mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

mkdir /system/xbin

rm /system/xbin/su

rm /system/bin/su

cat /superboot/su>/system/xbin/su

chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su

cat /superboot/Superuser.apk>/system/app/Superuser.apk

mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

(the second block is exactely the content of the script /superboot/superboot.sh).

Then reboot :D

edit : hmm this works with some apps (reoot explorer, nexus one torch...) but not with titanium backup : it asks me for root permission, I accept, see it in Superuser, but still complains that it doesn't have root

edit2 : nevermind, I forgot to click on "Problems?" button in titanium backup to install busybox :lol:

@rashad1: See quote above!

Guest rashad1
@rashad1: See quote above!

Tried that, this is what happens when I type the first command into Terminal...are these commands different on a Mac?

Rashads-Macbook-Pro:~ rashad$ adb shell

-bash: adb: command not found

I also tried:

Rashads-Macbook-Pro:~ rashad$ adb-mac shell

-bash: adb-mac: command not found

Guest ludo218
Tried that, this is what happens when I type the first command into Terminal...are these commands different on a Mac?

Rashads-Macbook-Pro:~ rashad$ adb shell

-bash: adb: command not found

I also tried:

Rashads-Macbook-Pro:~ rashad$ adb-mac shell

-bash: adb-mac: command not found

Make the script executable :

chmod +x adb-mac
Then run it :
./adb-mac

edit : of course you need to be in the directory where you extracted the files :lol:

Edited by ludo218

Guest Sphyntz

anyone know if we can use superboot FRF83 in NexusOne with stock unrooted FRF85B?

Edited by Sphyntz

Guest unchainedrssr

Anyone try this on the FRF91 yet?

Never mind. Fastboot recovery then flashing Lox_Dev's FRF91 root update.zip ( http://goo.gl/6IgW ) works great and is really simple and fast.

Thank you, though.

Edited by unchainedrssr

Guest B1ny

Don't work on FRF91, and Lox_Dev's update.zip don't work if you allready are on FRF91.

Lost root when I installed the stock FRF91 in ROM Manager that was supposed to be rooted :D

Hope you manage to get Superboot working on FRF91 as well Paul :lol:

Anyone try this on the FRF91 yet?

Never mind. Fastboot recovery then flashing Lox_Dev's FRF91 root update.zip ( http://goo.gl/6IgW ) works great and is really simple and fast.

Thank you, though.

Guest unchainedrssr
Don't work on FRF91, and Lox_Dev's update.zip don't work if you allready are on FRF91.

Lost root when I installed the stock FRF91 in ROM Manager that was supposed to be rooted :)

Hope you manage to get Superboot working on FRF91 as well Paul :D

Me too! LOL I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who had this happen. :D

For a while there I had some doubts about choosing and flashing the correct ROM.

ROM Manager had it listed as FRF91 rooted odexed.

I'm sorry that you were not able to get it to work for you (that does suck, I've been there), but it is what worked for me.

I have adb set up on my pc (windows) and I went into fastboot mode (trackball + power) and flashed Mr. Amon RA's recovery using adb.

Then reboot quickly pressing "volume down" button to go straight into recovery mode (normal rebooting will make you lose your custom recovery) and flash Lox_Dev's root update.zip only. :lol: I now have root again!

I do hope we see an updated superboot for FRF91. It is an amazing application for rooting. I love it. :)

If it were available, I would have used it. (as I always have)

Good luck to everyone, and respect to those of you who have the patience to wait. :)

Edited by unchainedrssr

Guest B1ny

It works!!

Thanks man, because of you my Nexus is alive again!

Me too! LOL I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who had this happen. :D

I have adb set up on my pc (windows) and I went into fastboot mode (trackball + power) and flashed Mr. Amon RA's recovery using adb.

Then reboot quickly pressing "volume down" button to go straight into recovery mode (normal rebooting will make you lose your custom recovery) and flash Lox_Dev's root update.zip only. :lol: I now have root again!

Guest l3b00
It works!!

I have the same problem after installing FRF91 from ROM manager. However, I cannot download the root update.zip file from rapidshare, since the download limit has been reached (since it is an anonymous upload). Can you (or somebody) provide a reliable link for downloading lox' update? Thanks.

Guest B1ny

You don't need that file, when you have the recovery you can just flash another rom, or nandroid backup.

I have the same problem after installing FRF91 from ROM manager. However, I cannot download the root update.zip file from rapidshare, since the download limit has been reached (since it is an anonymous upload). Can you (or somebody) provide a reliable link for downloading lox' update? Thanks.

Guest srajib316

B1ny, so can i go from stock frf91 to root using this method? Right now I am stuck on FRF91 unrooted. I guess what I want to know is can I unlock the bootloader and flash Amon RA recovery and then install custom rom to gain root if I am on FRF91 stock rom unroot.

Thanks

Guest unchainedrssr
It works!!

You're welcome. I'm glad to have been able to help. :)

Guest sipp11
I rooted my phone using Superboot. Can I manually install Froyo FRF85B on a rooted Nexus One?

FRF83 one works just fine to me on FRF85B. I have yet to try with FRF91.

Edited by sipp11

Guest joeskie

Hello, very sorry to bother, but i was wondering if you were by any chance working on a superboot for the frf91 build on the nexus one. i decided to hold off on rooting untill i got the final ota. any info you can give me would be great.

ps i would love to buy you a beer, do you do google checkout? :)