[ROM] PDhee i900Omnia WM 6.5.x ROM Base DXIF1 |23542|25007|23544|23110|23639|23548|M2dv2, Lite, Extra Lite beta1 with BT-audio fix (10 January 2010)

Guest P_Dhee

PDhee, thanks for the great work. 23519_M2Dv2 is perfect.

One minor bug, I installed P H O N E X but i sometime have trouble not displaying. Does any1 have the same issue or just me ?

Uninstalled and stick with the WM dialler for now.

P H O N E X 2.2 works as a dream with spbshell in build 23519

Guest Talishte

PDhee !!!

21891_ExtraLite_beta1 it´s fantastic !!! old UI but this extra lite version works perfect with spb m shell, themes change with no problem and menus and icons just feel like a finish product, I would not trade an official samsung (if it were one) for this release, battery life is great, very responsive, cooked apps just perfect, scrolling extremely good and with spb shell i don´t miss big icon for nothing and all my regular apps work flawless. I´m keeping this one until it´s time to change my phone so for me my quest for a perfect rom it´s over ;)

after one long day of testing I have found no bugs in this release, no wonder chef said it´s an official release for qilin phone

T.

WOW !! just added touchresponse and s wype keyboard just became even better when using it like a regular keyboard (just typing not swyping :D )

Edited by Talishte

Guest Talishte
PDhee.....basically very nice roms....I am trying out now the: PDhee_i900Omnia_23519_Lite_beta1

following I don't understand why you are leaving like this:

1. cyberon voice commander (very old version) - just leave it completele out and let the people decide what to install MS Voice Command or Cyberon

2. for keyboard there is no original microsoft skin

3. the mouse icon in the settings menue does not work

4. no original samsung dialer skin does not work

5. GPS Extra and Enhanced GPS are the same tools...you do not need them twice

6. Nobody need PHM Registry Editor or Total commander...everyone uses Resco Explorer 2010 :D

...but besides that your rom is very fast and stable! :(

1. I find it perfect, to me it works better than any other voice applications, just does what you need quick.

2. ¿?

3. NO ONE has manage to make finger mouse work and I guess the icon cannot be remove, we all know it´s samsung fault not chefs.

4. like you said, no one needs samsung dialer besides its easily restore or install.

5. it looks to be just a shorcut but are the same app, not sure in anycase is a great add on for us gps users..

6. WE ALL need them if we dont want to pay for the ones you are talking as they are not free so to have them in there its just well thought and perfect for many.

Since chef do this for free I think it´s better to report bugs so they can try to fix them than to criticized their choice in the applications to install in the rom, there are so many releases that almost every general taste can be satisfied but don´t ask for minor details with all this perfect FREE roms chefs are giving us ;)

It seems to me that PDhee has attracted a very new group of at least modaco users judging by their post count, I wonder where all the old dogs who visited sector's, shokka9's threads are, they really don´t know what they are missing and they can help putting some sense into new posters who think that chefs work for them or something.

Chef PDhee seems like a very young person who wants to please everyone but at this rate of demanding I think he's going back to his friends in pdamobiz because pretty sure they are just extremely grateful and not as demanding as we are here...

just my opinion anyway,

T.

Edited by Talishte

Guest corwest
Since chef do this for free I think it´s better to report bugs so they can try to fix them than to criticized their choice in the applications to install in the rom, there are so many releases that almost every general taste can be satisfied but don´t ask for minor details with all this perfect FREE roms chefs are giving us ;)

Chef PDhee seems like a very young person who wants to please everyone but at this rate of demanding I think he's going back to his friends in pdamobiz because pretty sure they are just extremely grateful and not as demanding as we are here...

just my opinion anyway,

T.

Agreed.

has anyone noticed that in phdee's rom's applications are terminating randomly? i have had this problem since my first flash with these roms... ran two or more apps and soon as i was working for 5secs in one app, all others terminated! this was even happening as i had over 50 megs of ram free, so i don't know what's really going on here... got two more friends with same roms that confirmed this memory management 'feature' ;)

Guest downjones
1. I find it perfect, to me it works better than any other voice applications, just does what you need quick.

...congratulations! but I want to install Microsoft Voice Commander and can not delete this old stuff because it a ROM file!!

2. ¿?
I mean if you choose "keyboard" it just looks shitty like the old one in the WM6.1 but the original keyboard skin from MS in the build 23519 looks great! Besides "swype" sucks...I'd like to use original Samsung Omnia Xt9 keyboard

just for the info SWYPE IS NOT FREEWARE!! And it is required by the admin not to include this in the ROMS! HERE THE LINK for more information:

swype-not-to-be-included-in-rom-releases

3. NO ONE has manage to make finger mouse work and I guess the icon cannot be remove, we all know it´s samsung fault not chefs.

sorry, but I didn't mean that the mouse icon is not showing up, its just there is another option inside if you use the mouse pad then it gives you a vibration feedback or not...depends on the option.......and yes you can remove the icon as I already tried different ROMs :D

4. like you said, no one needs samsung dialer besides its easily restore or install.

maybe some people don't like it...but it is standart and it is awesome, am sure alot of guy would agree with that!

5. it looks to be just a shorcut but are the same app, not sure in anycase is a great add on for us gps users...

I do not need a second short cut in the start menu if there is the same in Settings>System Settings

6. WE ALL need them if we dont want to pay for the ones you are talking as they are not free so to have them in there its just well thought and perfect for many.

yes they are free...so you can download them and install them for free...but you don't need them for free inside the ROM!....leave those apps in the XDA_UC folder for automatic install...so at least I can uninstall them!

It seems to me that PDhee has attracted a very new group of at least modaco users judging by their post count, I wonder where all the old dogs who visited sector's, shokka9's threads are, they really don´t know what they are missing and they can help putting some sense into new posters who think that chefs work for them or something.

just my opinion anyway,

T.

dude I just pointed out some things I do not like about this ROM...besides in the old times my favorite roms were always from Sector...but since he moved to HD2 he is out of business...as same as other old gurus who changed their devices....

And the thing is ...why to make your work public if the choice of apps and posibilities is not user friendly? IMHO

I hope PDhee understands my constructive critics and would cook a better rom! :(

cheers

Edited by downjones

Guest MachinateTDK
[ROM] PDhee i900Omnia WM 6.5.x ROM Base DXIF1 | Build 24001 | 23102 | 23519| 21891| 25001 |28223 |M2D v2 | Neo Titanium | Lite | Extra Lite| beta1 with BT-audio fix

[/b

b_saebae, grids, svmobile, mrQer, benzo, NKLeng

hey P_Dhee can you cook up the 28000 series roms with the monialite apps like the clock, touch calendar like ryrzy rom? it would be nice.

ryrzy 28000 rom

Guest jms2367
PDhee !!!

21891_ExtraLite_beta1 it´s fantastic !!! old UI but this extra lite version works perfect with spb m shell, themes change with no problem and menus and icons just feel like a finish product, I would not trade an official samsung (if it were one) for this release, battery life is great, very responsive, cooked apps just perfect, scrolling extremely good and with spb shell i don´t miss big icon for nothing and all my regular apps work flawless. I´m keeping this one until it´s time to change my phone so for me my quest for a perfect rom it´s over ;)

after one long day of testing I have found no bugs in this release, no wonder chef said it´s an official release for qilin phone

T.

WOW !! just added touchresponse and s wype keyboard just became even better when using it like a regular keyboard (just typing not swyping :D )

is there a considerable difference between p_dhee's 21889 rom as compared to this newer build?

SPBshell themes are working fine for 21891

Excellent build. I like this old layout better than all the other layouts with big buttons

Touch response is super as always

Thanks PDhee

Thanks alot PDhee for a great rom, been using sectors last rom for a long time and finally changed over.

The speed is more responsive and stable, but for some reason when i soft reset the device, it ended up HARDRESETTING it.

Is this a common problem in the rom??

I flashed 23519 M2D.

Can anyone help me?

Guest jms2367
SPBshell themes are working fine for 21891

Excellent build. I like this old layout better than all the other layouts with big buttons

Touch response is super as always

Thanks PDhee

is there a vast improvement over build 21899? touch response works great also in p_dhee's build 21899.

Guest Dimitris84

Hello mr Dhee i like your roms! I am now using the 23519 M2D v2 beta 1 rom and i think its great. The only bug that i have noticed is that the Google maps search page on manilla is not displaying properly.....basically only half the page is displaying (upper half) and bottom half is just whatever image i was viewing before.. can this be fixed?

And another thing....can I have the m2d theme you used in 21889 m2d v1 beta 1 rom? I really liked that theme and background! Thanx!

Guest Talishte
...congratulations! but I want to install Microsoft Voice Commander and can not delete this old stuff because it a ROM file!!

if its to much of a deal, flash another rom, maybe the chef is just pleasing another me..me..me.. like you who wanted ciberon :D

I mean if you choose "keyboard" it just looks shitty like the old one in the WM6.1 but the original keyboard skin from MS in the build 23519 looks great! Besides "swype" sucks...I'd like to use original Samsung Omnia Xt9 keyboard

well if you say so.. but I dont get it, do you want to install things yourself or not? do you want with no keyboard at all !!! just install the one you like so much.

just for the info SWYPE IS NOT FREEWARE!! And it is required by the admin not to include this in the ROMS! HERE THE LINK for more information:

I know that thread but I downloaded s wype before developer objected it`s use so I can do whatever I want with it and for your information its not cooked in build 21891 B)

I do not need a second short cut in the start menu if there is the same in Settings>System Settings

not sure is a shorcut but if it its just remove it from windows/start menu/programs/tools.... I think someone releasing like 10 roms in a day can forget something ;) besides that`s why he calls them beta roms for testing not downjones special needs build !!!

And the thing is ...why to make your work public if the choice of apps and posibilities is not user friendly?

because he wants, it`s his rom so he can do whatever he pleases with it, what part of that you don`t get :D do chefs need your approval to release their work? :(

I hope PDhee understands my constructive critics and would cook a better rom! :D

I hope he does because if I were a chef I would send you a la mierda of my thread.

cheers to you too !!!

T.

Guest Talishte
is there a considerable difference between p_dhee's 21889 rom as compared to this newer build?

I tested briefly 21889 but 21891 just feels like it was meant for my omnia, two days now and everything it`s working to perfection also I have been using recently some programs like isilo to read some books and old UI its much better regarding compatibility. Not sure if he released UL version of 21889 so thats another reason I decided to tried it and I`m just extremely happy with it. Like I said I would not trade it for and offcial release even if there was one. Can you imagine having shozu again and all those really unuseful programs that came with default rom, i wonder what downjones would tell them for daring to release such a thing.. ;)

T.

Guest advancedpcs
how about internet? you having trouble with that too? i downloaded 23519 yesterday and had trouble with internet settings. requested from o2, they sent me settings but still could not connect. also tried the change operator settings for 30secs thing but did not work. in the end i had to manually configure settings myself thru connections tab for the internet to work... guess i have to do the same for mms... goodluck

Everything else was fine (internet etc); it was just receiving the MMS that was a problem. Sending is no issue. We configured the settings ourselves again and again for MMS but as we could send it proved to be the phone on connection to receive. Have since tried other builds and they were fine. These other builds (some from other Chefs) are rubbish and are going back to PDhee's latest M2D ROM and sacrificing the reception of MMS for a truly great ROM ;)

Thanks for the update on O2 and the need to reconfigure, maybe others will find that useful too :D

We acknowledge that these ROM's are free* and that the Chef's do this for fun, so again, expecting something ommited or a bug here and there is accepted :D

Advancedpcs :(

*Don't forgot to thank the Chefs for all their hard work and time!

Guest sahalan

I would still like to see an explanation of the possible advantages of the different series, i.e. 28xxx over 23xxx etc. I know that it is trial and error but after having flashed so many times ( I need to actually use the phone!) how about updates as to relevance of builds 24xxx over 23xxx etc.?

Guest dragonmatahari

swype-not-to-be-included-in-rom-releases

sorry, but I didn't mean that the mouse icon is not showing up, its just there is another option inside if you use the mouse pad then it gives you a vibration feedback or not...depends on the option.......and yes you can remove the icon as I already tried different ROMs ;)

maybe some people don't like it...but it is standart and it is awesome, am sure alot of guy would agree with that!

yes they are free...so you can download them and install them for free...but you don't need them for free inside the ROM!....leave those apps in the XDA_UC folder for automatic install...so at least I can uninstall them!

dude I just pointed out some things I do not like about this ROM...besides in the old times my favorite roms were always from Sector...but since he moved to HD2 he is out of business...as same as other old gurus who changed their devices....

And the thing is ...why to make your work public if the choice of apps and posibilities is not user friendly? IMHO

I hope PDhee understands my constructive critics and would cook a better rom! :D

cheers

...bla..bla..bla...

i think u guys should buildin roms... if not so.. go open some topic threads... or perhaps do a further digg in rom customising before posting some arguing..

..plz comments in positive way.. and please keep this thread clean... Respect The Thread Starter

thanks pdhee... tried alot of roms and yours is the best so far.. touch response is just unbelievable compared to others... only bug i found was the internet connection and changing themes in spb... fixed the internet by manually configuring it. themes is not a big deal... can cope without it!! using 23519 btw.. anyway, think ill stick with this rom for now... looks like a perfect rom for me... thanks alot dude...

...bla..bla..bla...

i think u guys should buildin roms... if not so.. go open some topic threads... or perhaps do a further digg in rom customising before posting some arguing..

..plz comments in positive way.. and please keep this thread clean... Respect The Thread Starter

Let's not forget all these roms we are getting here are made in the spare time of the chefs and it should be very much appreciated so stop moaning and being so petty, let's the chef do their work and be thankful to them