MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GodDriven
i've had this message too... i had 3 nandroid backups (when viewing through the Amon Ra 'back/restore>nand restore' screen... first one gave me that message, and my latest one gave it to me... the middle one worked... since i was at work at the time, and my windows machine at work won't do adb for some reason (stupid driver wont' work even after reinstalling a million times)... so when i did my last wipe and back to A19, i just didn't restore from nand, and used my Titanium backup... not great but better than nothing...

so in any case... i have the same question you do... wtf is the best way to get a nand backup to actually work????? :P

Okay.. Cancuk.. This is what I found.. The Nandroid will work, but it needs green battery.. This is to my opted oblivion.... I waited.. and now without fail.. Desire is restoring.. I am going back to A19.. Cause A20-21 have been nothing but haywire.. Whew.. I hope P is not Getting tired on us.. I really hope not...

Otherwise.. If you need to do a restore on low battery, you need to open the communication port, meaning, do a backup.. then choose the restore you wanted initially.. It is forced to restore.. Since by default ADB is sort of Open to discussion when you back up.. Like it knows it is in a delicate state..

Guest AndyCr15
He is jelous that a small comapny like Google can sweep theyr entire market off the florr.

Eh? You would call Google a small company? Isn't it a multi-billion dollar company? They're HUGE, no?

Out of interest, where can you find figures about company size?

Guest GodDriven
Eh? You would call Google a small company? Isn't it a multi-billion dollar company? They're HUGE, no?

Out of interest, where can you find figures about company size?

Wow.. If you need a lesson.. Here's one.. Google is NOt as rich as Apple oh and dear god they're no where near the radar on Microsoft.. They are HUGE.. By the end of this YEAR!... They will now have hopefully overcome all the battles.. Where the ONLY thing that pops out your mouth is Google.. Get it Google..

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Google < The Truth Lies within here.. >

Edited by GodDriven

Guest cortez
Wow.. If you need a lesson.. Here's one.. Google is NOt as rich as Apple oh and dear god they're no where near the radar on Microsoft.. They are HUGE.. By the end of this YEAR!... They will now have hopefully overcome all the battles.. Where the ONLY thing that pops out your mouth is Google.. Get it Google..

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Google < The Truth Lies within here.. >

Please guys, let's stay on topic: Desire ROM feedback, issues & solutions. Thanks!

Guest rICHIEa1226
ok - can people that say ' i did a wipe - my mms is still not working ' please also indicate what ROM their are on...

not directing this specifically at your richie... just that people post - i wiped and now X is not working... ok... with that rom... 19, 20, 21... 14? WHAT????????

I did the whole wipe and I still can not send the MMS.. I am on Aplha 21.. I have it saved on my SD card, so I just wiped all from the phone. It put the MMS settings in there are a cooked the APN settings in my ROM, but it just says its sending and does not send.. Any other suggestions???

Guest rhomberto
network reception not too good for me after i flashed R21 .. going back to alpha 18.. keep flactuates , from no signal to full , keep going back and forth.

the same for me.. :P im trying different bakes to see if it keeps happening.. plz fix

Guest deanesn
I did the whole wipe and I still can not send the MMS.. I am on Aplha 21.. I have it saved on my SD card, so I just wiped all from the phone. It put the MMS settings in there are a cooked the APN settings in my ROM, but it just says its sending and does not send.. Any other suggestions???

This is what I would do if the problem is in the APN. I would get the cyangen rom and install it then get your gaccount all set and make sure everything is working over 3G and send MMS to some1. If that goes ok then go to the market and download this ap called "APN Backup & Restore". Back up your APN and then flash your rom back to Desire and install the APN app and then restore your APN settings. I am sure this will fix it if the problem is in the APN settings pr releated. GL

Guest rICHIEa1226
This is what I would do if the problem is in the APN. I would get the cyangen rom and install it then get your gaccount all set and make sure everything is working over 3G and send MMS to some1. If that goes ok then go to the market and download this ap called "APN Backup & Restore". Back up your APN and then flash your rom back to Desire and install the APN app and then restore your APN settings. I am sure this will fix it if the problem is in the APN settings pr releated. GL

Great idea... Wish I was home right now so that I can try it, since I deleted the cyangen rom from my sd card... THank you for the insight, I will try this later on tonight... I will let you know if it works as it can solve the problem for a lot of us..

Guest AndroidFREAK

Hi, so I have a few questions with some problems I am having with all these roms. Well for one let me ask if I should be restoring from backups each time I update to a new rom? I have been doing this with each update. My main problems right now is MMS. When I receive a MMS it is always in a slideshow format and the pic is horrible quality. I dont understand why. And now that I have updated to alpha 20 I cant send MMS at all. It just says "status pending". Is there any solutions for the MMS? Any advice would be appreciated.

Also does anyone know how to properly overclock on pauls desire roms? I would like to give it a try.

Guest slimfady

Paul,

The Arabic option won't work with Desire. Alsanad's implementation is not compatible with Sense UI. I think it's cuz Sense uses a different libwebcore than regular android. Using this option in the kitchen results in Market and Browser FCs.

The option works fine with the regular MCR and with CM. I assume the same goes to hebrew

Guest heyyouyesyou

This is my first install (R21) and my nexus seems to not be receiving 3G.

I live and work in an area of abundant 3G coverage, but it constantly shows EDGE and brings edge speeds.

Is there a setting for this, or are other people experiencing the same as well?

FIXED: Applied auto GSM/WCDMA option.

Edited by heyyouyesyou

Guest rhomberto

hi Paul'

there seems to be a bug on r21 with signal strength ...whenever my phone switches from 3G to H to it loses signal ?? not good.. :P Im on t-mobile US ....I tried two different baked roms and one non-baked rom (wiped every time) and I still get the same problem?? but when I flash back to r19 all is well.. any reason why this is happening??

Rhom

Guest evilive27

i seem to have ok reception so far (Rogers in Canada), but for some reason my phone isn't syncing. The syncing symbol has been on for a good 3 hours now. Not sure if its just me or if its the ROM. Funny thing is if i open any of the apps that require syncing (ie. gmail, facebook, flickr etc) everything syncs just fine. Anyone with a similar problem?

edit: nevermind, everything working fine, its my facebook sync thats not working. not sure if its on facebooks end or mine.

Edited by evilive27

Guest jlevy73
I installed r21 and it just loops at the HTC quietly brilliant screen. What do I need to do to get it working?

Just means you have to a complete wipe inside recovery. Wipe data, dalvik, ext, battery and rotate then reflash rom

Guest jlevy73
Hi, so I have a few questions with some problems I am having with all these roms. Well for one let me ask if I should be restoring from backups each time I update to a new rom? I have been doing this with each update. My main problems right now is MMS. When I receive a MMS it is always in a slideshow format and the pic is horrible quality. I dont understand why. And now that I have updated to alpha 20 I cant send MMS at all. It just says "status pending". Is there any solutions for the MMS? Any advice would be appreciated.

Also does anyone know how to properly overclock on pauls desire roms? I would like to give it a try.

Use Pershoots OC/UV kernel from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633238

Guest war eagle
Just means you have to a complete wipe inside recovery. Wipe data, dalvik, ext, battery and rotate then reflash rom

Kinda new to all this.. I know how to wipe... whats dalvik,ext,battery, and rotate?

Guest skydart
Kinda new to all this.. I know how to wipe... whats dalvik,ext,battery, and rotate?

Dalvik has to do with the cache. EXT has to do with your partition, and Battery refers to wiping the history use of the battery, (I believe), and I believe that rotate has to do with the position of the screen, (I could be wrong on that one).

Guest GodDriven
Use Pershoots OC/UV kernel from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633238

JLevy.. Hey Man..

Question.. 20 and 21 had minor issues.. I have tried to see but haven't gotten the chance.. With pershoots kernel, does it fix the GVoice issue that 20 and 21 have.. I don't know why, besides the fact of a FULL desire port.. but it seems like where back at square one.. at A21 LOL>>>LOL>>> I recall before that this helped BT, and the Cam at one point.. Then the Screeching sound as a call waiting sound actually went.. boop.. not efjbvszdklvbcxlzbkvcjszkj.. LOL..

Let us know.. Please..

Guest mcmugchu

when i flash r21, i got the following error message:

E:Cant't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 18:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

Can anyone help? I've wiped the phone already. Thx!

Guest Min.Lee

Installation aborted.

Guest amunamu

Cannot setup email account through IMAP SSL. Tried with two different mail systems (Lotus Notes 7 and Icewarp 10). I searched the topic, and some others having the same issue. Any fix for this?

Guest Min.Lee

Installation aborted.

I had the same problem and figured the problem was that after it downloaded it would automatically unzip the zip file and when it does that it doesn't keep the modaco signature. So I went into settings and turned off automatic zip file extraction and downloaded the file again, transffered it to my nexus, flashed it and the problem was gone and I had the new rom. Hope this helps

Guest mcmugchu
I had the same problem and figured the problem was that after it downloaded it would automatically unzip the zip file and when it does that it doesn't keep the modaco signature. So I went into settings and turned off automatic zip file extraction and downloaded the file again, transffered it to my nexus, flashed it and the problem was gone and I had the new rom. Hope this helps

Which "settings" did you mean? Thank you