[REQ] Help with GT-B7620 aka Giorgio Armani

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Guest Ignition

daskalos is this newer version they uploaded newer than the ROM you created previously ???

Edited by Ignition

Guest daskalos
daskalos is this newer version they uploaded newer than the ROM you created previously ???

well it's the latest known for WM 6.5

Guest daskalos
well then i await your next GA rom.... :) ;) :D

Can I ask a favor? If you're using a GA B7620, can you try the italian custom rom i cooked, just to see if it's booting or not?

Thanks (be sure to have a backup of your original ROM)

Edited by daskalos

Guest emiliano1980
does my uploaded rom boot?

i want try, but before i have to know how backup original rom and eventuallty restore this...

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Damn! :) Dask u have doon a lot of improvs! I'm still waiting my7620 to come back then i will gladly try this build ;) Did u just upgraded OS keeping all GA stuffs or what? :D

Chooo

ps : finally a bit of light :(

Guest daskalos
Damn! :) Dask u have doon a lot of improvs! I'm still waiting my7620 to come back then i will gladly try this build ;) Did u just upgraded OS keeping all GA stuffs or what? :D

Chooo

ps : finally a bit of light :(

Well I made a megalite b7620 ROM with latest known 21903 WM 6.5

But it is in italian

And nobody is reporting back yet if it's booting or not...

I need some sort of confirmation,

If the italian ROM boots succesfully, then I'll continue making an English one

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Hmm interesting.. for me it would be nice italian too (im italian ehhehe) but i understand maybe others have armani too :) I can't try right now but im curious if Emiliano will report nice tests to u in the meantime. Damn i really want to try grrrrr

Megalite mean this ? :

-Removed all Samsung Apps

-Removed Samsung Keyboard/XT9

-Removed Office

-Removed some Audio Files

-Removed WM Widgets,Windows Live, MarketPlace

-Removed thems, and some Picture Files

For me just removing GA apps and wallpapers ecc.. we will get nice rom space ;) btw xt9 of samsung sucks, mine on ImateUltimate it's pretty better imho. Btw we can always install GA Apps if u rip the cabs, correct?

Chooo

Guest daskalos
Hmm interesting.. for me it would be nice italian too (im italian ehhehe) but i understand maybe others have armani too :) I can't try right now but im curious if Emiliano will report nice tests to u in the meantime. Damn i really want to try grrrrr

Megalite mean this ? :

-Removed all Samsung Apps

-Removed Samsung Keyboard/XT9

-Removed Office

-Removed some Audio Files

-Removed WM Widgets,Windows Live, MarketPlace

-Removed thems, and some Picture Files

For me just removing GA apps and wallpapers ecc.. we will get nice rom space ;) btw xt9 of samsung sucks, mine on ImateUltimate it's pretty better imho. Btw we can always install GA Apps if u rip the cabs, correct?

Chooo

Yes...megalite it is

I haven't made GA apps cab yet, but in theory, B7610 apps in cabs (that rhymed :D ) should work in GA too, 'cause GA apps works in B7610

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Emiliano u can dump the rom and use spb backup or others software to restore personal data after..

btw if u try, at least let we know if work the main function of a cellphone :);;

- calls

- sms\mms

- bluetooth (wifi\gps less important maybe)

dask are u sure driver will be compatible from 6.5.1 to 6.5.5? Im newbe and dunno that..

btw if u have time u can do few cabs for everyone i think..

like a litemusthave cab ( adobeflash3.1,samsungsdk1-2,samsungomniadriver3d,microsoftcf3.5,SDKCerts 2010) those are essentials and free licensing, i think it would be nice in addons a your megalite rom ;)

Chooo

Edited by Ninja_Gundam

Guest Ninja_Gundam

For Emiliano and maybe others...

Use this : OCTANS_Mini.v2.11

Select nb0 , Giorgio Armani ROM Megalite 6.5 21903 ITALIANfrom dask's ita file

Select mst from the rom file - Select Italy

Select csc from the rom file - Select B7620ITVIK4.csc

Check "Do not erase My storage content" if u wanna keep all..

then follow the guide : http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...7/#entry1094094

If u want to revert back to original rom just do the same process but put "Phone_B7620XXIK2.bin" instead of "Giorgio Armani ROM Megalite 6.5 21903 ITALIAN.nb0"

Hope this will help..

Chooo

Guest emiliano1980
Are u able to redo and put old rom right? Isn't bricked i hope!! >_>

Chooo

i don't have another rom... where can i take another rom?????

Guest daskalos
i don't have another rom... where can i take another rom?????

did it pass the samsung screen and the orange wm logo?

I'm pretty sure I said backup your rom first...

Well don't panic,

try to flash ninja_gundam's uploaded b7620 .mst....see post #28

Just Flash .mst

Edited by daskalos

Guest emiliano1980
did it pass the samsung screen and the orange wm logo?

I'm pretty sure I said backup your rom first...

Well don't panic,

try to flash ninja_gundam's uploaded b7620 .mst

No, after power on the device do not pass the samsung screen. And... ehm... no... nothing original rom backup because i don't konw how to do this :)......... but... i just flashed the device with your Daskalos 6.5.5 ROM build 23566 MEGAlite for BT7610 and it work fine, only motion sensor not work, the screen remain always in landscape and i can't rotate it.

Edited by emiliano1980

Guest Ninja_Gundam

?!?!? U have installed b7610 on b7620 ?!??

Lol omg.. i was pretty sure it would run ahahha just few drivers of difference :) Btw, dask what do u use to edit rom files? can u tell me? maybe i can try too to do something to help emiliano and increase our possibilities

Chooo

Guest emiliano1980
?!?!? U have installed b7610 on b7620 ?!??

Lol omg.. i was pretty sure it would run ahahha just few drivers of difference :) Btw, dask what do u use to edit rom files? can u tell me? maybe i can try too to do something to help emiliano and increase our possibilities

Chooo

OK with the b7610 dask rom i can boot device but modem and motion sensor not working... i am downloading your mst file from post #28

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Hmm something is missing in my head..

CSC contain language?

MST = ???

BIN = ???

nb0 is the bin?

PDA_B7620XXIK4_HW_60 was 16Mega - Dask nb0 is 84Mega... ??? what it contain?

second..

how did u upgrade the daskmegalite for b7620 with just nb0 if u don't have the .mst?

You upgraded then with rom done for the b7610, what files did u used? :| xxxxxx.mft from b7610 too?

Im pretty confused right now! :)

Chooo

Guest emiliano1980
Hmm something is missing in my head..

CSC contain language?

MST = ???

BIN = ???

nb0 is the bin?

PDA_B7620XXIK4_HW_60 was 16Mega - Dask nb0 is 84Mega... ??? what it contain?

second..

how did u upgrade the daskmegalite for b7620 with just nb0 if u don't have the .mst?

You upgraded then with rom done for the b7610, what files did u used? :| xxxxxx.mft from b7610 too?

Im pretty confused right now! :)

Chooo

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

;-)

Guest Ninja_Gundam

Lol i dint know files desc were in that post :);; btw .. so u didnt have the bin and csc.... hmm maybe dask can try to export the drivers from b7620 dump, and do cabs, we can try to install b7610 rom that actually boot and fast, then install drivers cabs and make it work? .. hmmmmm dask the messiah where are u!?!? :( I want the editor,my GA come back and i wanna try and help too ;)

Choooo

ps : i have wifi driver not working.. can i try to flash just phone.bin file then? :D

Edited by Ninja_Gundam

Guest emiliano1980

OK, flashed with IK4 PDA mst and all came back OK. Now i'm using a hybrid rom with IK4 PDA II6 Phone and II7 CSC... but i'm safe. thank u ninja and dask!