Happy New Year:B7610 Custom ROM V2Final released,big difference!

Guest gabby2009

Guest laurenze88

Whats better in this rom? Is it much faster or why should we install this rom? What advantages has this rom?

What are the perceptions of this rom? Please let me know

probable i will install this rom in my break of work

Whats better in this rom? Is it much faster or why should we install this rom? What advantages has this rom?

What are the perceptions of this rom? Please let me know

probable i will install this rom in my break of work

tad bit more ram, less time booting thats about all the noticeable difference.

btw, does someone have the Swyp cab ? if someone could give it to gabby maybe he could cook it in the next rom !

swype is english

why have they changed the dialining screen and even the chinese site name is given on start up,these r 2 errors oterwise its fine i have to flash back to sekany 6.5 rom

Guest Bokun23

This is very interesting. I don'nt like all that stuff that samsung has put on it. In the thread of the omnia II there are some register tweaks, are you putting those as well in the ROM?

Looking forward to a clean, stable and much free memory ROM

Keep it up.

why have they changed the dialining screen and even the chinese site name is given on start up,these r 2 errors oterwise its fine i have to flash back to sekany 6.5 rom

i dont have a problem with the site but i do miss the samsung dialer or specifically de record button...

so could you please put the samsung dialer back ?

Edited by vjin

Guest gabby2009
i dont have a problem with the site but i do miss the samsung dialer or specifically de record button...

so could you please put the samsung dialer back ?

to let the samsung dialpad back,just need change one reg value:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:0

change 0 to 1

to let the samsung dialpad back,just need change one reg value:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:0

change 0 to 1

i think ill wait for it to be fixed in beta3. regedit gives me a "accesdenied".

something else i would love to see in beta3 is the samsung lockscreen from wm6.1 ;)

(and since the TouchUI is gone, there is also no need anymore for the "widgets" directory in program files)

=edit=

btw, could you make beta3 without the titanium and samsung menu? (maybe a cab for the ones who want it) because i use spb shell and i bet lots of other people do the same... so titanium and the samsung menu use the memory but are not being used

thank you for the things you do for this community !

Edited by vjin

Guest gabby2009

something else i would love to see in beta3 is the samsung lockscreen from wm6.1 ;)

(and since the TouchUI is gone, there is also no need anymore for the "widgets" directory in program files)

=edit=

btw, could you make beta3 without the titanium and samsung menu? (maybe a cab for the ones who want it) because i use spb shell and i bet lots of other people do the same... so titanium and the samsung menu use the memory but are not being used

remove samsung menu is no problem,but by moving which app instead of the button?

and a samsung dialpad settings app(include turn on/off dialpad and video call) will in v1

Edited by gabby2009

remove samsung menu is no problem,but by moving which app instead of the button?

and a samsung dialpad settings app(include turn on/off dialpad and video call) will in v1

great! and the other app doesnt matter because ill assign it to tomtom anyway ;)

will you also remove titanium home ?

Guest gabby2009
great! and the other app doesnt matter because ill assign it to tomtom anyway ;)

will you also remove titanium home ?

samsung touchUI is not gone

you can reopen it in settings

=edit=

I second that, infact I can live without the shiny preloaded skins and even Sammi's default ui (most difficult task). Something like a nude ROM would be great thing to work!

Thanks a tonne for your efforts Gabby!

Guest gabby2009
already in beta2..........

people all have there's own usages customs,beta1-beta3(v1Final) are B7610's lite roms,so it will not contains too many 3rd apps

i just decided includes 2 additional apps in v1.0:

SDK 2.0.cab

swype input.cab

notice:they are just cab files,i put them in \temp dictionary,you can install it by your own.

otherwise,the auto rotate app,call setting app, which are necessory tools,you can use it by tap startmenu

people all have there's own usages customs,beta1-beta3(v1Final) are B7610's lite roms,so it will not contains too many 3rd apps

i just decided includes 2 additional apps in v1.0:

SDK 2.0.cab

swype input.cab

notice:they are just cab files,i put them in \temp dictionary,you can install it by your own.

otherwise,the auto rotate app,call setting app, which are necessory tools,you can use it by tap startmenu

Sounds fine to me! Otherwise the so called slimmed rom will keep bloating again!

I think one of the most important issue on our phone, like in I8000, is the small available ram after a reset. In addition wm 6.5 suffers of memory leak which makes this issue even more serious. Ok many of you want wm 6.5 or 6.5.3 even with this kind of problems but I think until it will be possible to reduce the samsung reserved ram it is a good thing to cook an ultralite rom with wm 6.1. As Khuanchai has shown it is possible to have a device with 100 mb of available ram without memory leak problems. So Gabby if you want to try I have the ROM based WM 6.1 build 21006 for B7610 tell me with pm... ;)

Edited by kibiwi

Guest gabby2009
I think one of the most important issue on our phone, like in I8000, is the small available ram after a reset. In addition wm 6.5 suffers of memory leak which makes this issue even more serious. Ok many of you want wm 6.5 or 6.5.3 even with this kind of problems but I think until it will be possible to reduce the samsung reserved ram it is a good thing to cook an ultralite rom with wm 6.1. As Khuanchai has shown it is possible to have a device with 100 mb of available ram without memory leak problems. So Gabby if you want to try I have the ROM based WM 6.1 build 21006 for B7610 tell me with pm... ;)

i have the 6.1 rom,and if i have time, i will cook it next week before i released the wm6.5 V1 Final(Beta3) version

Edited by gabby2009

do you think you can make media player and camera work at the same time ?

that would be awesome, its quite annoying that they wanna close each other..

Edited by vjin