21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest teknologist
I just downloaded the baked rom again, but wireless tethering still can't work..... ;)

Uninstall wireless tether from Settings/applications

and reinstall the apk from the original website: http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-teth...&q=NexusOne

the filename is wireless_tether_2_0-pre3_eclair.apk

Then install it using adb:

./adb install wireless_tether_2_0-pre3_eclair.apk

or copy it to sd card and then open it with a file manager.

Works great for me since Paul fixed it this morning !

[EDIT] seems wireless tether app doesn't like to be pre-included in ROMs... ;-)

Edited by teknologist

Guest AndyCr15

Okay, here's from the beginning. This is after I've adb remount and chmod as you said...

Any ideas?

**EDIT** I've just noticed, the numbers in the brackets are getting bigger all the time, what do they signify? So, when looking, the same line I notice, started showing ( 340) but is now up to ( 398). Mean anything?

Also, when I do adb chmod... it lists loads of commands I can use with adb, why is one of them not chmod?

post-126170-1265821859_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndyCr15

Guest teknologist
Made email an optional component.

Yeah, not sure why the APK doesn't like being an in-ROM inclusion, I am investigating!

P

Latest apk wiresless tether in your online kitchen is good. But the earlier fix is wrong.

ifconfig Symlink is:

Feb 10 17:49 /system/bin/ifconfig -> busybox

In your ROM

and should be:

Feb 10 18:15 /system/bin/ifconfig -> /system/xbin/busybox

I modified it on my NexusOne after applying latest baked ROM and it works great !

Guest AndyCr15
Ah, it should be 'adb shell chmod'.

But if you've redownloaded and reflashed, it's not that...

Okay, well, I'm going to backup my SD card and format, partition it using RA recovery and then apply the ROM. If that doesn't work... I might give up! ;)

Guest Michael Perry
Teknologist - ah ha, fixed! ;)

P

Hi Paul-

I am enjoying the baked rom I did for the update and want to get wireless tethering working. I believe I can just flash this over the top of the earlier baking job from the kitchen for the update with himem, etc? I'm a bit nervous because I am truly loving the current state of my NexusOne but would like to have the update plus the goodies. Never enough goodies :-). So I anticipate I can just flash this over the top of the earlier kitchen baked rom with himem, etc?

Thanks!

Guest slyydrr

Hi everyone. What's the Android System battery usage on this ROM? I know it was abnormally high in the Cyanogen 5.0 Beta 4 ROM and was curious if it was an issue here as well. Normally I'd just bake a ROM myself, give it a go and find out on my own, but the kitchen isn't up at the moment. ;)

Thanks!

Hi Paul-

I am enjoying the baked rom I did for the update and want to get wireless tethering working. I believe I can just flash this over the top of the earlier baking job from the kitchen for the update with himem, etc? I'm a bit nervous because I am truly loving the current state of my NexusOne but would like to have the update plus the goodies. Never enough goodies :-). So I anticipate I can just flash this over the top of the earlier kitchen baked rom with himem, etc?

Thanks!

Yeah, just flash over the top!

P

Guest teknologist
Hi everyone. What's the Android System battery usage on this ROM? I know it was abnormally high in the Cyanogen 5.0 Beta 4 ROM and was curious if it was an issue here as well. Normally I'd just bake a ROM myself, give it a go and find out on my own, but the kitchen isn't up at the moment. ;)

Thanks!

Well I had exactly the same issue as you with CM5b4...wiped out my whole battery in about 6 hours. Then I wen to stock ERE27 and Paul's MCR 1.5 addon and everything is great since. I do achieve 24hrs+ battery life (with normal phone use) which is enough for me!

I do use the MCR baked ROMS since then and my battery usage is outstanding considering the speed of the ROM and the usage I make of the phone !

Edited by teknologist

Guest PhonePersona

My phone will NOT boot up after installing this ROM.

I've tried baking 3 variations in the kitchen, I've tried running off a clean wipe, I've tried installing over the stock ERE272.

I just get stuck in a colorful Nexus loop over and over again.

What gives?

I'm having the same issue. su Request has to be force quit.

Here's what I'm getting when attempting to launch Titanium Backup -

post-250502-1265848185_thumb.png

Attempting to load the Superuser Permissions app results in the same issue.

Edited by aob

This Rom and SU are working just fine. Make sure that if you arent upgrading from an ERE27 based rom that you wipe everything first

I did a full wipe prior to install.

Guest slyydrr
Well I had exactly the same issue as you with CM5b4...wiped out my whole battery in about 6 hours. Then I wen to stock ERE27 and Paul's MCR 1.5 addon and everything is great since. I do achieve 24hrs+ battery life (with normal phone use) which is enough for me!

I do use the MCR baked ROMS since then and my battery usage is outstanding considering the speed of the ROM and the usage I make of the phone !

Yep! Works great! Thanks for the reply. What settings are you using to get 24+ hrs? I got about 48 with auto-sync disabled and no GPS unless I need it on stock ERE27, but I haven't given it a run with auto-sync enabled.

The ROM definitely feels a bit snappier, nice work Paul!

Edited by slyydrr

Guest davidcroda
Here's what I'm getting when attempting to launch Titanium Backup -

post-250502-1265848185_thumb.png

Attempting to load the Superuser Permissions app results in the same issue.

You need to enable USB Debugging for some reason noone ever posts this in the instructions. Probably because everyone already has it enabled who is testing it

Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB Debugging - Make sure it is enabled

this drove me crazy until I figured it out heh

Guest confirm045

Im new in trying to flashing a ROM in Nexus but ive done it loads of time in Hero... i quick silly question, do i need to partition my sdcard in recovery before flashing this ROM?? i did a nandroid backup already ;)

Im new in trying to flashing a ROM in Nexus but ive done it loads of time in Hero... i quick silly question, do i need to partition my sdcard in recovery before flashing this ROM?? i did a nandroid backup already ;)

for this rom you don't need to partition your sdcard at all.

if you want to use app2sd at some later stage, you should still do it now (or partition with things like gparted, so you don't remove stuff from your card).

i haven't bothered partitioning my card yet, as i dont think i'll need to.