Flashed wrong recovery image (it was for Dream).

Guest gianka84

Guest gianka84

Hi guys,

I've flashed a wrong recovery image, it was for Dream and not for Hero. I've flashed the last v1.5.2 by Amon_RA and now i cannot go in recovery mode.

I tried flashing the backup or other recovery for Hero (with RecFlasher, because I can't with Fastboot), but everytime i try to boot with Home+Power i only get an icon (a triangle + a phone).

How can i flash back a right recovery image for my Hero 2.73.405.5?

Now my phone runs, but i cannot go in recovery mode, only in fastboot bootloader.

Thanks to all!

p.s. I can still get superuser rights.

Guest pulser
Nice to hear :)

For reasons of posterity in future incase someone looks at this thread in weeks/months time, this should also be possible to fix on fastboot. Use these commands:

fastboot erase recovery

fastboot flash recovery correct_hero_recovery.img
Alternatively, use
fastboot boot correct_hero_recovery.img

to get access to a 'temporary' recovery environment using fastboot.

Flashrec is just as good a method, but could be blocked by a future update, hence this explanation for future reference.

Hth

Guest gianka84
For reasons of posterity in future incase someone looks at this thread in weeks/months time, this should also be possible to fix on fastboot. Use these commands:

fastboot erase recovery

fastboot flash recovery correct_hero_recovery.img
Alternatively, use
fastboot boot correct_hero_recovery.img

to get access to a 'temporary' recovery environment using fastboot.

Flashrec is just as good a method, but could be blocked by a future update, hence this explanation for future reference.

Hth

Could I manage it via fastboot also with my 2.73.xxx.x stock ROM?

Guest shenshang
Could I manage it via fastboot also with my 2.73.xxx.x stock ROM?

much easier way if you have a terminal emulator and your phone is already rooted.

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/name-of-recovery.img

Guest pulser
much easier way if you have a terminal emulator and your phone is already rooted.

su

Oh yes. Forgot about that method as well :) Obviously, if this was you trying to root the phone for the first time, it wouldn't help, but that's what a goldcard is indirectly for. As a recovery method, shenshang's method is better.

Maybe we should compile a list of all these different methods of flashing. It might act as a good 'how-to' for people, in order to save time used answering the same questions over and over again (not that it happens that much just now).

Guest blackcoffee85
Oh yes. Forgot about that method as well :) Obviously, if this was you trying to root the phone for the first time, it wouldn't help, but that's what a goldcard is indirectly for. As a recovery method, shenshang's method is better.

Maybe we should compile a list of all these different methods of flashing. It might act as a good 'how-to' for people, in order to save time used answering the same questions over and over again (not that it happens that much just now).

Definitely - the instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1 suggest that you need to boot into an existing recovery, to flash the new one. This is not the case.

I followed shenshang's instructions over SSH from my PC and it was as simple as this:

su