T-Mobile's New Tariffs & Price "Refresh" Part 2 - Full Details!

Guest tsutton

Guest sockatume

It turns out that the existing Plus and Max add-ons for contract handsets still exist, they're just not an option at the check-out. So you can still tether, you just have to arrange it after you sign up.

Guest sockatume

Here are the plan variants, which explain some of the complications. I'm assuming 24 months here, for 18 month contracts add £5 and note that High User is not available.

Low User is the "base plan". It's available from £10 to £25 per month, and 22 of the 23 handsets are available, the exception being the Nokia 8800 Carbon Arte.

Medium User costs £5 per month more than Low User for a given number of minutes and texts. It's available from £15 to £30 in this form, as you might expect. The handsets are about £30-£40 cheaper than Low User. Significantly fewer handsets are available with this plan.

High User costs £10 per month than Low User for a given number of minutes and texts. It's available from £25 to £35. It includes unlimited internet. The handsets are about £70-£80 cheaper than Low User. The handset selection is a little different from that at Medium User, in particular Android handsets with inclusive internet seem to be taken out (because you're better off on Medium User, presumably).

Medium User also has a special £35 tarriff which has the most minutes and texts available, 1200/500. With this plan you can choose any of the 22 phones in the range for free, and the Nokia 8800 Carbon Arte is available on this plan (and none of the others)

Guest shadamehr
Excellent summary shadamehr, as you say it seems you know more about these deals than T-Mob themselves! Maybe you should apply for a job there? ;)

Just one point....

I think this varies between handsets. When I looked up the HD2 the internet bundle is inluded free in ALL contracts, right the way up from the £10 a month deal and includes 18 month contracts as well.

Now i've studied the deals a bit more i'm a lot happier. I've always paid more than I really need to per month to get a cheap/free phone but now i'm thinking of getting the HD2 on the £10 a month deal. Ok the phone will cost me £241 but i'll be saving £30 every month which adds up to a far better deal. From what I can tell that £10 would get me free internet and then I can use the free booster for unlimited texts which is all I need really.

As recently as yesterday I was saying I'll never sign up to a 24 month contract but at £10 it's really not much of an issue.

Nice find - it seems they do indeed offer the "Internet Devices" plan with additional Free Web on top of the other choosable bundle, right across all the price points.

The only issue being the price of the phone, on a £10 a month only package.

But hey, things like the Samsung Galaxy Spica (or whatever T-Mo have called there version of it), is weighing it pretty darned cheap even on a £10 a month contract!

So well spotted that man!

ONLY BUMMER - despite three Retentions bods telling me he (my son, who uses the contract I upgraded yesterday to get my E72) would KEEP his 3.5G access, all tests today show him getting only a 3G symbol on his phone when connected and downloading, unlike his previous experience where he got the 3.5G symbol.

So yup, does indeed look like the Internet Bundles are now 3G only, not 3.5G.

BUMMER - but I'm still gonna fire off an email to T-Mo, as they told me it would be the same high speed! So I'll see what comes from it!

Guest Bandare

I helped a friend to get an HD2 on Tmobile and explained to go through customer retention (cancellation first). In the end got a cracking deal for £20 a month with internet on 300 mins and 300 txt's and £50 for the phone.

Sadly, when it arrived he's had quite a few issues with streaming. Seems Tmobile have changed the ROM quite a bit and it doesn't come with the ability to stream things like Youtube out of the box...... I went to the Tmobile site and found loads of people on their forum complaining about this exact thing. Seems a bit tight to change the ROM so certain features don't work.

I wonder, can he just get the latest updated official HTC ROM and put that in without it having an affect on his guarantee? Would that cure the streaming issue?

Guest Jonnyw2k

After just getting my nexus one i've dropped to 12month sim only with 600mins Unlimited Texts and Unlimited Net for £20pm which isnt to bad, and the bonus thing is if i ever want to upgrade back to full contract again I can do this at anytime and will be offered the usual upgrade deals(although im a but duboius of this as its a 12month contract) but if i had taken the 30day contract I would not be entitled to any offers when upgrading.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mcwarre
It turns out that the existing Plus and Max add-ons for contract handsets still exist, they're just not an option at the check-out. So you can still tether, you just have to arrange it after you sign up.

That's interesting - does it cost more?

Cos if you go here http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/mobile-...phone-as-modem/ and click through "See which phones you can use to connect your laptop to the internet" you can get the Internet Plus Booster included (for free) and thus tether it. Surely?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.