O2 MMS problems

Guest Shuflie

Guest Shuflie

Has anyone managed to get MMS working with the pulse on an O2 contract SIM? I've been all over and tried various different combinations of O2 settings that are floating about the web and just don't seem to be having any luck. I know the MMS on the phone works as it can send from the t-mobile SIM that came with it, and I can send MMS messages from my Diamond 2 with the O2 SIM, but O2 and the Pulse seems to be a no go for MMSs for me. ;)

Guest starkos

Same here mate, tried so many different APN setting but still no MMS on o2 simplicity contract ;) Not too bothered about sending them but I can't receive either! Can anyone actually receive them?

Guest flash2004
Same here mate, tried so many different APN setting but still no MMS on o2 simplicity contract ;) Not too bothered about sending them but I can't receive either! Can anyone actually receive them?

Not working for me either !!

Guest flash2004

Called O2 today and they said there is no such device as Huawei 8220 ;))

When I insisted that there is, they asked me to contact the manufacturer for MMS settings !!!

OK Ive been playing with this today. Originally I just had the o2 internet APN with the username "mobileweb". All of the MMS settings which Ive seen give a username of "o2wap". Ive changed the username to o2wap and my internet is still working, but now my pulse actually displays a "download" button next to MMS messages - and when I press it it transmits and receives data for a few seconds then displays a message saying that downloading has failed.

The solution must be a single APN with the correct settings for web and MMS in one profile - so is anyone actually using the Pulse with a T Mobile SIM and the original firmware which is working with MMS ? If so could they please post a list of the settings and their values in the working T Mobile APN. We should then be able to work out which pieces of the o2 MMS settings need to be entered into each APN setting in the profile !

Thanks !

Edited by jlgmax

Guest halfords45

Hi all got my mms working at last on o2 simlicity and pulse, you need to setup 2 apns one called t mobile and one called t mobile internet and then setup like this.

• NAME t mobile internet
  • APN wap.o2.co.uk
  • PROXY not set
  • PORT not set
  • USERNAME o2wap
  • PASSWORD password
  • SERVER not set
  • MMSC not set
  • MMS PROXY not set
  • MMS PORT not set
  • MCC 234
  • MNC 10
  • APN TYPE not set

• NAME t mobile
    • APN wap.o2.co.uk
    • PROXY not set
    • PORT not set
    • USERNAME o2wap
    • PASSWORD password
    • SERVER 193.113.200.195
    • MMSC http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    • MMS PROXY 193.113.200.195
    • MMS PORT 8080
    • MCC 234
    • MNC 10
    • APN TYPE not set
      Then go to you messages hit the download button and hurray pics and you can send as well all 100% tested and working ;)

Guest le_lutin
Hi all got my mms working at last on o2 simlicity and pulse, you need to setup 2 apns one called t mobile and one called t mobile internet and then setup like this.
  • NAME t mobile internet
  • APN wap.o2.co.uk
  • PROXY not set
  • PORT not set
  • USERNAME o2wap
  • PASSWORD password
  • SERVER not set
  • MMSC not set
  • MMS PROXY not set
  • MMS PORT not set
  • MCC 234
  • MNC 10
  • APN TYPE not set

• NAME t mobile
    • APN wap.o2.co.uk
    • PROXY not set
    • PORT not set
    • USERNAME o2wap
    • PASSWORD password
    • SERVER 193.113.200.195
    • MMSC http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    • MMS PROXY 193.113.200.195
    • MMS PORT 8080
    • MCC 234
    • MNC 10
    • APN TYPE not set

Then go to you messages hit the download button and hurray pics and you can send as well all 100% tested and working ;)

Thanks a million for this.

EDIT: Sorry, so does that mean that you have 2 APNs in total? The only one I have so far is mobile.o2.co.uk. Should I delete this and replace it with these?

Which is your default one now? Does the fact that they both have "wap" in them affect 3g at all?

Edited by le_lutin

Guest halfords45
If anyone has a solution for vodafone I'd be glad to here it?

I get a download button in the mms but it fails when I click it.

hi it will be the same you need 2 apns tiltled t mobile and t mobile internet and setup for the vodaphone settings which you should find on the net or this forum

Guest halfords45
Thanks a million for this.

EDIT: Sorry, so does that mean that you have 2 APNs in total? The only one I have so far is mobile.o2.co.uk. Should I delete this and replace it with these?

Which is your default one now? Does the fact that they both have "wap" in them affect 3g at all?

the 3g icon comes on and the default is t mobile internet.

Guest starkos
Hi all got my mms working at last on o2 simlicity and pulse

Well done for getting it working mate, unfortunately still not working for me ;) Do you have a custom rom installed, if so which one? And are the setting you've provided definitely the same as what's working on your phone?

Cheers

Guest halfords45
Well done for getting it working mate, unfortunately still not working for me ;) Do you have a custom rom installed, if so which one? And are the setting you've provided definitely the same as what's working on your phone?

Cheers

no custom rom just unlocked by t mobile with o2 simplicity sim which i think comes under post pay (contract)

Guest starkos
no custom rom just unlocked by t mobile with o2 simplicity sim which i think comes under post pay (contract)

Ahh, i've got Paul's U8230 Rom installed so I wonder if that's affecting it, guess I'll just have to wait and see if anyone else with a custom rom can get it working..

cheers for your help anyway mate

nope doesn't work for me and I'm using the stock firmware (rooted) with a I sim 2008.

I'm using an I SIM and the MoDaCo 1.4.1 firmware....treble checked the settings but still getting the "download was unsuccessful" error message ;)

Guest halfords45
I'm using an I SIM and the MoDaCo 1.4.1 firmware....treble checked the settings but still getting the "download was unsuccessful" error message ;)

What advantage does a custom rom give you? new to the android stuff and was surfing to get help to sort mms out which i have now done but there seems to be a problem still with you guys with custom roms.

Guest Shuflie

OK, tried out the stock ROM + unlocked Pluse with halfords45's setting exactly at show and its a no go on a O2 contract SIM. Can you double and triple check your settings to make sure I'm using the same ones as you?

Guest Minus616

Hey

I'm still having problems with my MMS on my Pulse, I have a Text and Web Sim from o2.

I can use the internet, however I still can't send or receive MMS :) my APN settings are:

# NAME - o2 UK payandgo

# APN - Payandgo.o2.co.uk

# PROXY - not set

# PORT - 8080

# USERNAME - vertigo

# PASSWORD - not set

# SERVER - 193.113.200.195

# MMSC - http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

# MMS - PROXY 193.113.200.195

# MMS - PORT 8080

# MCC - 234

# MNC - 10

# APN TYPE - not set

Guest Wharf82
Hey

I'm still having problems with my MMS on my Pulse, I have a Text and Web Sim from o2.

I can use the internet, however I still can't send or receive MMS :) my APN settings are:

# NAME - o2 UK payandgo

# APN - Payandgo.o2.co.uk

# PROXY - not set

# PORT - 8080

# USERNAME - vertigo

# PASSWORD - not set

# SERVER - 193.113.200.195

# MMSC - http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

# MMS - PROXY 193.113.200.195

# MMS - PORT 8080

# MCC - 234

# MNC - 10

# APN TYPE - not set

Ditto for me too, although I'm using the Postpay (contract) settings as documented on previous page. Are you using the cupcake custom rom? I am. It appears other people running the custom rom have this issue with O2 MMS too. I wonder if this is defo the 'pattern' to the problem? It would be extremely helpful if anyone could confirm that they have got O2 MMS working on the custom rom!

Guest Minus616
Ditto for me too, although I'm using the Postpay (contract) settings as documented on previous page. Are you using the cupcake custom rom? I am. It appears other people running the custom rom have this issue with O2 MMS too. I wonder if this is defo the 'pattern' to the problem? It would be extremely helpful if anyone could confirm that they have got O2 MMS working on the custom rom!

Well I think I'm running a custom rom.....I got this phone for christmas from e-mail and it was already rooted, apparantly its running:

ModaCo Custom ROM Version 1.1.

Whatever that means ;)

I have been playing about with the settings shown on the previouse page (But using payandgo settings rather than contact) and I get nowt. But I do have an old phone with the same settings, so it must be something to do with the custom rom :)