MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Its alpha stage, and it should have issues.

The problem is paul didn't give us any progress about this rom.

and alpha 19 already release for 5 days. We have the 3 known issues from alpha 5, and additional issue on alpha 18. No information what paul will do about this issues.

But thanks paul, you are the only one develope this rom for nexus one. I hope cyanogen do the porting, it will have a great result :). People already give you thanks like you said on first post, many of us become adfree subscription now, but you don't deserve it.

Thanks

Oh my god...are you serious...I almos fell of my chair when reading this.

You propably know that Cyanogen will not do any desire ports for Nexus One. Why would he?

If you read this thread there is a good explanation from Paul about the two big problems (BT and FM radio). He also stated he will fix these issues as soon as he can. The situation is that without the Desire kernel sources it will extremely hard, because HTC has modded the kernel very heavily implementing "stupid" hooks for the bluetooth and fm radio. These may be fixable without the kernel sources throug reverse engineering but it will take time.

If you still think Paul doesn't deserve the ad-free/plus support, maybe you should go somewhere else where your attitude is appreciated. This is unofficial ROM and no one has said you would have to use it. Install the stock rom then and go and whine to google about the problems you have.

geez...

Guest dr3blanc0
Where are you noticing the difference in speed?

You have to download Quick System Info from the market and it tells you at what speed your rom is running. This desire rom runs at 786 mhz for some reason

Guest damniatx

Hahaha, you all love paul too much.

I already go back to CYANOGENMOD 5.0.5.3

cyanogen fixed issues by one night, i don't donate anything to cyan,

And he didn't need to put modaco adfree/plus subscription to every thread he made,

not like this one. Hahahaha...

Edited by damniatx

Guest dr3blanc0
The Quick System info shows that my Nexus One HTC Desire ROM is running at 768MHz, I thought it should be 1GHz?

Yea I noticed that at first so I downloaded setcpu and made it 1ghz and then I boosted it to 1.113 by using the guide on the internet.

Wipe data/factory will be enough for you. Only use the SD wipe if you are using apps to SD if u have set that up.

Why not wipe both cache's aswell if you're wiping anyways, does no harm and then you're totally sure :)

Hahaha, you all love paul too much.

I already go back to CYANOGENMOD 5.0.5.3

cyanogen fixed issues by one night, i don't donate anything to cyan,

And he didn't need to put modaco adfree/plus subscription to every thread he made,

not like this one. Hahahaha...

So you are saying that Paul should fix the biggest issues in one night? You know the problems what cyanogen fixes after initial releases are small bugs which are in his ROM, not in other roms. It's just a fact that when you build up custom roms, there are always little bugs that surface only after a larger test base (users). These are easy to fix.

When it comes to Desire ROM, which is totally unofficial for Nexus One, it's pretty hard to fix these bigger problems when you cannot get your hands on the full sources (Cyanogen uses 100% pure Google sources) for the Desire rom. The method of fixing these problems in these named roms are hugely different, where Cyanogen can always use Googles fixes/github to get fixes done by Google, and these are updated pretty often, where as the UNOFFICIAL Desire rom requires lot of reverse engineering because Paul doesn't have kernel sources for example from HTC.

But if you're happy with CyanogenMOD, use it. That's the beauty with different roms...you will be the one deciding which ROM you're using.

Yea I noticed that at first so I downloaded setcpu and made it 1ghz and then I boosted it to 1.113 by using the guide on the internet.

can you provide the guide on how to do that? i would like to do it as well... thx...

kiay...

Guest Miked270
Wipe data/factory will be enough for you. Only use the SD wipe if you are using apps to SD if u have set that up.

Thanks did the data/factory wipe and now it doesn't get locked up at the HTC screen. Paul great job on this! The interface looks so much better than the defualt nexus one, I also love how it has a slight snap and bounce when switching between home screens. Also the flash in the browser is quite cool.

One problem though, I cannot get data or 3g to work. The phone will make calls but I have to use wifi in order to get data. I'm on Tmobile and in a spot that normally gets 3g just fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Guest dipeshb
Thanks did the data/factory wipe and now it doesn't get locked up at the HTC screen. Paul great job on this! The interface looks so much better than the defualt nexus one, I also love how it has a slight snap and bounce when switching between home screens. Also the flash in the browser is quite cool.

One problem though, I cannot get data or 3g to work. The phone will make calls but I have to use wifi in order to get data. I'm on Tmobile and in a spot that normally gets 3g just fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Ha ha, probably a bad tome to be asking this mate. This is a common issue. You need to enter in your countries/operators APN settings. These can be found in wireless settings, networks, apn settings.. or something similar. You will have to search this thread or other threads to get the correct settings. I put this info here to hopefully reduce clutter in this thread.

Guest dipeshb
Why not wipe both cache's aswell if you're wiping anyways, does no harm and then you're totally sure :)

I have always assumed that the dalvic was part of system or data, so a data wipe will also wipe the dalvic. Correct me I'm wrong tho! But that rarely happens!

Guest Cyberdelia
***I have alpha 19 of the desire rom on my nexus one..plus I just overclocked it to 1.113Mhz..Omg it's so fast..I'm so happy with it now...Sense+More speed..It can't get no better

Can you post an "For-Idiot's Step-by-Step Guide" of how to achieve the same results, plz?

Guest xakashi
I have always assumed that the dalvic was part of system or data, so a data wipe will also wipe the dalvic. Correct me I'm wrong tho! But that rarely happens!

yep i always wipe data , wipe cache and wipe delvik to be sure , since you're already there. just to be sure.

Guest LilRedzMD

Paul,

Great News! I subscribed to ADFREE and talked myself into using the Kitchen...I baked everything I wanted and everything is working perfectly. I am now happy again! Whew! Im happy I subscribed. Thats A HUGE Diffrence and it isnt that expensive...Save By A Kitchen...LLS

Guest SAAAAAANDWICHES!
i'm not sure i follow you regarding pics... your emails aren't downloading the HTML graphics/pictures? if yes, could that be a limitation imposed by the Exchange Server? my emails are loading with full graphics when i open them. thanks for clarifying!
When opening HTML emails, all pics are there but attached to the email instead of inline. It's very similiar to how the GMAIL app displays HTML emails...

My biggest issue is how the HTC Email client uses the settings I have set on my desktop Outlook. For example, we have issues with the network becoming slow a lot so I have the "On slow connections, download headers only" checked so Outlook doesn't tie up the little bandwidth I have when it's slow. That somehow propagated to the HTC Email client and so it only downloads headers on every email, regardless of content.

Edited by SAAAAAANDWICHES!

Guest SAAAAAANDWICHES!
Paul,

Great News! I subscribed to ADFREE and talked myself into using the Kitchen...I baked everything I wanted and everything is working perfectly. I am now happy again! Whew! Im happy I subscribed. Thats A HUGE Diffrence and it isnt that expensive...Save By A Kitchen...LLS

So all your contact woe's just went away? Did you use the kitchen to bake in the HTC stock contacts app?

Edited by SAAAAAANDWICHES!

Guest GodDriven
Hello there.

I am wondering if NOISE Cancellation is working on Sense Alfa 19?

thanks in advance

I never thought of this one.. But.. Lets put 1 and two together..

The Original desire does not feature the Noise Cancellation feature.. Thats one.. The N1, does.. Thats two.. But then there's three.. LoL... :P

If I am correct, the ROM we run is no longer patched, and constructed for the most part. This is TECH RC1, just waiting for the Kernal as we have discussed previously before in our build since A1.. A lot was patched and now not.. So, being that this is all Desire I believe not.. The ROM takes over the hardware essentials too, I discussed this before when I made a mention of the IME keyboard.. IF you leave the original clicker.apk and just update the IME.apk itself it would sav the freezes and loss of letters..

Now I have I have a question for some..

A friend of mine.. Has been using desire as the "ship" rom.. lol.. (sold with it on) He is having issues with message order that I have seen some say but as P and I and others followed to regret to say that this is not happening to others (most).. Can anyone elaborate on what might have caused/fixed this event?

Edited by GodDriven

Guest vkazak
I never thought of this one.. But.. Lets put 1 and two together..

The Original desire does not feature the Noise Cancellation feature.. Thats one.. The N1, does.. Thats two.. But then there's three.. LoL... :P

If I am correct, the ROM we run is no longer patched, and constructed for the most part. This is TECH RC1, just waiting for the Kernal as we have discussed previously before in our build since A1.. A lot was patched and now not.. So, being that this is all Desire I believe not.. The ROM takes over the hardware essentials too, I discussed this before when I made a mention of the IME keyboard.. IF you leave the original clicker.apk and just update the IME.apk itself it would sav the freezes and loss of letters..

A friend of mine.. Has been using desire as the "ship" rom.. lol.. (sold with it on) He is having issues with message order that I have seen some say but as P and I and others followed to regret to say that this is not happening to others (most).. Can anyone elaborate on what might have caused/fixed this event?

I would guess that it relate to time stamps -- phone time/network time , etc...or?

Guest GodDriven

Feb 19 2010, 17:38 < That Was when MCR Desire A1 was presented to us.. March 29 and Apr 1 is the release date for this device.. Barely a month of Release the N1 was Sanctified.. LOL.. :P

We haven't heard from Paul cause he must be playing with his "new desire and legend" via twitter, so we will see where this goes.. New kernel anyone? Fm radio? BT? Hopefully..

Also I can confirm that "The Kitchen App is coming Soon" it has been being worked on for a while.. No date or release.. But.. do know this.. It will be universal to Cyanogen and MoDoCo sicne the kitchen have joined forces.. (Quoted P)

Then the DROID is in there too.. Trying to see if ALLDROID and the ZUES team would like to bring there Desire/Incredible build into the Kitchen as well.. This way, the two most important machines are right where they belong.. All as a family, devs, roms, people, forums, etc...

NICE!!!

P.S.

So if you know any friends and loved ones at AllDroid, remind them of the advancements being made for the entire community.. For the entire Custom Android World.. Being here is What we need, but as P likes to say, As long as the Rom Chef is fine with it, he's fine with it.. !

Edited by GodDriven

Problem with many HTC phones it seems. Get SmsFixTimes from the Market, it runs in the background after the first run and fixes every incoming timestamp, and every timestamp received from before, too!

Guest skydart
Feb 19 2010, 17:38

Also I can confirm that "The Kitchen App is coming Soon" it has been being worked on for a while.. No date or release.. But.. do know this.. It will be universal to Cyanogen and MoDoCo sicne the kitchen have joined forces.. (Quoted P)

GD, can you elaborate a little bit on the sentence, "The Kitchen App is coming soon". What kind of "app" are you referring to? One we put on our devices, or on our desktop computer? What will it offer that we don't have available here in the forum?

-Skydart

Guest rICHIEa1226

Hello,

I am new to all this. I did not want to root my phone, but after seeing the work of this rom I must say this is the best features I have seen on the nexus one. But my question is, Does anyone have issues sending pictures or receiving pictures? I have the bluetooth problem also, but am not to worried about it at the moment, I am just in need of sending and receiving pictures. Someone please help!!