Custom Samsung B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2

Guest ronald-mcdrive

Guest Real_life

WOW

another release for B7610

thanks man, that's people like you that make b7610 owners very proud!

i'm still using the old and good stock 6.1... but as no one has done a lite rom for 6.1, this one seems to be a good start

Already downloadin' for testing

keep up the good work

damm the user "sande" is right...

can't extract the files from the new release

i'll try the one above if it's not the same...

sorry for double posting :s

Edited by Real_life

Guest Real_life

WOW

another release for B7610

thanks man, that's people like you that make b7610 owners very proud!

i'm still using the old and good stock 6.1... but as no one has done a lite rom for 6.1, this one seems to be a good start

Already downloadin' for testing

keep up the good work

Guest Real_life

already downloaded

And now it can be extracted

Thanks!

Just a question

Language come from CSC no?

My B7610 has come with stock 6.1, is it better to get a more recent CSC?

Guest ronald-mcdrive
already downloaded

And now it can be extracted

Thanks!

Just a question

Language come from CSC no?

My B7610 has come with stock 6.1, is it better to get a more recent CSC?

If you have the issue as described at the first post, yes:

- When upgrading from WM 6.1 you can't use the hardware buttons and keyboard when the phone comes out of the lock screen. (Thanks to kaluku and laurenz)

Flash a new CSC file (from WM 6.5)

Guest Real_life

Thanks for the help

when i was flashing using octans mini, i unchecked [Do not erase "My storage] to clean it.

But after flashing it was the same as before the flash, it had even some portuguese related folders from the last rom.

Is that normal? isn't it suposed to delete everything unecessary from storage?

I've deleted manually all programs folders and junk that is not being in use by this rom, is this safe?

What shouldn't be deleted, if theres something?

Thanks

Edited by Real_life

Thanks for this ROM.

I confirm, all languages and geo parameters are in. (French is Ok for me ^^)

But it doesn't solve my problem about having the original parameters settings of Windows Mobile (not the Samsung ones), for the Phone parameters, in order to access the settings for "Internet calls" (voip).

Hi, Great ROM using it for 10 minutes and already liking it, pretty resposive. at last the smile button can be used for ok and is fast :D

Is there a way to add the samsung dialer? otherwise I don't see how you can do video calls, It is greyed out also, its nicer than the default one.

Guest Real_life
Thanks for this ROM.

I confirm, all languages and geo parameters are in. (French is Ok for me ^^)

But it doesn't solve my problem about having the original parameters settings of Windows Mobile (not the Samsung ones), for the Phone parameters, in order to access the settings for "Internet calls" (voip).

how did you change the language?

I'd like to put in PT

how did you change the language?

I'd like to put in PT

In the settings, "General settings" last option "Change the langage".

This will reset the installation (last step) with the selected langage (I think it erase the configuration if you have already done something before).

Guest Real_life
In the settings, "General settings" last option "Change the langage".

This will reset the installation (last step) with the selected langage (I think it erase the configuration if you have already done something before).

Thanks but that will get back to 6.1 again

I do that when things get messy...

I do want to flash this rom with portuguese language

do i have to get another file to flash with the rom or is it impossible?

Guest detroix
Hi, Great ROM using it for 10 minutes and already liking it, pretty resposive. at last the smile button can be used for ok and is fast :D

Is there a way to add the samsung dialer? otherwise I don't see how you can do video calls, It is greyed out also, its nicer than the default one.

i second tt too.. the dialer is easier to interface with

thanks for removing the samsung sms.. gets really laggy after 400-500 sms

Guest ronald-mcdrive

Yes: To use Samsung Dialer, set "Enabled" to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin but you will have a vertical scrollbar on the left. (due to the larger bottom bar of WM 6.5.3)

Guest RainerRabe2

great work, thanks! very quick and responsive. even QWERTZ HW keyboard works including special characters, although this is a US ROM.

some observations:

1. seems that the "X" button (now low right corner of screen) or the "OK" as some apps use, does NOT close the applications any more, even if selected in "samsung settings"/general settings/button/"X" button/enable to end running programs by tapping "X" -did I misconfigure something?

2. although there is more ram available, some bigger apps, like TomTom seem to start slower than with the Factory 6.5 rom, maybe you reduced some cache settings to get more ram free, and that is the price to pay, simply? not a big issue after all.

txs, looking forward to your next version