the flipclock

Guest kendon

little update: i just restored my titanium backup from my mcr3.1 installation to a fresh mcr3.2b5. all apps are back, including settings and market entry. the only thing i had to restore manually was my messages (/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db), and the wallpapers/shortcuts for the homescreens. i have no my old setup in the latest mcr build with the flipclock :D

Didn't it slow down the phone? I hear the very first ROM released with was pretty laggy, even with this removed.

EDIT: Nice work kendon :D

Edited by Xtiro

even with this removed.

which would then be be hint that the flip wasn't the cause for the lag... afaik performance was the reason for the removal of the flip, but i don't think htc themselfes ever commented this?

as for now i would say a) let's just test it and :D everybody should see for him or herself. the discussions about "lag" in the 2.1 roms proves that the reception of lag or sluggishness are very, very individual. even if there was a performance issue with the old rom it doesn't need to exist in the newer ones, and even if it still exists we have gained some performance plus with every of the last mcr builds, so we might just have some to waste on the flipping...

Guest LightningB
I've just tired using it on MCR3.2 Beta, but it's isn't working there isn't no clocks in the HTC widgets, which is a shame :D Great work though I've always missed the flip clock!

I Have the same problem- using the last modaco 3.2 rc5

there is no widget clocks :/

I Have the same problem- using the last modaco 3.2 rc5

there is no widget clocks :/

do you get the same error in logcat?

if so i don't know how to deal with that, looks like wipe + fresh installation is the way to go. worked for me...

Guest LightningB
do you get the same error in logcat?

if so i don't know how to deal with that, looks like wipe + fresh installation is the way to go. worked for me...

I didn't checked this because i laze :D but thx anyway for the idea

Guest intronauta

there is no widget clocks -with the same logcat error- in my "old" MCR 3.1 :D

I/PackageManager(  134): /system/app/HtcClockWidget.apk changed; collecting certs

E/PackageManager(  134): Package com.htc.widget.clockwidget has no signatures that match those in shared user com.htc.rosie.uid.shared; ignoring!

Edited by intronauta

Guest pvillasuso

Offtopic

Here is a (flipclock) solution for Rom's ... with and without Sense

Not as good as the Original posted here ! (-Thanks for your work Kendon-) ,

but.. works for me ( I'm using a No-Sense ROM )

Free From the market > weather widgets (yr.no)

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...jo-yr-znDE.aspx

Choose 4x1 ( and the last option ) Voila , there is a flip clock :D

Enjoy !

Guest Dr. dre

Flashed on a Stock .66 ROM without wipe, flips like a charm. Thanks for that, just love it.

Edit :- the only problem is that the date format in the widget is 'Sat, 02-20' where as I have selected date format as 'Sat, 20 Feb 2010' and it doesn't change even if i change the date format.

It's just a minor problem but i thought i'll put this to your knowledge.

Edited by Dr. dre

Guest irishandrew

Thanks Kendon,

Installed on MCR3.2b5 without wipe and all working beautifully. Only been running it for a few hours but as of yet I have not noticed any slow-downs of the phone, and radio is working well - no issues with HSDPA, GSM or WiFi.

Perhaps paul might include this as an option in 3.2b6 kitchen with your blessing?

Cheers,

Andrew.

Guest tkeunebr
Flashed on a Stock .66 ROM without wipe, flips like a charm. Thanks for that, just love it.

Edit :- the only problem is that the date format in the widget is 'Sat, 02-20' where as I have selected date format as 'Sat, 20 Feb 2010' and it doesn't change even if i change the date format.

I don't have that issue, maybe you should try a reboot ?

same here, just rebooting to see if it helps. hadn't set the date format correct yet. edit: reboot doesn't help here. tbh i don't care about the date format under the watch... also i think there is nothing we can do about, as it is probably not correct implemented.

Thanks Kendon,

Installed on MCR3.2b5 without wipe and all working beautifully. Only been running it for a few hours but as of yet I have not noticed any slow-downs of the phone, and radio is working well - no issues with HSDPA, GSM or WiFi.

Perhaps paul might include this as an option in 3.2b6 kitchen with your blessing?

Cheers,

Andrew.

not sure if it works in the kitchen, i had problems when integrating this into a rom. it seems as if it only works if you have booted at least once after installation.

Edited by kendon

Guest Dr. dre
same here, just rebooting to see if it helps. hadn't set the date format correct yet. edit: reboot doesn't help here. tbh i don't care about the date format under the watch... also i think there is nothing we can do about, as it is probably not correct implemented.

Do you think re-flashing would help ?

Do you think re-flashing would help ?

no i don't. as i said i my suspection is that it is not implemented correctly in this version. but don't let that stop you from trying...