AOSP Eclair 2.1 r4 for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest Prime61071
2. Mention was made of an update.zip to install cyonagen's multitouch browser. All I could find was a post that listed three files to download (apk, so and xml if I remember correctly) and instructions to install them. I did not find an update.zip per say. Can we have a link? And which browser is it? I assume it replaces the existing one.

Not sure about question 1, but the multitouch browser is built into jnwhiteh's Cyanogen-based Hero ROM builds, one of which is listed at the top of this page. Works really well too ;)

Guest TheRealMac

found another thing:

manual selecting of the provider does not work, cause it pops up an error. had this problem before with another 2.1 rom, it was solved the same time, network location worked. I think it has to do with it.

I just restored a backup and it is in there. Menu-->Settings-->Sound & Display-->Brightness. There's a check-box labeled "Automatic brightness".

In short, they're quite literally the same at the source level. 1.2.1 Kagu is the same as the cm-hero betas I have been posting.

I'm currently on KaguDroid 1.2.1, and this one does have the check-box labeled "Automatic brightness" !?

Guest jnwhiteh
I'm currently on KaguDroid 1.2.1, and this one does have the check-box labeled "Automatic brightness" !?

I've identified the issue, and it'll be resolved.

Guest vinc386
What were you changing, out of curiosity?

i changed it from:

CODE

ro.com.android.dateformat=dd-MM-yyyy

ro.com.android.dataroaming=true

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=12

to:

CODE

ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy

ro.com.android.dataroaming=true

ro.ril.hsxpa=1

ro.ril.gprsclass=10

just like the instruction says

my battery dies in ONE day w. wifi & gps & bluetooth & 3G all switched OFF

so this tweak might save me from the battery life problem

here is another question, how can i re-signed it?

Edited by vinc386

Guest jnwhiteh

You don't need to re-sign. Just push the file. Signing an update.zip is not in the scope of this thread. There are a number of threads that discuss making update.zip and the signing process.

Guest vinc386
You don't need to re-sign. Just push the file. Signing an update.zip is not in the scope of this thread. There are a number of threads that discuss making update.zip and the signing process.

also my headphone jack is not working(this is not mentioned in the thread though...)

i tried to flash it a couple times...this problem insisted...am i the only one encounter this?

Guest jnwhiteh
also my headphone jack is not working(this is not mentioned in the thread though...)

i tried to flash it a couple times...this problem insisted...am i the only one encounter this?

Headphones work fine for me and no one else has reported this.

Calendar dosn't work?

But no matter how, it's a very good rom.

Calendar works fine...

Guest iTrondsen

Hi I get passed the pin code entry but stoppes there... Gets bombarded with: Setup wizard has stopped working and askes me to force close it.

What have I done wrong?

I am on HTC Hero GSM (Europe)

was using MCR 3.1 before this, baked a ROM from the kitchen, wiped my phone, and flashed the ROM. Was excited when i saw the "Android" instead of "HTC" during the boot..

However, after entering the PIN code, suddenly there were non-stop FC for setup wizard. I reflashed, it didn't work. Did the whole process again (wipe and flash), still the same. So I'm downloading the default build from the download link now. Hopefully it will work this time. Will update again.

Something wrong with the kitchen? @_@

Guest Subslider
Headphones work fine for me and no one else has reported this.

Calander works fine, but headphones is giving me a problem aswell, it doesnt reconize the headhpones at all..

i taught u discontinued this rom so i didnt bother to report.

isnt there a app that toggles headphone sound? would be a quick fix.

tia.

Guest vinc386

hmmm...

push the file...

i tried a couple times, "pushing" the build.prop to the ROM...but no luck(mayb i was just doing something stupid)...

the adb told me the file was pushed to the ROM, but it ended up breaking the ROM file(cant be open anymore, file corrupted)...

Guest vinc386
Calander works fine, but headphones is giving me a problem aswell, it doesnt reconize the headhpones at all..

i taught u discontinued this rom so i didnt bother to report.

isnt there a app that toggles headphone sound? would be a quick fix.

tia.

exactly...

this happened to my 1.5rom before, and rebooting solved the problem...

therefore i tried rebooting, but obviously it doesnt help in this case for this 2.1 ROM...

what might go wrong here?

Edited by vinc386

• 2 months later...
Guest Farhadix

I have flashed after logo of hero comes a android logo with a spot light, after about 2-3 minute animation stop and play the animation again! I've waited for 45min but nothing happend only android animation! i must remove the battery.

any one have this problem, how solve it?

my radio is : 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26

Edited by Farhadix