Problem with my HTC Hero

Guest mvorchard

Guest mvorchard

Hello there,

First of all, Merry Christmas!

I'm very sad... my phone is slower than a turtle... well, I've been using it for several weeks already, and kind of thought it was slow, that the screen wasn't as responsive, but always thought it was the cost of having such a nice touch screen device...

But............... last night I used one of those HTC Magic devices, and it was so fast, I'm moving from being sad to being pissed..... you can move from screen to screen in a blink, and launching apps it's a matter of barely touching the screen whereas in my Hero running any app gives you time for a good nap.

What could it be? Could it be that there is something wrong with the screen?? What else can I check??

The information about my Hero is as follows:

htc_hero_info.jpg

Would love to know how to post the information related to the swap partition and any other thing you might think can help in suggesting things to test on my phone.

I've tried taskkiller app, and know I'm not using it, it seems to move a little (very little) faster now... but nevertheless, it is REALLY SLOW....

What do you guys think??

Many thanks and regards,

MO

Try Advanced Task Killer..And be surprised to find out what runs in the background :) Kill EVERYTHING and then use your hero..it will work like a charm..Also, make sure you use class 6 SDcard..makes a lot of difference ;)

Guest mvorchard
Try Advanced Task Killer..And be surprised to find out what runs in the background :) Kill EVERYTHING and then use your hero..it will work like a charm..Also, make sure you use class 6 SDcard..makes a lot of difference ;)

Thanks!

I have, and it does not make much of a difference..... what I'm trying now, and it actually seems to be working, is a lighter background picture. It seems to be the problem so far...

What I would love to check is whether I'm using all the basic functions of the MODACO correctly. I would appreciate you input there...

Cheers,

MO