[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Just to let you know, I have been waiting for a ROM like this for a LONG time ;) I've tried the AOSP 2.1 releases, but they are not even close to usable for everyday.

I'll be giving 3.1 a shot when it's release, really looking forward to it. (running 2.1 now)

About the new release, can anyone confirm if the light sensor/automatic backlight adjustment is working?

Guest String Theory

I absolutely love this rom. It's fast as hell and all the hardware works as it should work. I prefer a vanilla Android, but I hate the hardwarebugs in all the 2.1-releases. I mean, the 5MP camera is there to make 5mp pictures, not 2 or 3.

3.0.1 has just two little glitches that could be better:

- This rom doesn't support the Dutch language and I can't fix it with More Locale 2. But hey, really minor thing, English is fine too.

- The trackball ain't working.. but again, minor problem.

Keep up the good work!

Go vanilla Android, Go full hardware support... GO AYCHTEESEE!

O and by the way.. when HTC comes with the new rom (Sense with 2.1), will you create a vanilla eclair rom then?

Edited by String Theory

4. About toggling Mobile Network- it was an HTC-only feature.

Everyone who needs this - just install APNDroid from the market. It even has it's own wisget for quick toggling.

Guest AychTeeSee
I absolutely love this rom. It's fast as hell and all the hardware works as it should work. I prefer a vanilla Android, but I hate the hardwarebugs in all the 2.1-releases. I mean, the 5MP camera is there to make 5mp pictures, not 2 or 3.

3.0.1 has just two little glitches that could be better:

- This rom doesn't support the Dutch language and I can't fix it with More Locale 2. But hey, really minor thing, English is fine too.

- The trackball ain't working.. but again, minor problem.

Keep up the good work!

Go vanilla Android, Go full hardware support... GO AYCHTEESEE!

O and by the way.. when HTC comes with the new rom (Sense with 2.1), will you create a vanilla eclair rom then?

Hi everyone;

I've fixed the trackball bug and bluetooth support is almost fully integrated. Locale support is a simple addition, it'll be included next release as well.

Regarding the 2.1 ROM- Yes, I will be releasing a vanilla 2.1 ROM based on HTC's release. I will not, however, be producing a 2.1 ROM with current kernel sources, as until we have the eclair kernel sources from HTC, 2.1 ROMs will be buggy and slow. The developers currently working on 2.1 are unable to improve speed any more, and thus why I am providing the community with a fast, stable 1.5 ROM. I have seen some great progress with those ROMs though, and wish the developers luck.

Andrew

Guest pvillasuso
Hi everyone;

I've fixed the trackball bug and bluetooth support is almost fully integrated.

YESSSS ......!

asado.gif

Nice cooking !

Those are great news ! :D Hope you can finish your next release anytime soon !!!

----

BTW .. Here is another interesting info .. Browsing arround XDA

The ultimate Guide to Speed Up your Hero "safely"!! ( by MaXo64 @ XDA ) > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=628178

I tried this stuff with [3.0.1] and believe it or not .. the ROM ( OS ) became 15%-20% faster !!! ;)

Give it a try ...

Guest masterpfa
Hi everyone;

I've fixed the trackball bug and bluetooth support is almost fully integrated. Locale support is a simple addition, it'll be included next release as well.

Regarding the 2.1 ROM- Yes, I will be releasing a vanilla 2.1 ROM based on HTC's release. I will not, however, be producing a 2.1 ROM with current kernel sources, as until we have the eclair kernel sources from HTC, 2.1 ROMs will be buggy and slow. The developers currently working on 2.1 are unable to improve speed any more, and thus why I am providing the community with a fast, stable 1.5 ROM. I have seen some great progress with those ROMs though, and wish the developers luck.

Andrew

Great news about the Trackball, I do need that. Is there any chance that the HTC keyboard will be supported by this ROM, currently my fingers and the Android keyboard do not get on, I have to rotate the phone to landscape mode to use.

One other thing, which is more down to my hardware, but I have noticed that if the SIM PIN is not entered quickly enough, the phone will come on & operate but I will need to restart to enable the PIN (So you can imagine my annoyance when I have to do this many times). The same thing if for example the phone is restarted and I have left it aside while doing something else, when I do return to the phone I am not presented with the enter SIM PIN to unlock but have to restart. ;)

Look forward to the new release

:D

Guest dawabz94
Hi everyone;

Andrew

Can't wait !

:-)

Guest String Theory

After a full day of use I love this rom even more. Great to.see development goes well, do you have any idea when 3.1 will arrive?

Good luck!

Guest dandroide

3.0.1 Is running like hell! Blazingly fast! Thanks! Best mod for Hero at the moment.

Apart from the bluetooth fix and trackball fix, will 3.1 also fix the audio output?

Don't want to push you, but when do you expect to release 3.1 ? :-)

Guest masterpfa
3.0.1 Is running like hell! Blazingly fast! Thanks! Best mod for Hero at the moment.

Don't want to push you, but when do you expect to release 3.1 ? :-)

+1 ;)

This is by far the best custom ROM for the Hero atm, imho. A huge thank you to AychTeeSee! ;)

EDIT: When charging, the notification light color is green, regardless of the battery state. However, when turning the phone off, the light color goes orange if the battery isn't fully charged (and hopefully green if it is -- will check when the battery is fully charged and edit my post right afterwards).

EDIT2: Seems like the light color goes green when the phone is turned off and the battery is fully charged, as it should be that is.

Edited by :'c

This is by far the best custom ROM for the Hero atm, imho. A huge thank you to AychTeeSee! ;)

EDIT: When charging, the notification light color is green, regardless of the battery state. However, when turning the phone off, the light color goes orange if the battery isn't fully charged (and hopefully green if it is -- will check when the battery is fully charged and edit my post right afterwards).

ho9w did it go on the led test?

2.1 release pls!

Guest AychTeeSee

I've been playing with the 2.1 ROMs recently- really, really impressive work the developers have done- but the speed just doesn't cut it for me. I'm working on some optimizations that will (hopefully) make a 2.1 ROM perform just as fast as this ROM. Stay tuned!

Andrew

I've been playing with the 2.1 ROMs recently- really, really impressive work the developers have done- but the speed just doesn't cut it for me. I'm working on some optimizations that will (hopefully) make a 2.1 ROM perform just as fast as this ROM. Stay tuned!

Andrew

Any idea when the small bugs in 3.0.1 will be fixed? I went straight to installing 3.0.1, so I don't know if these bugs occur in your previous version (2.1). Hmm, maybe I should try that one out instead. Until you release a new version that is.

Great work btw! ;)

Guest AychTeeSee
Any idea when the small bugs in 3.0.1 will be fixed? I went straight to installing 3.0.1, so I don't know if these bugs occur in your previous version (2.1). Hmm, maybe I should try that one out instead. Until you release a new version that is.

Great work btw! ;)

3.0.1 is an experimental release. 2.1 has none of it's bugs. I should release a fix soon, but I want to get this bluetooth mess done and over with.

Andrew

Guest iammodo
3.0.1 is an experimental release. 2.1 has none of it's bugs. I should release a fix soon, but I want to get this bluetooth mess done and over with.

Andrew

Main problems for me is :-

No headphone jack

camera having no settings.

didn't even notice the trackball didn't work it's rather pointless.

Anyone looking for a notepad application this one is from the dragon and works really well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tnxgeoj50oj

Guest masterpfa

Andrew

YIPEE!!!!!!

OK Andrew what have I told you about teasing?!?!?!

(Watching this space!! ETA???) ;)

Guest Geochelone

Will there be any kitchen with this? I'd very much like to remove the Wireless Tether and Amazon MP3. I don't use them and would like to have them removed by default.

Guest AychTeeSee
Will there be any kitchen with this? I'd very much like to remove the Wireless Tether and Amazon MP3. I don't use them and would like to have them removed by default.

I've contacted Paul MANY times, all with NO response whatsoever. I would really like to implement a kitchen for this ROM, but my requests just keep getting ignored by Paul.

Andrew