Guest rodinho
Hi OCK

How r u and ur studies..?

my i900 is living with ur eclipse ROm :P

screenshot1kx.png

thanks

How can i give this coloured look to my ock's eclipse rom???Thank's in advance!

Guest andrew.mazlim

I'm writing this post here too, as I'm looking for some help with "Operator"("Action") and "Launcher" tab's buttons...

I want them (the empty buttons) to be 35% TRANSPARENT, so when I'll set/put some applications' icons (transparent too), to be able and can watching the BACKGROUND wallpaper through them!

I made the icons I want transparent, but when I placed/linked them with the "Operator"("Action") & "Launcher" tab, the icons are not transparent any more - probably because the basic button's graph is BLACK without transparency.

So, what am I suppose to do???

Any help?

Guest mehdivinci

hi every body..

first thanks OCK for your excellent rom..

but just two things:

1- the messaginge part in your rom are stile have some problems and my phone hang a lot on it , What can i do for that?

2- Do you have any plane to work on WM7 for omnia 1?

PLZZZZZZZZ for all omnia lovers do that...

plzzzzzzzz....!!

hi every body..

first thanks OCK for your excellent rom..

but just two things:

1- the messaginge part in your rom are stile have some problems and my phone hang a lot on it , What can i do for that?

2- Do you have any plane to work on WM7 for omnia 1?

PLZZZZZZZZ for all omnia lovers do that...

plzzzzzzzz....!!

Dear mehdivinci,

1) Your windows phone will hang sometimes, not "A LOT", as you stated before. Windows Mobile v6.5 is not a perfect mobile OS that never crashs.

Soft reset is your best friend.

2) Windows 7 will never be available, or even possible to run on our "Old" Omnia ... therefore NO Windows mobile 7 on our Omnia's.

hello friends.. i used a lot of m2d based roms and the problem was same for all...touchflo is randomly launching itself and everytime it launches iphone today and homescreen plus disappears..i have to launch them manually and this makes me angry..really loved ocks rom please help me if there is a solution

hello friends.. i used a lot of m2d based roms and the problem was same for all...touchflo is randomly launching itself and everytime it launches iphone today and homescreen plus disappears..i have to launch them manually and this makes me angry..really loved ocks rom please help me if there is a solution

Try Chainfire Patch !

Quote : "Some devices, especially the new 2009 Omnia series from Samsung do not have a lot of memory available. Some of these are also configured to use rather aggressive memory management. The result is that you can hardly start any amount of applications (3 or 4, usually) before the system starts to shut down already running applications, while half or more of the available physical memory is not being used at all".

You can try it, HERE !

Try Chainfire Patch !

Quote : "Some devices, especially the new 2009 Omnia series from Samsung do not have a lot of memory available. Some of these are also configured to use rather aggressive memory management. The result is that you can hardly start any amount of applications (3 or 4, usually) before the system starts to shut down already running applications, while half or more of the available physical memory is not being used at all".

You can try it, HERE !

thanks opopo i'll try it...have u used it before?

OCK: Love your 23118 Eclipse rom & Thank You for still looking after us even though you have now moved on from the Samsung Omnia. . .

Any chance you could add some colour to the icons on the home page of 23118 Eclipse touch-input (as per acmjiffry)?

I am also struggling to get the weather to update on the home page even after following your instructions in the second post however the weather tab works fine. I am willing to edit the registry if you can tell me what to do to get the weather to appear on the home page. (Not sure if this helps but when I tap the weather update on the home page the system does not ask me for my location and never has and I can't use the operator trick as 3 is not an available network option under Operator Settings).

Guest mowinnie
Link for Ock's Eclipse (omnia keyboard) not working for me. Can someone help out/ confirm please :P

working...sorry.

Weather on home page also working for me in ock eclipse -touch input after setting the location thru the m2d tabs at the bottom.....

Guest kamil89fcb

Hello guys. Could somebody give mi a link or could anybody share with me ock Eclipse M2D theme?? I was looking for it but found nothing.... I`d like to stay with my current rom but also would like to change something. Thx for help

Edited by kamil89fcb