[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest luvgirl12345

its me again can you try and find out whats up with the phones connection? i have like 1-2 lines on this rom and the normal 3.1 rom has 4 at the same spot and internet downloading is faster to?? really weird... could you please release a fix for this?? best rom i tryed so far... please keep supporting this rom...

edit: and could you add the htc calibration programm again because stock calibration is off by a bit...

Edited by luvgirl12345

Guest hally83

Any ideas on my keyboard issue? still can't get phone keypad, even though it's selected, adn prediction doesn't work either, or is that a HTC-ism?

You reckon a wipe and reflash may help?

Cheers,

Guest hally83

doesn't matter! solved.

Hold down the 123? on the keyboard and select "touch input" and I have sense keyboard back.

Now there is nothing wrong with this rom. :)

Guest rico2k_uk

itnernet connection working 100% for me. No speed issues at all.

Also keypad working perfectly. Prediction and suggestions work just as sense stock roms did. Would suggest a wipe and reinstall (including any ext partitions you may have) for both issues.

Guest AychTeeSee

Unfortunately the architecture of the G1 and the Hero differ too much, so I'll be porting a MyTouch 3G rom in lieu of CyanogenMod. Right now I'm using it, and it's the fastest ROM I've ever used for Hero. I'm not releasing it yet because of some bugs with accelerometer, GPS and bluetooth, but the issues should be solved relatively soon.

Andrew

Guest pvillasuso
I'll be porting a MyTouch 3G rom in lieu of CyanogenMod. Right now I'm using it, and it's the fastest ROM I've ever used for Hero. I'm not releasing it yet because of some bugs with accelerometer, GPS and bluetooth, but the issues should be solved relatively soon.

Andrew

Those are great news .. Hope everything goes fine !

Good Luck , with your testing and fixing stuff ...

New rom news!

I've finally got CyanogenMod working on Hero, albeit feature-incomplete. It seemed remarkably faster than ANY ROM for hero that I've seen- maybe the bloat itself is integrated into the core files? I must look into this.

Andrew

I read something about a JIT thing in Dalvik that was activated in the latest cyanogen.

appearently JIT is not h4xx0r 1337, that's why it has never been tried...

Guest TylerDurdenK

I fancy giving this a try.

I am running MCR 3.1 at the moment. Will I have to wipe before I install this one?

IfI do, can I backup my apps and settings with Titanium Backup, then install Titanium Backup on this rom to get them back?

Guest masterpfa
Sure! I'll include it with the next release.

Andrew

Hi any time scale for your next release, currently checking this thread 2-3 times a day :)

Edited by masterpfa

Guest pvillasuso
cant turn Mobile Network on??? tried from "quick settings" wont work too ...help?

Long press the power button , and go to the last option > MOBILE NETWORK

ps. any chance to tell us how to make work the IM from G1 on a Hero ? :)

Edited by pvillasuso