Best deal for HTC HD2 on contract

Guest Maxwell Newton

Guest Maxwell Newton

Did you shop around comparing deals and bartering before placing your final order?

If "YES!" then please could you post what you finally went for here so we have something to aim for.

I am due an upgrade with o2 in a couple of weeks and want to get the best deal out of them, what should i be expecting?

Thanks,

Max

Guest candymut
Did you shop around comparing deals and bartering before placing your final order?

If "YES!" then please could you post what you finally went for here so we have something to aim for.

I am due an upgrade with o2 in a couple of weeks and want to get the best deal out of them, what should i be expecting?

Thanks,

Max

Hello.....My first post on this forum.

The deal i have recently received from Virgin Mobile UK is a HTC HD2 with 800 mins and unlimited text and unlimited INTERNET for £30 a month so the phone comes free but this is a 2 year contract but i went for it (now to find a decent case for the large screen).

The supplied HTC HD2 is Sim free and has no logos on from any network and is not locked to any network so you can download the latest ROM as the supplied phone is generic.

I need to mention that with any smart phone or PDA today you do need unlimited data due to the nature of the devices sold so it is a good idea to look for this.

Edited by candymut

Guest andysalmon

Just got a new contract with VF business. (You don't have to have a business!) 500 mins, unlimited calls to landlines, 250 texts and unlimited data for £29. Not as good as Virgin but the Virgin/T Mob network is useless here, well 2G only.

Edited by andysalmon

Guest candymut
Just got a new contract with VF business. (You don't have to have a business!) 500 mins, 250 texts and unlimited data for £29. Not as good as Virgin but the Virgin/T Mob network is useless here, well 2G only.

Well i have sold the HTC HD2 as it was to big and i have went back to a nokia , the phones rubberised finnish started to peel...but i have still got the contract but halved the cost by selling the phone.

Guest Maxwell Newton
Well i have sold the HTC HD2 as it was to big and i have went back to a nokia , the phones rubberised finnish started to peel...but i have still got the contract but halved the cost by selling the phone.

shame to hear that, the only reason im upgrading is to get one ;)

Guest candymut
shame to hear that, the only reason im upgrading is to get one ;)

It will be interesting to see who keeps the HDC HD2 and who sells the phone on and why.

Guest smith2001

Got me a Unlocked HD2 on vodafone

300 mins, unlimited tests

12 month contract

£79.99 for the phone

£50 quidco

Mobiles.co.uk

am not using the sim as wanted to keep my current plan, wanted the phone mostly ;)

Guest Maxwell Newton
Got me a Unlocked HD2 on vodafone

300 mins, unlimited tests

12 month contract

£79.99 for the phone

£50 quidco

Mobiles.co.uk

am not using the sim as wanted to keep my current plan, wanted the phone mostly ;)

Well i phoned o2 this morning and took:

600 mins

Unlimited Text

Unlimited Internet

250 Combi messages (1combi message = 1 picture message)

24 month contract

£26 for HD2 handset

Next day delivery... YIPPEE!!

Pretty happy with that :D It was all thanks to the virgin above, thats what i quoted them (saying obviously it was offered to me) and they matched it but threw in the combi messages :(

Good luck to anyone whose buying!

Max

Edited by Maxwell Newton

Guest rameses

I've just got mine from Virgin.

18 Month Contract @£25.

Monthly allowances:

500 Mins

3000 texts

Unlimited (well 1G) data

Handset cost £80.

This offer apparently isn't supposed to be available in the stores anymore, but I said I'd go elsewhere and they let me have the deal. I think it is still on the website, but the handset cost is £90.

Damn good value and the HD2 is ace.

Guest Lingerhosen

I went with Vodafone, with an internet deal from Dial-a-phone

£40 Handset

£40 p/m

12 Month Contract

300 mins (more than I will use)

Unlimited texts (if you can get them to leave your outbox, lol)

'Unlimited' data

Pretty good deal I thought for a 12 monther. Although VF is quite expensive (36p for a Picture message???)

Windows 7 in Jan 2011

:D

Guest raider10
I went with Vodafone, with an internet deal from Dial-a-phone

£40 Handset

£40 p/m

12 Month Contract

300 mins (more than I will use)

Unlimited texts (if you can get them to leave your outbox, lol)

'Unlimited' data

Pretty good deal I thought for a 12 monther. Although VF is quite expensive (36p for a Picture message???)

Windows 7 in Jan 2011

:D

i found a similar deal on mobiles.co.uk although u have to pay 80quid for the phone. is the dial a phone website trusted? ive never heard of it.

and what u mean by ''Unlimited texts (if you can get them to leave your outbox, lol)'' u mean the bug with vodafone simcards or something that doesnt allow hd2 to send texts untill restart the phone?

Guest Maxwell Newton
i found a similar deal on mobiles.co.uk although u have to pay 80quid for the phone. is the dial a phone website trusted? ive never heard of it.

and what u mean by ''Unlimited texts (if you can get them to leave your outbox, lol)'' u mean the bug with vodafone simcards or something that doesnt allow hd2 to send texts untill restart the phone?

some HD2's dont send sms, but the new ROM update fixes it, so be sure to get it from HTC :D

Guest Shadowdh

I used dial a phone(y) to get my HD2 and its the same as above except in the end I paid 11.50 for the phone on a 12 mth contract due to getting some cash back for them being such a pain in the rear and lying to me so often... took soooo long to get the phone to me and they repeatedly lied to me, got caught out and then lied again about that... the deal is ok but the service is sh.....

Guest Prosody

I just took the Virgin deal, 18months @ £25 per month, got the phone for £80, also as i am a Virgin TV/Broadband/Phone customer I get two months free line rental and three months free insurance. :(

Very happy. :(

Guest Swampie

I've just ordered an HD2 from T-Mobile for my wife. I went for the cheapest tariff which was £10 per month, for 24 months, making the handset £241. However, I get free internet, unlimited texts (and 100 mins per month). I also get £50 vouchers for recommending her (and 3 months free on-network calls).

It would have been £190 for me on upgrade (as I have 50% discount with Friends and Relations discount), so upgraded to a G2 Touch for much less, and going to sell it to fund the HD2.

Guest anubi1126

Got mine at fones4u on orange unlocked unbranded £35 pr month upgrade 1300 mins unlimited text and internet no branding on the phone case either

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mcwarre

For £41 a month:

- Free handset ;)

- Unlimited anytime cross-network (and landline) minutes :P

- Unlimited texts ;)

- Unlimited data :P

- 24 months :)

- £65 cashback from quidco :D

- On T-Mobile

Guest Maxwell Newton

The worst thing about this thread is when youve got your contract and you come back here and see a better one!! for £10 more i could have had unlimited calls..... darn!

Guest andybarker

£200 for phone, but only £25 per month on T-Mobile.

- 600 minutes

- 500 texts

- Unlimited internet

- Unlimited landline calls (free Booster)

Guest Maxwell Newton
£200 for phone, but only £25 per month on T-Mobile.

- 600 minutes

- 500 texts

- Unlimited internet

- Unlimited landline calls (free Booster)

Contract length?

Looks a bit like youve 'been had' compared to the other deals on here!

Guest andybarker
Contract length?

Looks a bit like youve 'been had' compared to the other deals on here!

On balance, I prefer my deal for me.

I prefer to stick with T-Mobile - very happy with their service (odd hiccup here and there), good coverage where I need it, generous and flexible internet usage (they don't rape you as soon as you go over any limits), and got a few bargains from them as I have a few accounts with them (brother's phone, 3G dongle, etc).

I realise Virgin sit on top of T-Mobile, but I'm happier with going direct. Personal choice.

Guest gizmolisa2006

Got mine today, with Virgin Mobile.

£30.00 a month

phone free

800 minutes anytime any network

free virgin to virgin calls unlimited

unlimited texts

unlimited internet

first 2 months free of charge

first 3 months insurance free (£5.99 normally)

Edited by gizmolisa2006