disco custom kernel [v.b01]

Guest disc0

@disc0,

What voltage are you using for 998400? Nexus One uses 1275mV. For testing purposes, can you build a version that has 1300mV for 998400 clock?

Thanks for your awesome work so far ;)

@disc0,

What voltage are you using for 998400? Nexus One uses 1275mV. For testing purposes, can you build a version that has 1300mV for 998400 clock?

Thanks for your awesome work so far :D

I'm not on linux right now, so don't have the source in front of me, but think its on 1275mv right now.. I will try with 1300mv later (: ..

Guest petoulachi
I'll gonna see what I can do about it (: ..

Well FYI I tried to use the framework.jar from the CyanogenMod ROM as adviced at xda, but doing that my liquid doesn't boot aymore, had to nandroid restore.

Guest CedricGatay
I'm not on linux right now, so don't have the source in front of me, but think its on 1275mv right now.. I will try with 1300mv later (: ..

{ 1, 998400, ACPU_PLL_3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 128000, 1, 0x1A, 1250},

it seems that it runs a 1250mV when at 1Ghz (taken from acpuclick-8x50.c), for me it freezes when playing a lot with it (touching screen a lot and going to gallery).

disc0, you should try to raise the vdd to 1275 in an experimental release to see if it fixes these issues.

it seems that it runs a 1250mV when at 1Ghz (taken from acpuclick-8x50.c), for me it freezes when playing a lot with it (touching screen a lot and going to gallery).

disc0, you should try to raise the vdd to 1275 in an experimental release to see if it fixes these issues.

Ok, I was trying to rest a while.. But think I can't because I really want to try it too :D ..

Guest drigerott

disc0 if you need testr i'm here hiihhi like tonight hahahaha :D :D

Guest CedricGatay
@disc0,

Thanks for your awesome work so far :D

where do you get the source of the voltage on Nexus One, on codeaurora.org I found the same table as the one we got, using 1250mV @998400?

Ok, I was trying to rest a while.. But think I can't because I really want to try it too :D ..

Well, liquid becomes unstable in 1275 :\ .. Guess we are stuck on 768 MHz :\

EDIT: I get more than 300% of worst performance in 1GHz at 1,275v !

Any luck on NET_FILTER? Do you get any errormessages when the kernal is rebooting?

Ok, builded fine with it.. What do you want me to test now ??

Edited by disc0

Guest D.Rosendahl
I will release an update kernel soon (/tomorrow ?).. Already tested and got force close in every apk for Donut.. So, we need a new apk :\ ..

Ok, (joaoh88 :D ). But you don't get the No Netfilter message? (I get a "No Netfilter" goto link for more information, then it force closes)

I will release an update kernel soon (/tomorrow ?).. Already tested and got force close in every apk for Donut.. So, we need a new apk :\ ..

Disc0, please commit the source. Thx.

disc0, congratulations for your work!! I'm using your 768MHz MT kernel and had no issues at all, so far (almost no issues too on 1GHz, but not 100% free of hangs).

I'm enjoying Dolphin, now! Thank you. BTW, for those willing to test more MT on 1.6, you can use Maverick (a sort of Google Maps).

Well disc0, I'll add my wish to the perfect kernel too ;-) Would it be possible to have a multi touch keyboard?? To me, it's one of the most important features of MT, otherwise it's kind of impossible to type fast.

Again, thank you! Your kernel has meant an important leap for the Liquid community. Now, I hope someone else joins you for adding new features. :D

disc0, congratulations for your work!! I'm using your 768MHz MT kernel and had no issues at all, so far (almost no issues too on 1GHz, but not 100% free of hangs).

I'm enjoying Dolphin, now! Thank you. BTW, for those willing to test more MT on 1.6, you can use Maverick (a sort of Google Maps).

Well disc0, I'll add my wish to the perfect kernel too ;-) Would it be possible to have a multi touch keyboard?? To me, it's one of the most important features of MT, otherwise it's kind of impossible to type fast.

Again, thank you! Your kernel has meant an important leap for the Liquid community. Now, I hope someone else joins you for adding new features. :D

Unfortunately that would only be possible with native multi touch, there is no way of implementing it without native support :\ ..

Edited by disc0

Ok, (joaoh88 :D ). But you don't get the No Netfilter message? (I get a "No Netfilter" goto link for more information, then it force closes)

No, I don't ! (:

Edited by disc0

Guest designgears

You need to look into swype, that is the future of touch screen typing :D

Guest D.Rosendahl
No, I don't ! (:

Ok- I have downloaded the source for wifi-tether and installing eclipse now. So I will take a look.

However, It has been years since I cross compiled anything an I'm on windows 7 so I will probably have big problems with the native libraries that are included in the source.

Guest xian1243

Could someone please take a look at the source for vpnc android here: http://code.google.com/p/get-a-robot-vpnc/source/checkout

I really need a working tun.ko module (for openvpn), someone managed to compile one but using broken acer kernel sources, but caused the liquid to hang on boot. Now that we have a working source (thanks disc0!) I think it wouldn't be that hard.

Thanks for everything you guys have done!

EDIT: I'm not sure the source for tun.ko is there, Cyanogen has it in all of their ROMs, the droid and hero have it...

Compiled but non working module here: http://code.google.com/p/get-a-robot-vpnc/...es/detail?id=48

Edited by xian1243

Ok- I have downloaded the source for wifi-tether and installing eclipse now. So I will take a look.

However, It has been years since I cross compiled anything an I'm on windows 7 so I will probably have big problems with the native libraries that are included in the source.

Then you are with luch, because you want need to cross compile a thing , you will be working with java, not c (: ..

Could someone please take a look at the source for vpnc android here: http://code.google.com/p/get-a-robot-vpnc/source/checkout

I really need a working tun.ko module (for openvpn), someone managed to compile one but using broken acer kernel sources, but caused the liquid to hang on boot. Now that we have a working source (thanks disc0!) I think it wouldn't be that hard.

Thanks for everything you guys have done!

EDIT: I'm not sure the source for tun.ko is there, Cyanogen has it in all of their ROMs, the droid and hero have it...

Compiled but non working module here: http://code.google.com/p/get-a-robot-vpnc/...es/detail?id=48

Guess I can add to my TODO list. But I can't promise anything that will work :\ ..

Edited by disc0