Torch for B7610

Guest kibiwi

This is a small app from Wes58 (thanks Wes much appreciated) which uses the camera flash as a light in the dark.

1. install the cab;

2. copy the dll in the windows folder.

After a preset time (default is set to 4 sec) or after a second press of the button the flash will turn off.

The timeout can be set manually in the registry by changing the value of the key "Timeout" in KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Torch. The setting is in ms so, 4000 equals to 4 sec. time out. Long time out can damage the flash so be careful!

enjoy it

Torch.Arm.CAB

SamsungMobilesdk_2.rar

Edited by kibiwi

Much sought after application, thanks a lot!

Can it be possible to alter the luminescence/brightness of LED. If this could be lowered the torch can be used for considerably longer duration. This is there on Symbian platform, so may be someone could get this thing incorporated here too!

Much sought after application, thanks a lot!

Can it be possible to alter the luminescence/brightness of LED. If this could be lowered the torch can be used for considerably longer duration. This is there on Symbian platform, so may be someone could get this thing incorporated here too!

if you want a light for long time you can use this. Hope this helps :)

Guest .:stn:.
7 downloads so far without any thanks...mh...

wow, then I should start whining..

29 downloads of my today screen mod and only a few thanks..

over 2000 downloads of my samsung z400 mod and mabye 30 thx for that..

not mentioning other files :>

wow, then I should start whining..

29 downloads of my today screen mod and only a few thanks..

over 2000 downloads of my samsung z400 mod and mabye 30 thx for that..

not mentioning other files :>

when I find a good thing for my device always thank the author of the post I think it's a way to demonstrate my gratitude. Some people spend much of their time to discover new abilities of a given device so it's fair to thank them. Remember that sharing it's not an obligation...only my 2 cents...

Edited by kibiwi

when I find a good thing for my device always thank the author of the post I think it's a way to demonstrate my gratitude. Some people spend much of their time to discover new abilities of a given device so it's fair to thank them. Remember that sharing it's not an obligation...only my 2 cents...

That's obvious for me and I do exactly the same. I'm also sharing things I don't keep them for myself as some people do.  It's very nice being thanked but I never ASK for that.

That's obvious for me and I do exactly the same. I'm also sharing things I don't keep them for myself as some people do. It's very nice being thanked but I never ASK for that.

yes you're right but remember people different from me and you the meaning of sharing it's always a good thing. Sometimes people forget it and start thinking sharing is simply due but it's not this way... :)

Edited by kibiwi

yes you're right but remember people different from me and you the meaning of sharing it's always a good thing. Sometimes people forget it and start thinking sharing is simply due but it's not this way... :)

Yep, unfortunately most of ppl would only like to take, giving nothing instead. This THANK YOU is something small but important for our work, but as you said many forget about it.

Regards.

Guest roisagi
This is a small app from Wes58 (thanks Wes much appreciated) which uses the camera flash as a light in the dark.

1. install the cab;

2. copy the dll in the windows folder.

After a preset time (default is set to 4 sec) or after a second press of the button the flash will turn off.

The timeout can be set manually in the registry by changing the value of the key "Timeout" in KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Torch. The setting is in ms so, 4000 equals to 4 sec. time out. Long time out can damage the flash so be careful!

enjoy it

do you know what is the maximum sec. for the flash to work?

Guest Boertje1991

I installed it and copied the dll file to the Windows folder, but when I click the Torch icon, nothing happens. I tried a soft-reset, but it still doesn't work.

Any advice? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ttrevelian
I installed it and copied the dll file to the Windows folder, but when I click the Torch icon, nothing happens. I tried a soft-reset, but it still doesn't work.

Any advice? :)

The same happened to me. Maybe something to do with default languaje. Anyway This one did worked

O2 COMPASS V20. User interface for the compass and Flashlight

Link:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...lication-to-o2/

Guest da_mafkeez

thanx for the torch app kibiwi :) works very good. i think that the damage of the flash can take a while. i tested the intensity of the flashlight and it is the same when you are recording in a dark environment. when you have an application like a torch for max light (lumens), then it will damage the flash for longer time of use.

Edited by da_mafkeez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks! :( Perfect, when mated to the central menu hold botton ;-)

A few questions:

1. What is the max permitted time on LED's? Only those 4 sec.? I do not want to burn them out, as there is no support for B7610 in Lithuania :P

2. And the B7610 LED's are dual - perhaps LED's can alternate between 1 and 2 and back to 1, to let them cool and prolong life? This is nicely done on Sony Erricson mobile phones, the alternation is smooth. I know, that these LED's are close one to the another, and the substrate for coolling is shared, but none the less, this might be a solution. Perhaps Samsung Mobile SDK allows this...

Edited by krx