AOSP Eclair 2.1 r4 for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest jnwhiteh
Looks good. Can't get network location working though, maps says locatino temporarily unavailable. It's enabled in settings. Will look into the CID thing when I get home.

EDIT -

CID: unknown.

Neighbouring CID: [28f58da@10]

I'm using gbits 1.9 from Kagu, and the rom as downloaded.

Guest isMaskin

Is there a way to speed up the launcher? feels very sluggish when loading and when you scroll. (this is something I experience on all 2.x roms and not just this one)

It's a new beta build. It's new. Track the AOSP sources if you'd liek to see the changes.

I'll be more viiglant when its' not beta.. but its beta.

Are you going to be posting the new links following his builds? There's nothing on his website or twitter..

Andy`

Guest jnwhiteh
Are you going to be posting the new links following his builds? There's nothing on his website or twitter..

Andy`

These are previews. That's all. I'll do the same thing as I did with AOSP 2.1 updates, twitter.. changelogs, etc. I can stop posting them if you'd like =)

These are previews. That's all. I'll do the same thing as I did with AOSP 2.1 updates, twitter.. changelogs, etc. I can stop posting them if you'd like =)

OK, thats all i needed to know, no need to get all childish.. ;)

Guest jnwhiteh
Is there a way to speed up the launcher? feels very sluggish when loading and when you scroll. (this is something I experience on all 2.x roms and not just this one)

There are some optimization techniques that haven't been shared with me, but I'd love to apply them.

Guest vinc386

i changed the build.prop file but when i tried to flash it, i got an error saying certification failed then installation aborted. can anyone gimme advised on this? i edit the file using notepad and repack that into the ROM, i touched absolutely nothing other than the build.prop file.

Guest jnwhiteh
i changed the build.prop file but when i tried to flash it, i got an error saying certification failed then installation aborted. can anyone gimme advised on this? i edit the file using notepad and repack that into the ROM, i touched absolutely nothing other than the build.prop file.

You have to resign the .zip file.

Guest jnwhiteh

What were you changing, out of curiosity?

Guest Stea1thmode
Looks good. Can't get network location working though, maps says locatino temporarily unavailable. It's enabled in settings. Will look into the CID thing when I get home.

EDIT -

CID: unknown.

Neighbouring CID: [28f58da@10]

How do you check CID again?

is it *#*#456....... i forgot the rest

thanks

Guest Smallguy17

Did not work for me. Flashed just fine but after I typed my sim code it just gave me a lot of force closes with a black background? The top taskbar was there though...

I think some of the said "android setup" and "gapps"...

Edited by Smallguy17

Guest Prime61071

Flashed beta 2 on a freshly wiped handset and apart from network location via cell towers not working it looks good, no other problems for me so far.

CM-hero beta2 can be found here, for those who want to check it out. It has the latest synchronised sources, as there were quite a number of updates in the past few days:

cm-hero-beta2.zip

Hi jnwhiteh,

Among the beta1 and beta2 only changes:

• /system/framework/framework.jar
  • /system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
  • /system/lib/libloc_api.so (added)

I can replace/push those files without having to flash the complete ROM?

Thxs!

Guest john johansson

is there anyway to get the original application laucher's original images? from the AOSP? like that thing u push to get the applications menu, and the backrgound where the applications is?

cuz i rly dont like the images from the beta cyanogen mod :/

Guest jnwhiteh
Flashed beta 2 on a freshly wiped handset and apart from network location via cell towers not working it looks good, no other problems for me so far.

This is a simple issue that will be fixed in the next build.

Hi jnwhiteh,

Among the beta1 and beta2 only changes:

• /system/framework/framework.jar
  • /system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
  • /system/lib/libloc_api.so (added)

I can replace/push those files without having to flash the complete ROM?

Thxs!

Don't push anything other than framework. The libhtc_ril from beta1 is correct, and libloc_api is cut.

is there anyway to get the original application laucher's original images? from the AOSP? like that thing u push to get the applications menu, and the backrgound where the applications is?

cuz i rly dont like the images from the beta cyanogen mod :/

Use the Launcher.apk from another ROM, or wait until I build it in there. I can't please everyone, so I'm not sure what else to do.

Guest john johansson
This is a simple issue that will be fixed in the next build.

Don't push anything other than framework. The libhtc_ril from beta1 is correct, and libloc_api is cut.

Use the Launcher.apk from another ROM, or wait until I build it in there. I can't please everyone, so I'm not sure what else to do.

no i see ;) i rly dont know how to get a luncher from another rom, i have the "launcher5" update zip from ckdroid rom, u think that will change it?

well well, perhaps il just wait and see if u change it :D or perhaps if u got the time u could extract one that works for me?

if u got time and so on!