21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Chicaned

Alright Paul,

Couple of issues I've seen with 1.8. When I plug USB in with USB debugging enabled. When I pull the task bar down it says ABCDEFGHI.... instead of USB debugging enabled.

Also, SU permissions doesn't appear to work. Just gets stuck on a black screen and crashes out.

I completely flattened the phone before upgrading BTW.

Alright Paul,

Couple of issues I've seen with 1.8. When I plug USB in with USB debugging enabled. When I pull the task bar down it says ABCDEFGHI.... instead of USB debugging enabled.

Also, SU permissions doesn't appear to work. Just gets stuck on a black screen and crashes out.

I completely flattened the phone before upgrading BTW.

Noticed the SU issue also, it works sometimes but most of the times it just shows a black screen and after a while you get a FC on a program asking the root access

Guest teknologist
Noticed the SU issue also, it works sometimes but most of the times it just shows a black screen and after a while you get a FC on a program asking the root access

Don't have that issue neither.

Have tested with Wifi tether, cache cleaner, SUFBS, setCPU...everything works flawless !

Guest Chicaned
Don't have that issue neither.

Have tested with Wifi tether, cache cleaner, SUFBS, setCPU...everything works flawless !

It was SetCPU where I first saw the issue. Then I just tried to run the Superuser Permission app with the same issue. I've reverted back to 1.6 now. I do love Nandroid backup.

Guest wjaxxx
No, I don't because there is no need for it.

The kernel source tree is the 2.6.33 vanilla tree from android git. (It's in the experimental kernel project - tagged 2.6.33-test1 ).

I just modified to undervolt at low freqs and applied the capacitive buttons tweak (infos are on XDA, it's barely 5 lines modified in the whole tree).

As per the .config, it's always available on your phone in /proc/config.gz

And as per what you want to do, I don't really understand what you mean. If you mean undervolt more, I wouldn't advise it !

I dont mean Undervolt, I mean UnderCLOCK!

Run the CPU while in sleep state at... lets say 128Mhz. Dont know if it is possible but I think i saw it somwhere..

Merci pour tes explications!

Guest teknologist

By the way the new TCK 0.7 also has the conservative CPU governor compiled in (forgot to mention in the changelog) so you can use the new setCPU (v1.5+ i believe) to change CPU governor to conservative under certain profiles ;-)

For example, I have setup mine like this:

If battery < 25% then switch to conservative CPU governor and have min CPU Freq set to 245Mhz and Max to 576Mhz....

Many other combinations can be tried ! ;-)

Of course I also use setCPU to lock CPU to 245Mhz when in sleep mode, helps a lot because 245Mhz is undervolted in TCK 0.7 ;-)

Edited by teknologist

Guest teknologist
I dont mean Undervolt, I mean UnderCLOCK!

Run the CPU while in sleep state at... lets say 128Mhz. Dont know if it is possible but I think i saw it somwhere..

Merci pour tes explications!

Yes you can do that (128Mhz only though I think). You need to play with the arch/arm/mach-msm/acpuclock-scorpion.c file.

Nevertheless, I strongly suggest you avoid running the N1 at 128Mhz as it is not a supported configuration.

Also, the battery gain would be marginal in my opinion.

Locking the sleep freq to 245Mhz Undervolted does already an excellent job.

I think you'll achieve better battery usage by tweaking a good setCPU config rather than messing up with unsupported/uncertified frequencies.

Edited by teknologist

Guest tralivali
Congratz on this ROM.

Seems to me to be the best for daily use.Stable and very fluid.

Why have I no root here?

There is graphical su app.

But there's not /system/xbin/su.

Graphical SU app hangs everytime it runs with empty black screen.

:(

Guest teknologist
Why have I no root here?

There is graphical su app.

But there's not /system/xbin/su.

Graphical SU app hangs everytime it runs with empty black screen.

:(

On mine it's in /system/bin/su

Guest MingoChang

So, went through all the replies and below seem to be the two main problems located in 1.8:

1. Strange SU permission window: sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't.

2. Strange notification of USB debugging mode, that is, the "ABCDEF..." notification.

I don't care about the second one, but the first one is bothering. I'm seeking for a stable ROM which have su and large memory support. This ROM seems to be the best choice except for the SU windows bug.

I really don't see problem 1 at all when I have 'USB Debugging' enabled. Problem 2 I am aware of and i'm working to fix.

P

It's strange because for example if I launch N1 Torch, it hangs on a black su request screen, either way if I have debuggin on or off.

EDIT: Rebooting the device seems to fix it for a while

Edited by inf

Guest teknologist
It's strange because for example if I launch N1 Torch, it hangs on a black su request screen, either way if I have debuggin on or off.

EDIT: Rebooting the device seems to fix it for a while

Well just downloaded N1 Torch and works without a glitch here ! Have tried like 7 root apps and haven't managed to reproduce the problem yet...

Logcat anyone ???

Guest MingoChang
I really don't see problem 1 at all when I have 'USB Debugging' enabled. Problem 2 I am aware of and i'm working to fix.

P

Great! Thanks in advance!

Guest gandalf027
Well just downloaded N1 Torch and works without a glitch here ! Have tried like 7 root apps and haven't managed to reproduce the problem yet...

Logcat anyone ???

Torch works here without any problems.

Guest Chicaned

Hmmm.... what version of RA's recovery is everyone using? I'm running v1.6.2 and having the Superuser issue with v1.8. Wonder if it could be that. Doubt it though.

Guest MingoChang
Hmmm.... what version of RA's recovery is everyone using? I'm running v1.6.2 and having the Superuser issue with v1.8. Wonder if it could be that. Doubt it though.

+1

Anyone using 1.5.3 please try if you have the SU issue of 1.8...

I just can't wait to flash this ROM since it's so perfect except this problem.

Guest xkonni
+1

Anyone using 1.5.3 please try if you have the SU issue of 1.8...

I just can't wait to flash this ROM since it's so perfect except this problem.

what problem with su is it then?

that you dont have superuser privileges after restoring a nandroid backup? that is the only bug related to the recovery and its fixed with 1.6.2 (that means that you have to create nandroid images with 1.6.2 and does not fix old backups!)

but i guess you talk of some other problem here. be more descriptive :(

Guest Chicaned
what problem with su is it then?

that you dont have superuser privileges after restoring a nandroid backup? that is the only bug related to the recovery and its fixed with 1.6.2 (that means that you have to create nandroid images with 1.6.2 and does not fix old backups!)

but i guess you talk of some other problem here. be more descriptive :(

I have RA v1.6.2 and I did a fresh install of modaco v1.8. Whenever I try to use an app that uses SU I just get a black screen and eventually it forces close. When I restore back to my nandroid modaco v1.6 backup everything works fine again. I doubt it's RA but though it might be a shot.

Guest fargusmax

I've also noticed the SU black screen issue. I seem to fix it by some combination of enabling debugging support and even flashing the rom a 2nd time (but without wiping on the 2nd flash)

My other issue is Force Close on CorpCal.apk. I've got 1.0.4 which I believe is the latest, and it works fine on Cyan's 5.0.4.1, but I've gotten FC on every MCR release since 1.6...Anybody have any suggestions for that?

Guest teknologist

Have 1.6.2 too.

Have you tried wiping (data+dalvik) before flashing ? Shouldn't be needed if you come from earlier MCR but just in case...