21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MingoChang
HTC live wallapper make the phone very sluggish, any idea why?

I think that's because the app drawer sucks...

The app drawer in the real desire rom is different with the one in the original 2.1 system. And the live wallpaper doesn't make the the phone sluggish when launching on a desire rom. If you choose a stock live wallpaper, you'll also see the slugging though slighter.

In short, it's hard to solve this problem since it's a problem of the app drawer rather than the live wallpaper.

Guest jasup

would this be possible to have the appdrawer from the desire rom to this one?

and would u know where i can this the static htc wallpaper?

Guest robward

I'm having an odd problem with this new ROM, I've done a few searches and don't see any other threads about it.

When I take pictures now, it sometimes takes up to a day for them to show up in the gallery. This only started happening in the latest ROM so I'm guessing it has something to do with using the new desire camera app? I've noticed it stores the pictures in a different directory.

Anyone else having this happen or perhaps know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Guest dave_a
  • Jbed Java

Excellent! Just what I have been waiting for, a working version of Jbed. I have now got the Betfair java app running so no longer have to switch back to my Touch HD whenever I need this :P

Guest RTX101
I'm having an odd problem with this new ROM, I've done a few searches and don't see any other threads about it.

When I take pictures now, it sometimes takes up to a day for them to show up in the gallery. This only started happening in the latest ROM so I'm guessing it has something to do with using the new desire camera app? I've noticed it stores the pictures in a different directory.

Anyone else having this happen or perhaps know how to fix it?

Thanks.

I had the same problem even with the stock rom. I don't know but maybe it's because of the SD Scard? I've got a 8Gb SD, some kind "low level cheap one"... :P

Edit: Im so sorry to say "made in China", no offends my friend!

Edited by RTX101

Guest MingoChang
I had the same problem even with the stock rom. I don't know but maybe it's because of the SD Scard? I've got a 8Gb SD, some kind of made in china... :P

Hey, why not try to live for half a year without buying products made in China? I'm sure you'll be mad at the end.

It is nothing to do with the SD card, your "made in China" guess makes no sense at all.

Guest MingoChang
would this be possible to have the appdrawer from the desire rom to this one?

and would u know where i can this the static htc wallpaper?

It's no easy the work. It seems that the app drawer in the desire rom requires frameworks from htc. There's no static wallpaper but only the live one...

And for the black bar, check out this thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...r-mcr-cyanogen/

Not sure if it works on r13, you can pm the author of the theme for more info.

Guest RTX101
Hey, why not try to live for half a year without buying products made in China? I'm sure you'll be mad at the end.

It is nothing to do with the SD card, your "made in China" guess makes no sense at all.

You're right, Im sorry for saying that without thinking twice. The SD that came with my phone - in fact - was replaced with the slowly 8Gb one (which I think must be the stock high class 4Gb one).

Guest MingoChang
You're right, Im sorry for saying that without thinking twice. The SD that came with my phone - in fact - was replaced with the slowly 8Gb one (which I think must be the stock high class 4Gb one).

The gallery shows unexpected errors from time to time. My experience is that, deleting /sdcard/Android/data/com.cooliris.media and /sdcard/DiskIndex* can fix most of the problems.

I have temporarily removed CIME due to a dependency on a portion of the HTC framework. This can be merged into the CIME APK to enable compatability with generic ROMs, I will look at doing this.

P

Guest MingoChang
I have temporarily removed CIME due to a dependency on a portion of the HTC framework. This can be merged into the CIME APK to enable compatability with generic ROMs, I will look at doing this.

P

Thank Paul for all your efforts!

A quick update - I will have extremely limited Internet access for the next 2 weeks, so there will be fewer (if any) updates and less responses from me in thread until I am fully back online on the 20th April. Thanks for your understanding. :(

That said, a lot of people on this thread have been here since the very beginning and are very knowledgeable, so I'm sure this thread will continue to thrive with everyone helping each other! :P

Definitely some cool stuff lined up for when I return - a new system that frees up space on /system and /data and I will be looking at selectively porting stuff from the Desire too, while maintaining the ultra stable core. The same applies for things like 360 degree rotate, trackball wake et al - i'll look to integrate them in an optional and very reliable manner.

P

Guest kwandds

Could someone post the custom themes that are available for this rom? I think that's the reason why I haven't gone to this theme.

Also wondering why there aren't more themes being made compatible to this rom.

Thanks

Guest kwandds

Thanks.

I decided to go with this rom and already using your ModacoHeroStatus bar theme.

Is the battery percentage possible on this rom?

Guest hah2110
All Themes I've done are for MCR Rom. I've posted them in own threads in this forum.

I get verification failed trying to load your glass bar theme over r13... Any help?

Guest Jonnyw2k

I have a very wierd issue possibly a bug.

When I turn my car stereo off(paired via bluetooth) my nexus starts playing music(although it was not playing when paired) and the nexus doesnt seem to realise its playing music as the play icon is not in the notifications bar and to stop it I have to go to music then hit play and then pause.

Just wondering if its just me thats having this issue or if everyone else is:

Quick workaround is using something like task killer add music to the auto kill list.

Guest rj7855
I have a very wierd issue possibly a bug.

When I turn my car stereo off(paired via bluetooth) my nexus starts playing music(although it was not playing when paired) and the nexus doesnt seem to realise its playing music as the play icon is not in the notifications bar and to stop it I have to go to music then hit play and then pause.

Just wondering if its just me thats having this issue or if everyone else is:

Quick workaround is using something like task killer add music to the auto kill list.

I have had this kind of problems on every rom, including stock. It´s well known that music sometimes starts playing when unplugging headphones

Guest wjaxxx

Paul,

Pay attention to this "new" features!

I have moved again from Cyanogen to MCR because one of these featrures (batt percentage, trackball awake, etc etc) is causing real problems with battery life.

So, just be cautious!

regards!

Guest qvert
Paul,

Pay attention to this "new" features!

I have moved again from Cyanogen to MCR because one of these featrures (batt percentage, trackball awake, etc etc) is causing real problems with battery life.

So, just be cautious!

regards!

yes, thats true maybe make them optional but don't force to use them because i think the problem could be trackball wake because its running in the background the whole time to check for a trackball action? so this should drain the battery

Guest Jonnyw2k
I have had this kind of problems on every rom, including stock. It´s well known that music sometimes starts playing when unplugging headphones

Yeah but on previous roms it told me it was playing, on this rom it doesnt it just plays without knowing it

Guest Formel-LMS
I get verification failed trying to load your glass bar theme over r13... Any help?

Yeah,

Its a metamorph theme. No install over recovery.

Please read the first post in my thread and don't post problems with the Themes in Pauls thread.

We want to keep it clear. :P