Custom Samsung B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2

Guest ronald-mcdrive

Guest FortKnox101
Hey Fortknox101 great to see it is working in other roms what version of 6.5 are you running ?

im actually using huzheyi's customised rom. but I dont know it its due to the autoclosing cab but my screen wont stay on, even if im watching a video the screen turns off so much after not doing anything, even if i have set it to stay on. ill let you know if its the ROM or the autoclose fix cab, i will be restoring my phone to default when i get home tonight.

EDIT: as much as i love the autoclose fix, it seems to be the cab that renders my device unable to autorotate when the keyboard is slide outwards and as mentioned earlier renders my device unable to keep my screen on. Now i gotta go back to having my programs close on me...grrr. Also whatever the fix does causes the phone to use massive amounts of power. In a matter of hours ive gone from full battery to 33%. Uninstalling the CAB fixes these issues however just incase ill be restoring my rom to a clean install.

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest chipoun

This autoclose fix really works. I am using 6.5 ROM from Secany. (B7610XXIL2) It is really first think what helped me. But there is a really bad side effects like already wrote FortKnox101...

Device is unable to autorotate when the keyboard is slide outwards etc... I am so sad about it :-(

Guest ttrevelian

yes when ussing the autoclosefix the screen wont rotate when keyboard is open but so far i haven't notice any power drain

after how long are you experiencing screen turning of ? i test for about 5 minutes while playing a video and it did turn off, i think it could be the rom

Guest FortKnox101
yes when ussing the autoclosefix the screen wont rotate when keyboard is open but so far i haven't notice any power drain

after how long are you experiencing screen turning of ? i test for about 5 minutes while playing a video and it did turn off, i think it could be the rom

Well perhaps the power drain was just my perception of something else...however the video/screen turning off problem ceased as soon as i uninstalled the autoclosefix as did the problem with the keyboard.

Guest Martinspire

I've been running this rom for a whole weekend now and i really like the new startbar at the bottom. Buttons are now much easier to click and read.

I noticed a few bugs though:

-The same as above: when you open the keyboard, the screen doesnt go to landscape (i also have that autoclose fix)

-You cant set a wallpaper for the lockscreen. It just doesnt show. You can set one for the todayscreen, but that wont show on lockscreen.

-T9 settings are gone and the menuoption isnt functioning (you can click but nothing happens)

-The new close button isnt showed in some application (like the Lighter app)

-On the work, life and default todayscreen you have a small line just below the top bar. Its a few pixels high and the background is not really working correctly. Its like the screen isnt using that space at all and just shows you what other screens put there before.

I will try and look for more bugs but these are the major ones i found so far.

I really like this rom and hope that you will continue to work on this (or newer versions).

I've been running this rom for a whole weekend now and i really like the new startbar at the bottom. Buttons are now much easier to click and read.

-The same as above: when you open the keyboard, the screen doesnt go to landscape (i also have that autoclose fix)

-You cant set a wallpaper for the lockscreen. It just doesnt show. You can set one for the todayscreen, but that wont show on lockscreen.

-T9 settings are gone and the menuoption isnt functioning (you can click but nothing happens)

-On the work, life and default todayscreen you have a small line just below the top bar. Its a few pixels high and the background is not really working correctly. Its like the screen isnt using that space at all and just shows you what other screens put there before.

I really like this rom and hope that you will continue to work on this (or newer versions).

For Input settings you need to delete in reg in Local Machine\Control panel\Input\ key redirect. At least that worked for me. I am using spb mobile shell and that in current version works well with this.

Guest ttrevelian

i stand corrected, last night I tried watching 24 on the device and at about 4:30 mins the screen turned off

Martinspire covered some off the flaws of this autoclosefix, the lockscreen not showing is caused also by the fix

Guest ronald-mcdrive

This is due to the autoclose fix

I tested this, and i'm also have this problem. i think this is a WM bug because after changing the theme everythint went okay

I think this is an issue with the program and not a bug in WM

This is because the WM 6.5.x top bar (where time and icons are) is smaller then in WM 6.5, use WM default today screenn

I noticed that input method selection is not working using samsung settings and not showing in windows default settings probably just a registry value

As said in post 33

Guest ronald-mcdrive
if my B7610 OS is windows mobile 6.5, not 6.5.3, can I flash this ROM?

and, can anyone upload screen capture? pls...

Yes you can, but only the English version will me available, so you cant change you language.

Hi Ron

Nice Job on the ROM

Just flashed my B7610 from UAE with this rom.

One problem, when the phone comes out of lock screen, the hardware buttons and keyboard DON'T seem to work. I cant use the camera button etc. I have to reboot and disable " Lock when device is woken up" to be able to use these

How do i fix this so as to use the lock screen.

Guest ronald-mcdrive
Hi Ron

Nice Job on the ROM

Just flashed my B7610 from UAE with this rom.

One problem, when the phone comes out of lock screen, the hardware buttons and keyboard DON'T seem to work. I cant use the camera button etc. I have to reboot and disable " Lock when device is woken up" to be able to use these

How do i fix this so as to use the lock screen.

Did you installed autoclosefix.cab? this could cause this problem.

Did you installed autoclosefix.cab? this could cause this problem.

Actually, laurenz suggested i also update the csc file, flashed, with Armani CSC (i had the original for 6.1 from samsung). Now my settings reads as follows :-

PDA : B7610NXXIK2

CSC :B7620FOPIK4

PHONE : B7610XXIK1

everything seems to be working awesomely, i can use the lock, and my buttons works ok now. Will check it out for a couple of days, and report of any other issues i get.

I would suggest for anyone flashing an original winmo6.1 to custom 6.5, should also update the CSC file, this helps in ironing out obvious glitches.

Thanks you Guys, keep up the awesome job

kaluku

Guest sandeeppathak007
Custom Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2

This is my second release of WWE B7610 ROM with windows mobile 6.5.3 Build 28205.

This time i did some OEM and SYS customizations. Also i tried some memory optimalizations, so i need your opinion about it!!

Hi

the download link is not working please re-upload the file when trying to extract both folders getting error and then the operation fails

please check

thanks again for continuously cooking for our b7610