No repair required after every reboot

Guest flash2004

Guest flash2004

Got a Transcend 8GB Class 6 Micro SDHC last week. Now I no longer have to repair after every reboot. Magic !!

Haven't done anything special. I am running a Vanilla 1.7 MCR. Anybody else notice something similar ?

(BTW, I bought two of them in a deal. So got an extra one :) PM me if anybody is interested.)

I have the same card. Phone seems to work fine until it comes to installing apps.

I have to repair or Market will not install apps.

Edited by Daz555

Guest flash2004

apps2sd seems to be working as available space is being shown as 85MB.

Just installed co-pilot -> rebooted --> then installed ndrive --> rebooted --> again installed spotify without any issues. Available space now 83 MB. My partitions are of the standard configuration.

Swap 0

Ext4 512 MB

Remaining - Fat

Edited by flash2004

Guest gavinlew
apps2sd seems to be working as available space is being shown as 85MB.

Just installed co-pilot -> rebooted --> then installed ndrive --> rebooted --> again installed spotify without any issues. Available space now 83 MB. My partitions are of the standard configuration.

Swap 0

Ext4 512 MB

Remaining - Fat

Thats interesting, the notes say there should be no swap partition at all, not a 0 sized one.

For example my memory card is partitioned with the primary as FAT , then the EXT partition which always requires a extfs fix on reboot/power drain.

I wont have any time this week now to play with a new SD card with this configuration.

That is how I have formatted both my cards, using the recovery image in one of the stickies... I don't have the same one but my original 2gb and my 8gb card both have the same issues with having to repair after a reboot.

Guest starkos

How strange lol! flash2004, how exactly did you go about swapping your old for new sdcard? Did you restore a nand/bart backup, or did you re-install 1.7 again after formatting/partitioning the sdcard?