MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest houstonblaney1
A quick update - I will have extremely limited Internet access for the next 2 weeks, so there will be fewer (if any) updates and less responses from me in thread until I am fully back online on the 20th April. Thanks for your understanding. :(

That said, a lot of people on this thread have been here since the very beginning and are very knowledgeable, so I'm sure this thread will continue to thrive with everyone helping each other! :P

Definitely some cool stuff lined up for when I return - a new production build, a new system that frees up space on /system and /data (no more storing system stuff on data!) not to mention potential things from a Bravo CDMA dump, the HTC Incredible dump and even a partial Evo 4G dump... :( With a bit of luck the Bravo kernel will drop soon and we can get everything working too...

P

Have a good time. Thanks for the hard work!

Cheers!

Guest Anielk77

using r 21

- htc news constantly crashinng.

- lost all my APN

- even loosing contacts, but when te contact calls, the phone now who it is. (where does he keeps te contact list ?)

any solve for this issue?

Guest mi_canuck
A quick update - I will have extremely limited Internet access for the next 2 weeks, so there will be fewer (if any) updates and less responses from me in thread until I am fully back online on the 20th April. Thanks for your understanding. :(

That said, a lot of people on this thread have been here since the very beginning and are very knowledgeable, so I'm sure this thread will continue to thrive with everyone helping each other! :P

Definitely some cool stuff lined up for when I return - a new production build, a new system that frees up space on /system and /data (no more storing system stuff on data!) not to mention potential things from a Bravo CDMA dump, the HTC Incredible dump and even a partial Evo 4G dump... :( With a bit of luck the Bravo kernel will drop soon and we can get everything working too...

P

i hope it's because you're going shredding in the Alps... B)

Guest mi_canuck
using r 21

- htc news constantly crashinng.

- lost all my APN

- even loosing contacts, but when te contact calls, the phone now who it is. (where does he keeps te contact list ?)

any solve for this issue?

yes, revert back to A19 :P

Guest 18.4009

Ahhh s***! the crack dealer is going out of town!

By the time you come back in two weeks all you will find of your forums is a bunch of zombies chanting (neeeeed update...neeeeeeeed update)

Justifiable Homicide by any person

Guest bluepenny65

So has anyone figured out the battery issue.....it got better on A19...now I am on A20 and battery doesn't even last 6hrs (without any form of use...just standby).

Guest Askani

Today I got myself wondering...

Will there ever be a sense rom perfect for N1?

I mean, I'm new to android scene and this stuff about changing rom is quite interesting and absolutely great to do, I love to mess arround with system and stuf and coming from symbian I fell like I'm in wonderland and all but after several Alphas I got myself really wondering if there ever will be a Beta or an RC and since I got no experience at all, is there any other cases where sense rom was succesfully ported from one device to another?

I know for a fact that N1 and Desire have virtually same hardware, hence the possibility to port sense ui, but is there any other devices that share practically same hardware in wich sense ui has been ported to and is working perfectly or as close as perfect as possible? I know that there are bugs even in official roms and no rom is bug free but since A17 its been straight downhill and got me worried if I should ever get really used to sense ui or revert back to cyanogen mod, even though I love sense ui.

So, is there a possibility for un N1 users to have a sense rom fully working and all or should I start to save money in order to get a real desire?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my blabber but I dont know a lot of android and I love Paul's work, so nothing said here was meant as criticism, only speculation...

Thanks again!!!

By the way, is there any way to install 3dgallery and uninstall wavesecure from my A17 rom?

Thanks!

Edited by Askani

Guest ianoreo

Anyone notice lag when scrolling? I find it when I'm scrolling on the app page and in SMS conversations....

Also did they dump the animated clock? THAT THING ROCKED! Seems to just be static now

Guest refine
I have the same problem with A19.

Sometimes I have to press the power button five o more times to get the screen off...

Fortunately, got one having the same problem as mine.

Then it would not be the hardware issue probably :P

thanks kimaro for the response

Guest pangpond

After install r21 I found the path /system used 100% of partition.

That make me can't install anything in /system (eg. custom font files)

and A2SD not functional after install with Online Kitchen ROM.

does anyone have instruction/requirement for A2SD?

anyway Thankyou for develop :P

Known Issues

• Bluetooth does not work reliably
  • FM Radio finds stations but does not produce any sound
  • Footprints camera view is rotated 90 degrees
  • USB mount notification does not fire - use 'USB Mount' application from menu.

Hi, Just want to thank you for your work, I really like this Rom!

The only thing that is missing for me is the Bluetooth to work properly! Elsewhere this Rom is PERFECT!

The working fm Radio would be nice too, but the Bluetooth is more important... Fm radio is not even supposed to work on this device...

I don't know if many people uses Footprints, or cares about the USB mount notification..

but It doesnt matter to me to open the USB Mount app instead of going into the notification bar and select Mount Usb and then click Mount... Its even faster to just open the Mount USB App... One click instead of three, and less annoying..

And I don't use footprints...

If many others thinks like me, then the more important thing to do is to make Bluetooth working... and then try to fix the FM radio perhaps...

I've tried many Roms for Both G1 and Nexus one, and I think this Rom is the more stable, for an Alpha release..

By my opinion I think BT is the only last problem that we care about..

Does anyone agrees? I don't want to talk for all of us..

anyways.. Thanks again!

K.Z

Guest GodDriven

P

Enjoy...

Thanks P.. Hopefully with this.. It can be another "Party"... Maybe some Xperia MoDoCo branded goodies.. In The Future... B)

Edited by GodDriven

Guest superbanana
Maybe try A19 with all those baked in options. it's waaay more stable than A20 or A21 (these last two were from a newer leak... )

Where can I find the older version? Thanks!

Guest elan85

Im currently using r21(without addon)

I always get the message "your tweet is too long" everytime i tweet using htc peep / friend stream eventhough my tweet is well below the character limit. Is there a fix for this or is this r21's bug?

Also some overheating issues which was previously gone in r17.

There are some other minor bugs but i think they are pretty negligiable. The twitter could be the more serious one.

Not complaining, just wanna give some feedback. Will patiently wait for your next release Paul!

Edited by elan85

Guest rnmedic1839

Ok got the r21 with the addd ons seems stable, No blue tooth, Wifi works APNS all working, MMS camera flash works. Seems OK. No issues yet.

Did not install the FM radio

Wish the BT would work for wireless Head set. Mabe when paul comes back. Thanks Again Paul great job!

Guest Chief Gribbler
Today I got myself wondering...

Will there ever be a sense rom perfect for N1?

I'd say yes, and I don't think it would even be too difficult. It's access to the correct ROM, and a little bit of time for Paul. Not that I'm speaking from experience within the android scene (couple of weeks), I'm basing this on my understanding of linux (a lot years), and been hacking on devices (phones, xbox's, archos media players, etc) for a lot of years. I never have gotten to far into the scenes, just enough to know my way around to do what I want/need. Christ a lot of those projects would've gotten further faster if they had access that 'we' do to an android based phone.. Paul needs a bit of time and space and I'm very confident this will all be stable, fully functional, with probably more bells and whistles than the perfect working original...

my 2 cents.

Guest rnmedic1839
Do any of you have issues with HSDPA? I`m only seeing the G icon not the H icon...

No problem go thru your APN settings again make sure they are set right dont forget to save and reboot the phone helps. T Mobile US