MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sealos
I had a similar problem with Gesture Search showing wrong contacts. Reindexed the contacts solved the problem so probably your index out of sync.

Sorry for the noob question, but how do I index the contacts?

Thanks for the help.

Sealos

Guest alr11389
Astro has never let me past into system/app/ did you have to do something extra to allow you to do that?

I don't know, I can't paste in system folder too. But I only needed copy files from here and paste in SD card.

But if you want to install the apk file, only pick it and selec "open with app manager". It will install automatically

Edited by alr11389

Guest cortez
I don't know, I can't paste in system folder too. But I only needed copy files from here and paste in SD card.

But if you want to install the apk file, only pick it and selec "open with app manager". It will install automatically

if you have the Android SDK (Software Development Kit) installed, connect your device to your pc, copy the Email.apk file to the SDK\tools folder and use the commands below via a Windows DOS window:

adb remount

adb push Email.apk /system/app/

then open the app drawer and you should see the stock (non-Gmail) Mail app

Edited by cortez

Guest alr11389
if you have the Android SDK (Software Development Kit) installed, connect your device to your pc, copy the Email.apk file to the SDK\tools folder and use the commands below via a Windows DOS window:

adb remount

adb push Email.apk /system/app/

then open the app drawer and you should see the stock (non-Gmail) Mail app

Thanks a lot! :)

Guest Nexitus

I got everything up and running. Awesome ROM.

Btw, is the first time boot-up after flashing the ROM suppose to take a while longer?

Thanks!

Guest gg_monogram

honestly this A19 makes many of program force close...... can i just flash back to A16 that i used b4? simply just flash A16 again right?

Guest cortez
honestly this A19 makes many of program force close...... can i just flash back to A16 that i used b4? simply just flash A16 again right?
did you wipe before flashing A19? i believe Paul indicated that you'll have to wipe if you were coming from A16. wipe data and dalvik caches, then reinstall the ROM.

on another note looks like Sense UI can be skinned/customized just like it's WinMo cousin. i've been testing stuff, e.g., removing the clock background and flip tabs to get just the clock - and it seems to work - SO FAR, lol.

post-19638-1269491643_thumb.png

Edited by cortez

Guest michael seltzer

I downloaded the one with additions. It doesn't have the fm radio or car home or any of that stuff. Is there anyway to get this without the online kitchen?

Guest JonnyRockets
did you wipe before flashing A19? i believe Paul indicated that you'll have to wipe if you were coming from A16. wipe data and dalvik caches, then reinstall the ROM.

on another note looks like Sense UI can be skinned/customized just like it's WinMo cousin. i've been testing stuff, e.g., removing the clock background and flip tabs to get just the clock - and it seems to work - SO FAR, lol.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! HOW DID YOU REMOVE THE CLOCK BACKGROUND?!?!?!!?!?!?!

PLEASE TELL ME THE PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest skydart

It's been so long since I have used my "Nexus" ROM, so I don't know the answer to my question, but are we supposed to see back-lights on the screen menu buttons above the trackball? If we are supposed to see these lights, then I'm sure that Paul will add them to the ROM in due time. However, if it was not designed to do this, then it would be good to konw as well. Thanks!

Guest haoyan
It's been so long since I have used my "Nexus" ROM, so I don't know the answer to my question, but are we supposed to see back-lights on the screen menu buttons above the trackball? If we are supposed to see these lights, then I'm sure that Paul will add them to the ROM in due time. However, if it was not designed to do this, then it would be good to konw as well. Thanks!

Hope to solve the problem of back-lights on the screen menu buttons .....

Guest GodDriven

Hey Guys.. Haven't Been Around all day..

P, is going to do this.. If i recall.. He wanted to add this to an extent where when the screen is on, they're on, and you know.. LOL.. I Hope he does it soon, I mean it never bothers me.. Like at all, It seems to work in the dark, i think like most, but, what can you do?, its always in those weird light situations, LOL, you just NEED to see, you CANT see.. ARRGHH.. Well, i can say, we are all a happy family here, and it feels great, doesn't it? Android, Mods, Dev's, I mean we come together cause we love this, some cause just want, some out of spite, I mean imagine right? LOL.. We are on a ROM that is on a DEVICE that JUST arrived, like, physically, LOL.. and we had this, like 5 weeks after the release of N1..

Yeah, We're fine here..

BTW..[b Bulletin- LOL..

Tomorrow, The KITCHEN will go LIVE with Cyanogen and Koush.. For the Droid World.. I know.. I know. We're N1, But.. We have to spread the love.. So pass the word.. Cry.. ponder.. doubt even..

It's true.. LOL.. :)

Guest Tong053

Hi P

First of all, thanks for your kindness to release this amazing rom.

I got some issue with vibration on notification (tested on a16) I've set many apps e.g. gtalk/peep to notify by vibration but only the sound notification occur, have you notice this issue?, if yes, please consider for fix it. i'm going to test it again on the newest rom (a19) i'll update here again.

thank you very much :)

Guest WhiteHartMart

Does anyone know of a way to add locations to the HTC Sense Weather database? My home town provides no weather updates at all which kind of spoils the look of the home screen :) Even more annoying is that pretty much every other location I travel too (even the tiniest villages) seem to have updates?

I read that on the WinMo version it was possible to manually add but not sure about Android?

My home town has up to date info on AccuWeather but not sure if this is what the weather app uses?

Guest arkhynn
Hi Paul,

Maybe it's just me but I'm certainly getting less out of the battery since A17.... today only 7hours :)

Same for me, just noticed it tonight, half of the battery before going to sleep, out of battery this morning. Data connection, wifi, gps, BT off... meaning it could come from the radio.

I didn't notice this issue when I was enabling the Flight mode before going to sleep.

Maybe an update of the radio ROM could fix it ?

Guest lp1527

Lost partial root (if that make any sense...)

I have root access for most everything but when I try to reboot from terminal I get "not permitted"

I was always able to do this in CM roms....

Any thoughts?

Guest Cyberdelia

OMG!!!!!!!!!! HOW DID YOU REMOVE THE CLOCK BACKGROUND?!?!?!!?!?!?!

PLEASE TELL ME THE PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check your PM!

Oh, come on... Everybody wants to know...!

Guest Generix
Does anyone know of a way to add locations to the HTC Sense Weather database? My home town provides no weather updates at all which kind of spoils the look of the home screen :) Even more annoying is that pretty much every other location I travel too (even the tiniest villages) seem to have updates?

I read that on the WinMo version it was possible to manually add but not sure about Android?

My home town has up to date info on AccuWeather but not sure if this is what the weather app uses?

enter the Weather app and click on the big + on the right.

Guest SAAAAAANDWICHES!

So is there full dock support (including bluetooth A2DP) with A19, or any prior? I've used every alpha since the first somewhat stable one, but I just got a dock yesterday.

I read that you have to install the dock app through the kitchen, replacing the HTC Clock... which I did.

It now recognizes the dock and launches the appropriate app, but I can't get bluetooth to connect to the dock? Is this just one of the many issues currently with bluetooth on this rom?

Guest NexusCody
So is there full dock support (including bluetooth A2DP) with A19, or any prior? I've used every alpha since the first somewhat stable one, but I just got a dock yesterday.

I read that you have to install the dock app through the kitchen, replacing the HTC Clock... which I did.

It now recognizes the dock and launches the appropriate app, but I can't get bluetooth to connect to the dock? Is this just one of the many issues currently with bluetooth on this rom?

Neither can I with my docks, but it's a known issue due to the Bluetooth problems with this ROM. Check out the Release notes.

Guest polo79

i really like the browser on this rom but does anyone know the best way to "quit" the browser? i think it might have something to do with my battery life since the browser is constantly running. dolphin and xscope give you the option to quit and it appears this one does not. thanks.