disco custom kernel [v.b01]

Guest disc0

After some days of testing the new kernel I decided to share it with everyone,

Now just to make things clear, the disclaimer:

Use it at your own risk, If you are unsure of what you are doing please do not flash this kernel.

As a rule of thumb ALWAYS do a nandroid backup first. I will not be responsible for any damage you may get and

I'm almost sure that flashing this boot image will void your warranty, but if you are reading this forum certainly you already did it.

ATTENTION:

If you flash 1GHz and have issues please use 768MHz instead.. It seems that not all liquids are stable at 1Ghz.

It's available in two versions for the ROM 2.000.16, 1GHz and 765Mhz.

Search the files in here.

snap20100211223607.png

Features:

1Ghz

Multitouch (many thanks to Luke Hutchison for all his work and help) [for now, only with Dolphin Browser]
Works very well with clean ROM 2.000.16, installed with acer tool. Bootloader info is:
USB FastBoot: V1.00.03

HW version: v0.4

AMSS version: A1-02.01.03

Build Date: Jan 26 2010, 14:29:43
Instructions: 1. Read the disclaimer. 2. Do a nandroid backup. 3. Download and unpack the zip file. 4. Enter bootloader. 5. Do in console/cmd:
fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot <boot image name>

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

6. Have fun (:

I didn't posted the unrooted version because when you flash this kernel you will be voiding your warranty (if you already didn't), so doesn't make sense to keep your phone unrooted, unless you really want it.. If thats the case, contact me..

As you may know, this was build from a kernel source that has some bugs on it, so, you may experience some erros.. Didn't found any, but if you find please report..

Dmesg will output some errors, but for now they are armless..

Edited by disc0

Guest CedricGatay
what i like about 2.x is that it displays the Kernel version and name :D great work buddy...

devicem.png

But but but, you got Eclair running without any glitch ?

When will you release this ? ;)

what about including BFS (Brain F*** Scheduler) into your kernel? should just be a matter of applying the patch from kon colivas.

from what i heard cyanogen did the same and it resulted in much better speed on g1, so why not on the liquid?

didn't google plan to use BFS in android anyways? does anybody know if that is true or in which version of android we can expect it?

Edited by ma4000

what about including BFS (Brain F*** Scheduler) into your kernel? should just be a matter of applying the patch from kon colivas.

from what i heard cyanogen did the same and it resulted in much better speed on g1, so why not on the liquid?

didn't google plan to use BFS in android anyways? does anybody know if that is true or in which version of android we can expect it?

from what I have read bfs and all those other ramhacks are to speed up the g1, we liquid users have twice the ram then the g1 so im sure we not need any of those patches. I also think swap or apps to sd will be a big waste not sure how it will affect the liquid but im sure it wont help (just my opinion)

But but but, you got Eclair running without any glitch ?

When will you release this ? ;)

no drivers :D no cam, wifi, pretty much it and sound or anything that uses media :(

from what I have read bfs and all those other ramhacks are to speed up the g1, we liquid users have twice the ram then the g1 so im sure we not need any of those patches

but BFS isn't about ram or swap, its simply a scheduler that gives processing time to the processes, and if the processing time is used more effectively, we could even save battery life, in addition to better performance (which is always a good thing to have)

Guest chingy1788

I wouldnt mind more ram

256MB ram, about 106MB taken for... stuff

I dont know why... but my liquid starts running tons of google apps by itself and eventually ends up with about 20mb free ram...

I wouldnt mind more ram

256MB ram, about 106MB taken for... stuff

I dont know why... but my liquid starts running tons of google apps by itself and eventually ends up with about 20mb free ram...

Yes how exactly can this be ? Where does the rest of the ram go ? Is it unused ?