SGH-i637 network issue

Guest james j

Guest james j

Ever since I upgraded to WM 6.5 (Samsung ROM) my data coverage has suffered. ATT was no help. Basically, if I use IE 99% of the time all is fine. When I use MediaNet or try to use ActiveSync to Exchange I get "no network error". I have tried syncing the phone in 5 or 6 major cities in the US and all have the same issue. Normally I am on ATT Edge, but 3G same results. If I watch the signal icon it will go from E to an antenna looking icon or from 3G to the antenna and I know from that point it will fail. The failure is about 80% of the time. It is like WM 6.5 is having issues with the radio. Under 6.1 all worked fine. Any ideas?

Guest darklordofthesith
Ever since I upgraded to WM 6.5 (Samsung ROM) my data coverage has suffered. ATT was no help. Basically, if I use IE 99% of the time all is fine. When I use MediaNet or try to use ActiveSync to Exchange I get "no network error". I have tried syncing the phone in 5 or 6 major cities in the US and all have the same issue. Normally I am on ATT Edge, but 3G same results. If I watch the signal icon it will go from E to an antenna looking icon or from 3G to the antenna and I know from that point it will fail. The failure is about 80% of the time. It is like WM 6.5 is having issues with the radio. Under 6.1 all worked fine. Any ideas?

me too. i have internet and text messaging, but no mms. i cant seem to get it to work. none of the network options that im familiar with in 6.1 are in 6.5. tried using the reamers ics cab file but all regestry entries were already set to zero. i love the rom but it still has some bugs to be worked out.

Guest zemoffm

I have 6.5 on my blackjack 2 and it works fine in the internet department (with one small exception). I had to set up all the stuff in Settings->Connections first, though. You sure those are set up correctly (GPRS and Proxy), along with the corresponding settings in IE?