[ROM] PDhee i900Omnia WM 6.5.x ROM Base DXIF1 |23542|25007|23544|23110|23639|23548|M2dv2, Lite, Extra Lite beta1 with BT-audio fix (10 January 2010)

Guest P_Dhee

Guest mihai_mihai
thanks for good rom

it is not have a problem with soft reset

but i cannot sync and connect internet with active sync

i hade same problem when i used proxy for my network internet delete and working now

Guest corwest
it seems that officialy toshiba sony ericsson and garmin will use com3 for their roms

faith1.jpgceswm653_thumb.png The OS build number is 23091.5.3.0. this one toogarasusm10.jpeg

The 6.5.3 version of Windows is not official yet, those are likely just prototypes. Windows will decide which COM branch it will make as its final release.

Guest woody2k

Yeah i had this problem at first untill i realised it was a date issue. some apps wont connect to the internet if the date is wrong, it screws arround with the certificates. i had mine set to 2009. Just go to settings, clock & alarm and change to correct date and time.

Now running M2D Beta 1 on 23518. was a coplete arse to flash my phone. tried Win & VM Windows XP but just gave me a time out error every time. In the end i put XP back on the Mrs Laptop to do it. The Rom is so fast and smooth it is unbelievable.

Well done and keep up the good work

Hey guys! This is my first post ever here and I'm a total n00bie at this. So the question is how do I install this on a w7 computer?

pdhee, I really thinks your work looks amazing! It's why I wants to use it <3

Guest fattmatt

I see 23090 6.5.3 has been officially released by Microsoft, Khuanchai has just finished a rom for the I8000 using this.

I would say there is a new rom for us just around the corner.

Matt.

Guest Jeanne8fr
when i adjusted the page cache size to 2Mb and glyph to 32, i got 297 in spb benchmark.!

Can you tell me how you make these adjustments?

Thanks,

J.

Hey guys! This is my first post ever here and I'm a total n00bie at this. So the question is how do I install this on a w7 computer?

pdhee, I really thinks your work looks amazing! It's why I wants to use it <3

Start here first- http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...900-chefs-list/

Then read about flashing using windows 7 here- http://www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-discussio...ng-in-windows-7 and here http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...a-in-windows-7/ . I would recomend using windows XP if you can. Read as much info as you can and see what problems others have had so you know what to do when the s*%t hits the fan! :)

Good luck!

Edited by Sb.

Flashed M2D v2 ROM :: Build 23518.5.3.0 (Com 5) this noon

till now it seems to have no problems

1)as reported M2dtp seemed to cause errors and hard to configure since my russian are quite terrible:P

but its fixed with installing M2D today page 0.3 and remaming the tab_00 to window_00

2) what i find quite annoying and i think you can fix it in a next build(though you shouldnt ask me how since im a noob) is the fact that to get Video call to work you have to enable the default phone skin which messes up all buttons in phone tabs and such..remember an old Khuanchai rom that was switching to default phone skin only when you pressed the video call...he had a tab in favorite hackings for that

Keep up the good work

ill report if i see anything wierd but i doubt it :)

Guest jms2367
Can you tell me how you make these adjustments?

Thanks,

J.

use advanced config (attached below if the rom you are using does not have one, otherwise look for advanced config since Mr Dhee usually cook this into his roms). you can find it under performance. I went back to page cache size of 2Mb and glyph cache of 8Kb and I am still getting a very fast sktools benchmark results usually around 300.

Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3.3.cab

Edited by jms2367

Guest emporto

Hi Mr PdHee;

Can you please have a look at screen alingment problem.

After I (and some other people in this topic) installed your rom, we can not pass the startup screen alignment process.

I also tried lcd screen test and my touch screen has no problems I am sure, also alignment works with WM 6.1 or some other roms.

There is some post regarding to this issue at page 14-15-16 of this topic.

Please as a request, consider this screen alignment problem at your next rom preparations.

Regards

Guest lsherif
Hi Mr PdHee;

Can you please have a look at screen alingment problem.

After I (and some other people in this topic) installed your rom, we can not pass the startup screen alignment process.

I also tried lcd screen test and my touch screen has no problems I am sure, also alignment works with WM 6.1 or some other roms.

There is some post regarding to this issue at page 14-15-16 of this topic.

Please as a request, consider this screen alignment problem at your next rom preparations.

Regards

+ 1 facing same problems

Hello there.

This is actually my first post on this forum.

Ive tryed some of your ROM's and I have to say that they are actually great comparing to others Ive tryed. But there is one thing ( maybe its only me ), but I cant manage to set my alarm clock to go off ( it does actualy but doesent leave any sound )

Thanks for your response and thanks for all the hard work.

Keep on dooing what you doo =)

Regards

Primož

Guest sudkcoce

Hello Dhee! I have been using your lite rom (21889.5.0.87_Lite_beta1) for a week or so now and have no problems. It is the first 6.5.x rom that I find better than the 6.1 ones, responsiveness-wise. So, really really GREAT WORK!!

But, there's just one thing that I find annoying. And it concerns the lock screen.

I have my phone set up so it locks on "wake up", so I can lock it by pressing the power button. Then, when I wake the phone up, it takes about 3 or a bit more seconds for the lock screen to appear and I find this very annoying, since I have to wait. Of course this does not happen if I lock the phone manually, but I like to lock and turn off the screen by pressing one button...

Is there any way to fix this?

Best regards and keep on the excellent work!!

continuing my previous post that i made yesterday

1)the delay with the "wake up" that sudkcoce reported there is in 23518 too but y..

2)the home screen clock seems to go back 1h and 1 min every time i return to home screen and after that it changes to the current time...most wierd ftw......and for another reason even with setting to 24h thingie it does change back to am and pm timetable

other than that all seem ok

Guest lanecabg

Just flashed with Lite ROM :) !!! I realy was a huge pain......problems with the USB...but..... B) ....hahhah

Note: if you are running 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7, driver signature enforcement must be disabled during boot up. Press F8 just after the BIOS startup on your computer.

When you do this operation BUM and it works!!!!

Best regard!

Just wanted to personalise some things within this rom, just the start up and shut down sounds, but whenever i try to copy into windows folder i get 'You do not have permission to create this item" ive tried both copying from the computer desktop and even within the phone itself through file explorer.

Any ideas to get around this so i change the sounds without being stopped........its startin to get frustrating now, and ive looked everywhere for answers.

By the way, battery life on the beta 2 M2d rom is amazing, no bugs!!

Guest woody2k

Hello PDhee

Been using the M2D v2 ROM :: Build 23518.5.3.0 (Com 5) heaily for the last 48 Hours. Only issues i have found so far are:

1) Widget on TouchFlo home screen (with facebook and Com manager) seems to disapear and reapear at random

2) Some screens are not the correct size and miss the last 1/4 off the bottom (all programs screen in programs and Messages screen)

3) Music cuts out for a few mili seconds when listening through Music tab

4) Cannot use headphones to recieve calls but will work for music

Other than that it is still mega fast.

Keep up the good work :)

Guest lostmyheart

PDhee_i900Omnia_21889_M2D_beta2 is the best rom i ever use b4 but the only bug i found on it is the MAIL which i cant view any mail it just blank on the page. please fix the bug and i appreciate ur great job on improving the performence of Omnia! :)

Start here first- http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...900-chefs-list/

Then read about flashing using windows 7 here- http://www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-discussio...ng-in-windows-7 and here http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...a-in-windows-7/ . I would recomend using windows XP if you can. Read as much info as you can and see what problems others have had so you know what to do when the s*%t hits the fan! :)

Good luck!

I don't get it:S I have download "I) M2D v2 ROM :: Build 21889.5.0.87 (Com 2)" and in the guide at this point 6.) Load LOADER, PDA and CSC (some roms do not have CSC - it's ok ... leave blank) I don't have those files. I just have an .exe file:S

Plzz need som pro help

Guest Jeanne8fr
Just wanted to personalise some things within this rom, just the start up and shut down sounds, but whenever i try to copy into windows folder i get 'You do not have permission to create this item" ive tried both copying from the computer desktop and even within the phone itself through file explorer.

Any ideas to get around this so i change the sounds without being stopped........its startin to get frustrating now, and ive looked everywhere for answers.

By the way, battery life on the beta 2 M2d rom is amazing, no bugs!!

You have to use Total Commander or Resco Explorer to be able to overwrite rom files.

J.

Guest Jeanne8fr
I don't get it:S I have download "I) M2D v2 ROM :: Build 21889.5.0.87 (Com 2)" and in the guide at this point 6.) Load LOADER, PDA and CSC (some roms do not have CSC - it's ok ... leave blank) I don't have those files. I just have an .exe file:S

Plzz need som pro help

You are trying to upgrade using Grand Prix??

You don't need this with these roms. Just run the exe. Restart your Omnia and when the program says ready, press start. That's all

J.