[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest Dona'
I have seen you will move to Desire cooking

Personnaly, I will keep my liquid for a long long time, i thing. Don't plan to change it (too expensive, I pref to make my children happy). You new hardware is a good one.

Do you mind if you could have a look at your rom to maybe pick some files from it ?

I will continue my work on LCR.

Good luck on Desire Evil.

Do you think you will be able to get eViL's new rom working ? Make the sync work and use the new system.img on LCR ?

Edited by Dona'

Guest kenneth_pun

I flashed a 1.8.7 before and now I update that to 2.1.

But I got no radio signal for my phone.

I tried to flash the latest bin but the download tool shows 'The Phone not in OS'.

Can anyone help?

Guest vache
Do you think you will be able to get eViL's new rom working ? Make the sync work and use the new system.img on LCR ?

We need the new bin for proper sync. Too many changes were made since 0.008.06.

And as i can see, the boot.img (so the kernel) is the old one. Can you confirm this eViL ?

Guest G_Technik
Sad news guys. I have decided to move on from the Liquid. It has been fun and it's been great to see many new cooks making roms. I recently sold my Liquid and purchased an HTC Desire, but really I wanted an SE x10. The Desire just seem to good hardware wise.

Very sad news.

I like your roms very much/

Thanks for everything and good luck with Desire!

Guest rafyvitto
I have seen you will move to Desire cooking

Personnaly, I will keep my liquid for a long long time, i thing. Don't plan to change it (too expensive, I pref to make my children happy). You new hardware is a good one.

Do you mind if you could have a look at your rom to maybe pick some files from it ?

I will continue my work on LCR.

Good luck on Desire Evil.

EvilD said we could take/change w/e we wanted from hes new rom =]

Guest malez
EvilD said we could take/change w/e we wanted from hes new rom =]

I have tried latest version but unable to connect to google account. So no synch, and no account. Anyone else has this issue ?

Guest audiobastard
I have tried latest version but unable to connect to google account. So no synch, and no account. Anyone else has this issue ?

everyone has this issue malez. no sync for anyone.

Guest audiobastard
Otherwise is it faster than current ROMs?

I don't think anyone kept it long enough to say for sure. But, as I was using it it seemed snappier for sure.

Guest eViL D:
so, just to be clear. This is the same rom as before, but a new baseband? Just getting new radio and perhaps battery life? I wasn't really clear what all was new about it. I understand it came from another system that was running a 3.11 baseband (mine showed 3.10 but w.e.), but is there any difference with other things? Maybe its just quick because its lighter. Shoot, I dunno. Maybe some info on it could be provided. I know you didn't try out this rom b/c you don't have the liquid anymore, but could someone with some technical savvy maybe point out some new things in this rom. Thanks.

BTW, thanks for all your help and making having a liquid so much fun. Perhaps I'll catch ya when I get a desire... if.. when... yeah... when.

Since the "new" bin was not provided, there is no new baseband 3.11.xx since there isn't a provided bin, but I can confirm a new baseband does exist.

This is only a system.img update meaning there's no radio/kernel here been updated(hence this is why the uptade.zip still works with the same baseband as 0.008.06), he only was given the system.img e.g SYS files if we were talking about windows mobile, the system.img its the latest available from acer liquidE as he alrdy stated.

I hope this clears any confusion you might be having =]

Exactly

not sure if this might be your error, but check if your build.prop has:

# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES

#

ro.config.sync=yes
if so, then excuse this post. I had this issue when i ported 2.1 sense to g1 and this was the error.
This would be a good place to start. Thanks.
I have seen you will move to Desire cooking Personnaly, I will keep my liquid for a long long time, i thing. Don't plan to change it (too expensive, I pref to make my children happy). You new hardware is a good one. Do you mind if you could have a look at your rom to maybe pick some files from it ? I will continue my work on LCR. Good luck on Desire Evil.
Of course, I don't mind. (I have 6 kids too ;), they love me...... I think. LOL)
I flashed a 1.8.7 before and now I update that to 2.1. But I got no radio signal for my phone. I tried to flash the latest bin but the download tool shows 'The Phone not in OS'. Can anyone help?
You need to flash 0.008.06 bin first for the newer radio.
We need the new bin for proper sync. Too many changes were made since 0.008.06. And as i can see, the boot.img (so the kernel) is the old one. Can you confirm this eViL ?
What you can do is this, try replacing the following apps with ASOP or from another build. I could do it, but I really really hate blind testing. *notice that these are all google apps*
EnhancedGoogleSearchProvider

Gmail

GmailProvider

GoogleApps

GoogleCheckin

GoogleContactsSyncAdapter

GooglePartnerSetup

GoogleSettingsProvider

GoogleSubscribedFeedsProvider

gtalkservice

MarketUpdater

MediaUploader

NetworkLocation

SetupWizard

Street

Talk

TalkProvider

Vending

YouTube

Edited by eViL D:

Guest maxisma
not sure if this might be your error, but check if your build.prop has:

# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES

#

ro.config.sync=yes

if so, then excuse this post.

I had this issue when i ported 2.1 sense to g1 and this was the error.

Guest vache

Option is already in build.prop.

Replaced apps, connection Ko.

Replaced libril.so & libril-acer-1.so since they changed with previous one, connection Ko.

Important jar have been modified too, like framework.jar or android.policy.jar. Replaced them, bootloop.

Played with options in build.prop, nothing changed.

Guest Piter1225

Replaced libril.so & libril-acer-1.so since they changed with previous one, connection Ko.

Important jar have been modified too, like framework.jar or android.policy.jar. Replaced them, bootloop.

framework.jar is the worst thing in Liquid developement - it stoped me from using AOSP frameworks ;)

Guest eViL D:

It's the google apps, I'm sure.

Guest eViL D:
It's the google apps, I'm sure.

OR TRY TELEPHONY PROVIDER

edit:

n/m - if internet and other things work, then it would not be telephony provider.

I will need to find my notes, I had for a previous build getting the sync working

Edited by eViL D:

Guest xian1243

Thanks for all of your work eViL D:, I really appreciate everything you have done. I too, tried replacing various libs from the older ROM, but got the same results as Vache. I hope you get it figured out. ;)

I hope things get better for you, keep your spirits up, things will get better. ;)

edit: Did you manage to figure it out? I've replaced all google apps, it must be in the frameworks, don't you think?

edit2: Just a hint. Check HSDPA/HSUPA settings in build.prop, they are wrong. ;)

edit3: changing HSDPA settings didn't help, even though they were a bit wacky. Trying some framework hacks.

Edited by xian1243

Guest R3dw0lF

first of all, thanks for all you work on those magnificent ROM's eViL (and other ROM-builders) it's you guys that make Android the best!

secondly, since installing your latest ROM (v2.1 Final LE) I've been unable to check in with my google account, making all google apps such as market, gmail, gtalk, ... useless!

When i try to login through settings --> accounts --> add account --> google, i keep on getting the error "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server"

Anybody else having similar problems? and more importantly, who knows how to fix it? ;)

Guest endamaco
first of all, thanks for all you work on those magnificent ROM's eViL (and other ROM-builders) it's you guys that make Android the best!

secondly, since installing your latest ROM (v2.1 Final LE) I've been unable to check in with my google account, making all google apps such as market, gmail, gtalk, ... useless!

When i try to login through settings --> accounts --> add account --> google, i keep on getting the error "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server"

Anybody else having similar problems? and more importantly, who knows how to fix it? ;)

If you read just a couple of pages back you find that this is a common issues with this rom!!!

Guest R3dw0lF
If you read just a couple of pages back you find that this is a common issues with this rom!!!

oops, sorry ;)

thought I read most pages already but seems i have missed some :-)

Guest eViL D:
Thanks for all of your work eViL D:, I really appreciate everything you have done. I too, tried replacing various libs from the older ROM, but got the same results as Vache. I hope you get it figured out. ;)

I hope things get better for you, keep your spirits up, things will get better. ;)

edit: Did you manage to figure it out? I've replaced all google apps, it must be in the frameworks, don't you think?

edit2: Just a hint. Check HSDPA/HSUPA settings in build.prop, they are wrong. ;)

edit3: changing HSDPA settings didn't help, even though they were a bit wacky. Trying some framework hacks.

I will try to take a look today. I've still been real busy getting the affairs of my father finalized.

Guest xian1243

Don't worry about it. I've already tried, it doesn't help. I've tried everything. It's best just to use the beta .bin with your ROM mod.

Good luck with your father's affairs, I know what you're going through... I wish you the best.

Take a break from the internet, and spend time with family and friends. It helps.

Christian

Guest eViL D:
Don't worry about it. I've already tried, it doesn't help. I've tried everything. It's best just to use the beta .bin with your ROM mod.

Good luck with your father's affairs, I know what you're going through... I wish you the best.

Take a break from the internet, and spend time with family and friends. It helps.

Christian

Thanks, appreciate it.