27/May 5.0.7.1 - CyanogenMod-5 for Nexus One online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Amdathlonuk

Paul,

Any chance of some default apps to select in the baking process??

Iwas thinking maybe

A file manager of some sort as these are pretty much needed to reload your apps (estrongs / Linda / Astro)

Nav Launcher (I can then unslect maps and get Nav working almost from rebooting ;-))

I'm sure a few other people might want something.

Ha works beautiful and who would have thought it tweetcaster appears to still be free with this rom installed yet not with stock. That might require a look into asap before all type of s*** hits the fan.

Though the free upgrade key they issued earlier still works with the protocol corrected version.

Rom seems faster than ever. Great work and cheers to Paul for getting the kitchen up so fast.

Guest Mantisen

Just baked and flashed beta 3, great work on getting it up so fast (went to bed with beta 2 and woke up with beta 3!).

Can't wait till CM gets this out in a final version so you can do the usual MoDaCo magic to it :) (If you have plans for that?) B)

Everytime I'm using CyanogenMod I got problems with the data connection and MMS. Expecially when using Google Maps. I'm in Germany and my provider is T-Mobile. I've discoverd, that the apns-conf.xml Cyanogen is using, got wrong settings for T-Mobile DE. I've exchanged the file with the one that Paul us using in his MCR-ROMs. After resetting the settings, the problem is gone and everything is well.

I only had checked the German settings, I don't know if settings for some other countries are wrong too. But it's better to use Pauls apns-conf.xml, I think. I also informed Cyanogen...

Edited by PAQman

Guest SeraphimSerapis
Everytime I'm using CyanogenMod I got problems with the data connection and MMS. Expecially when using Google Maps. I'm in Germany and my provider is T-Mobile. I've discoverd, that the apns-conf.xml Cyanogen is using, got wrong settings for T-Mobile DE. I've exchanged the file with the one that Paul us using in his MCR-ROMs. After resetting the settings, the problem is gone and everything is well.

I only had checked the German settings, I don't know if settings for some other countries are wrong too. But it's better to use Pauls apns-conf.xml, I think. I also informed Cyanogen...

can u upload the corrected file?

i'm using t-mo de also :)

can u upload the corrected file?

i'm using t-mo de also :)

I added the file. Look in the post above.

Copy the file to /etc

Afer copying enter Settings - Wireless & networks -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names and choose 'reset to default' in the menu. The settings will be corrected.

Guest SeraphimSerapis
I added the file. Look in the post above.

Copy the file to /etc

Afer copying enter Settings - Wireless & networks -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names and choose 'reset to default' in the menu. The settings will be corrected.

Thank you very much :)

Guest elisir79

Just flashed now, it works fine. :)

I have checked the kernel with boost ram, wifi doesn 't work and reboot my nexus.

Have you the module to push into my Nexus? ?

when using the mcr roms, after flashing google always synced my applications and settings.

since trying CM, this does not happen anymore. any ideas why? was a nice-to-have feature :)

Guest AndyCr15

Ok, I have unlocked the bootloader, I think I applied Superboot, I have RA's recovery image on, I've now flashed this ROM... how long should it take the first boot? It's not frozen or anything, but it's been on the 4 colours spraying in for about 7 or 8 minutes now. Is this normal?

(Oh, I moved the SD card from my Hero to the Nexus One, was this a mistake?)

**EDIT** Okay, nevermind. I pulled the battery, wiped everything and booted again and it loaded in a minute :)

Edited by AndyCr15

Guest benchallenger

hey all, quick question coming from stock Nexus, (though have used MCR on my hero before, Gr8 work!) . When I flash this freshly baked rom after a wipe, including all optional components, do I have to install anything after-wards to get full functionaility? (IE Gapps, Wifi module etc etc) Or should this work out of the "oven" so to speak. (Using the CM 5 beta 3 .29 kernal + Mem Hack)

Many Thanks!

What's the difference between Cyanogenmod's own beta 3 image and the "Kitchen version"? Same image or? (Except for the possibility to remove unneeded applications and add features... :) )

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

Guest batista70

With this one : 2.6.29 kernel with memory bank patch (29/Jan)

* This option installs a version of the 2.6.29 kernel WITH the patch for accessing the second bank of memory. May cause stability issues, use with caution.

You've to push the wi-fi module or it works ???

Battery charge is regoular ???

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Guest batista70
No need to push anything.

Battery works.

P

Thanks, i'll try asap B)

I've stock ROM ( Rooted ) with just_a_black_bar and nexus_theme_0.02.2 installed, i need to wipe ???

If yes, which kind of wipe ???

After i'll install your ROM i'll be able to install these 2 themes ???

Thanks again for your patience :)

Edited by batista70

Guest Mantisen
Thanks, i'll try asap B)

I've stock ROM ( Rooted ) with just_a_black_bar and nexus_theme_0.02.2 installed, i need to wipe ???

If yes, which kind of wipe ???

After i'll install your ROM i'll be able to install these 2 themes ???

Thanks again for your patience :)

I think you need to wipe the first time you move to CM, not sure if it applies on stock ROM though :D

Guest batista70
I think you need to wipe the first time you move to CM, not sure if it applies on stock ROM though :)

Thanks, i'll decide in the next hours B)

Other 2 questions :

Gmail works ???

SDCard works ??? I've a Transcend 8Gb Class 6

Edited by batista70

Kitchen updated! :)

P

Changelog

30/Jan - 16:40 GMT

Added 'MoDaCo Additions', including Titanium Backup, WiFi status indicator, Wavesecure, Wired Tether and Wireless Tether - all normally found in MCR ROMs.